Author Topic: Naomi Bios.  (Read 4986 times)

Aaron32

• View Profile
Naomi Bios.
« on: December 02, 2019, 02:20:01 AM »
Hello Community, I have the following question. Is there a way to configure the Demul-Naomi emulator to select certain bios when a game is running? Someone has been able to do it somehow or it is not possible. Thank you.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Naomi Bios.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:58:17 AM »
I'm not working with DEmul. But different tutorials told:

-in DEmul, you can set a path to a general bios folder
-the BIOS-files should there exist as a zip-file (not unzipped)
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 03:11:11 AM »

The problem is that the bios come with the emulator, they are not placed in a folder like in MAME. That is, in the emulator menu you can select automatic, USA, World or Japan. But if I select, for example, the bios USA, there are games that don't work for me.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 02:46:19 PM »
if their was im assuming it would be available through cmd promt

demul.exe -help
help a friend....

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 04:01:44 PM »
if their was im assuming it would be available through cmd promt

demul.exe -help

I will try to do some tests from the command console to see what results I get. But I see it complicated, I think someone could make it work but in HyperSpin. :P

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 05:52:29 PM »
Hello Community, I have the following question. Is there a way to configure the Demul-Naomi emulator to select certain bios when a game is running? Someone has been able to do it somehow or it is not possible. Thank you.

In my Demul (v0.7) GUI
Config-->Naomi BIOS-->Auto Select

This will choose the correct BIOS for the game you launch from the folder you have defined for your BIOSes in Demul. FYI - You can define multiple BIOS paths too.

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »

In my Demul (v0.7) GUI

This will choose the correct BIOS for the game you launch from the folder you have defined for your BIOSes in Demul. FYI - You can define multiple BIOS paths too.

Can you tell me how to configure multiple bios then? I must do it by means of a command (cmd), I suppose. Thanks.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 09:05:06 PM »
Use the GUI to configure the settings. These settings are saved and used when you do use the command line or the GUI. Once this is done there is no need to mention any BIOS on the command line.

GUI
Config-->Plugins and Paths--> Roms and Bioses Paths--><enter your path> and click add. Repeat this step to add more paths.

OR

Manually configure the Demul.ini (the example shown is not a complete demul.ini, just the pieces you need to focus on)
Code: [Select]
[main]
naomiBiosAuto = true

[files]
roms0 = D:\Roms\Demul\
roms1 = D:\Roms\MAME\
roms2 = D:\BIOS\Demul\
roms3 = D:\BIOS\Demul2\

THEN

Attract Mode emulator file Sega Naomi.cfg (example)
Code: [Select]
executable           \Emulators\DEmul\demul.exe
args                 -run=naomi -rom=[romfilename]
rompath              \Roms\MAME\
romext               .zip
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 09:10:13 PM by progets »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 09:16:25 PM »

The problem is that the bios come with the emulator, they are not placed in a folder like in MAME. That is, in the emulator menu you can select automatic, USA, World or Japan. But if I select, for example, the bios USA, there are games that don't work for me.

This isn't accurate. Naomi roms and BIOSes are MAME roms and BIOSes and they can be stored in the same folder/directory.

BIOS files do not come with the Demul emulator. Maybe you're confusing nvram files with BIOS files?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 09:18:33 PM by progets »

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 02:05:02 AM »

This isn't accurate. Naomi roms and BIOSes are MAME roms and BIOSes and they can be stored in the same folder/directory.

BIOS files do not come with the Demul emulator. Maybe you're confusing nvram files with BIOS files?

Actually, I don't mean the bios (naomi.zip or awave.zip) of the systems, but the one designated by the regions (USA, Japan and World) in the emulator, I don't know if I explain myself:

https://ibb.co/nLswVZB

What I am trying to do is if you can configure Demul-Naomi to run a game with the "USA" region and another with the "Japan" region without having to change from the emulator menu.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 08:27:54 PM »
As I explained above, those files are part of the MAME BIOS files. They are inside the naomi.zip file, take a look for yourself. Follow the directions above and it should work properly.

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 02:03:14 AM »
Now I understood better, thanks for the help progets. Sorry if at any time I can not understand what you said, I do not speak English very well and use a translator to communicate better, but sometimes the translation is confusing.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 10:17:41 PM »
No problem and you're welcome. If you're still having issues and my information is not clear please let me know. I will try to describe it in a different way.

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 02:10:31 AM »
No problem and you're welcome. If you're still having issues and my information is not clear please let me know. I will try to describe it in a different way.

Very kind of you progets, thanks again. :)

I tried to do what you told me. I have edited the "Demul.ini" file, place two different rom routes and have even modified the "Naomi.zip" file so that it does not contain (in one of the folders) the Japanese region. But, nevertheless, the emulator automatically continues assigning the Japanese region by default. I think I'll have to wait until they release a US version of Capcom vs. SNK (capsnk.zip) or have two "Demul", one configured with the "USA" region and one with the "Japanese" region. I found another user that says what the problem is:

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-3548.html
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 02:18:05 AM by Aaron32 »