Author Topic: Chicuelo Mix Theme Release (v1.1.1)  (Read 15940 times)

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Chicuelo Mix Theme Release (v1.1.0)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 04:56:20 AM »
Thank you for the new update. :)

Noticed that arrow blink effect doesn't work if you use the d-pad, only with the analog button.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:59:56 AM by Enkak »

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 07:07:58 AM »
Thank you for the new update. :)

Noticed that arrow blink effect doesn't work if you use the d-pad, only with the analog button.

Thanks, please copy the following code and paste it in place of original (starts at line 45) and check if it works:

Code: [Select]
function tick_up(ttime){
    (fe.get_input_state("Up") || fe.get_input_state("Joy0 Up") || fe.get_input_state("Joy0 PovYpos")) ? image_up.visible = true : image_up.visible = false;
}

function tick_down(ttime){
    (fe.get_input_state("Down") || fe.get_input_state("Joy0 Down") || fe.get_input_state("Joy0 PovYneg")) ? image_down.visible = true : image_down.visible = false;
}

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 07:41:14 AM »
I can confirm that it works now with the updated code that you gave, both with d-pad and analog. :)

A quick question: what's the difference between DisplayType and DisplayName?

I ask because in the new version of the theme, in layout_games.nut, for the system logos you have DisplayType in line 55 and noticed that the system logo didn't appear in the frontend. But if I change it to DisplayName the logo appears as it should near the games story.

Cheers and thank you again for all your efforts. :)

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 08:01:18 AM »
I can confirm that it works now with the updated code that you gave, both with d-pad and analog. :)

A quick question: what's the difference between DisplayType and DisplayName?

I ask because in the new version of the theme, in layout_games.nut, for the system logos you have DisplayType in line 55 and noticed that the system logo didn't appear in the frontend. But if I change it to DisplayName the logo appears as it should near the games story.

Cheers and thank you again for all your efforts. :)

TY, released a bug fix version for DisplayType and also added D-Pad support guess it'll come in handy for most of the users.

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Chicuelo Mix Theme Release (v1.1.1)
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 02:23:35 PM »
No problem and glad to help! :)

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »
Hi rand0m :)

I'm building here slowly an AM build using your excellent port of Chicuelo. The games part is almost done but I have 2 questions regarding Displays menu:

- Is it possible to make all the information work with a 2 tier menu structure (systems + games) instead of the original 3 tier?

If yes, how can I make the info at the top (example: 1998 - 128-BIT CONSOLE) appear?

- The final question is connected to the information at the bottom. I noticed that system menu tier originally says x games available but that is connected to the number of items/systems in that tier and not to the games available in each system romlist, the logical step. So every time you scroll the number is always the same and not connected at all to the games that are available in the romlists. How can we change that?

PS: I'm using version 1.1.2

Cheers and thank you so much again!

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 03:16:06 PM »
Hi rand0m and thank you so much for reply and all the hints. Will start doing more tests. :) 

In this print from a few days ago I added art and info for PC games and opted to take out the bottom info at the time until a better solution arrived, in this case your hints and instructions. Can't wait to test it and share some results. It really looks so nice and clean the theme, really love it. :)

PS: I'm noticing something peculiar when I use Chicuelo prominently. The display menu stops remembering the last system selected when you quit AM and most times it chooses a random system when I go back to AM. Maybe just a coincidence? Is there a way in AM to reset display menu memory just in case for testing?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 10:24:54 AM »
After following your instructions everything is working good and look as expected, thanks again rand0m. :)

A quick question. Was searching a little more about that idea of scrolling text for titles and overview text. Did some failing tests with scrollingtext module/object. Well, the title text at least scrolled but not where the Titles are  ;D
So, would be possible to use something like scrollingtext module/object for that purpose?

I wish I could understand better squirrel +_+

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 11:32:22 PM »
Hi rand0m and thank you so much for reply and all the hints. Will start doing more tests. :) 

In this print from a few days ago I added art and info for PC games and opted to take out the bottom info at the time until a better solution arrived, in this case your hints and instructions. Can't wait to test it and share some results. It really looks so nice and clean the theme, really love it. :)

PS: I'm noticing something peculiar when I use Chicuelo prominently. The display menu stops remembering the last system selected when you quit AM and most times it chooses a random system when I go back to AM. Maybe just a coincidence? Is there a way in AM to reset display menu memory just in case for testing?

This happened to me too after I added collections and custom favorites. Its just a hunch but I think if an item is listed in multiple places AM exhibits this behavior (not returning to parent folder).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:40:56 PM by rand0m »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
I tried again looking for that but no collections and favorites here. Also deleting some leftover display info didn't work. +_+ I will try creating a clean standalone AM build with only a 2 tier Chicuelo version to see if it works normal as it should without that behavior.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »

This happened to me too after I added collections and custom favorites. Its just a hunch but I think if an item is listed in multiple places AM exhibits this behavior (not returning to parent folder).

Found the culprit finally. In main custom build for testing I had 2 displays with the options:
in_cycle             no
in_menu              no

I created those two systems displays before deciding to put their romlists together in Arcade.
Then remembered that in other clean build those systems had same options to "yes" or simply not there.
So deleting those displays in attract.cfg in custom test build or options to "yes" made the Display menu back to normal.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 03:33:48 AM by Enkak »