Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547836 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.5 [Release] Updated 13 September 2019
« Reply #585 on: September 15, 2019, 10:28:48 PM »
Even after I put the new layout.nut still encounter some problems, in the images below I marked some.

The history bug completely flew under my radar, I don't know what happened, apparently reordering file calls fixed the bug. You can check the attached layout (you'll probably miss the "tag" icon because I changed the PNG name)

The blank space above the "TITLE" sorting hint is due to the fact that there you'd see the "filter" name of the current filter. Usually displays have at least a "All" and "Starred" filters, but your display doesn't have any so I'm sorry it won't show anything there. [EDIT] I'll change the code so that if no filter name is available that area will only show the sort order. I'm also adding some nice glyphs that will be much better than ">" and "<" :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:41:44 AM by zpaolo11x »

dark1973

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.3 [Release] Updated 28 August 2019
« Reply #586 on: September 17, 2019, 05:35:29 AM »
Ciao. Se puoi implementa l'inserimento di un'immagine in sovraimpressione (sia nel menu principale che nell'history) io ho un cabinato arcade potrebbe essere utile visualizzare i comandi della plancia

Dovrebbe essere già possibile: nelle opzioni di Arcadeflow c'è "Custom BG image", se come immagine carichi una PNG con i tuoi comandi su sfondo trasparente dovrebbe visualizzarli in sovrimpressione. Fammi sapere se funziona

Ciao. Ho fatto qualche prova. Ti posto le immagini. Per lo sfondo del main screen come mi hai detto, va benissimo. L'unico intoppo e' la schermata history. Se riuscissi nelle prossime versione a differenziare gli screen di sfondo te ne sarei molto grato.

p.s. lavoro discretamente con Photoshop, se ti piace lo sfondo con bezel o hai altre richieste (es. pulsanti o alto), fammi sapere. Ciao e Grazie
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:03:08 AM by dark1973 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #587 on: September 17, 2019, 06:38:33 AM »
Ciao. Ho fatto qualche prova. Ti posto le immagini. Per lo sfondo del main screen come mi hai detto, va benissimo. L'unico intoppo e' la schermata history. Se riuscissi nelle prossime versione a differenziare gli screen di sfondo te ne sarei molto grato.

Sto implementando il doppio sfondo, ma mi è venuto un dubbio: il problema è la sfumatura sotto lo screenshot nella pagina della history? Il tuo bezel ha il centro trasparente?

Perché nell'implementazione che sto facendo lo sfondo della history si posiziona _sopra_ la sfumatura ma _sotto_ il pannello bianco del testo, che però può essere eliminato. In questo caso se lo sfondo ha una trasparenza però vedresti sempre dietro la sfumatura verticale. Aggiungerò un'opzione per toglierla, anche se a quel punto il doppio sfondo è superfluo, ma ormai l'ho inserito e lo teniamo :D

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 17, 2019, 10:50:09 AM »
Si. Trasparenza leggera. Simula il vetro di un vecchio crt

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #589 on: September 18, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »

Ok, sto lavorando all'implementazione. Purtroppo ho scoperto che la nuova routine di ordinamento ha un sacco di piccoli bug difficili da scoprire, sto fixando il più possibile, se tutto va bene venerdì esco con la nuova versione :D

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 20, 2019, 01:32:12 AM »

Ok, sto lavorando all'implementazione. Purtroppo ho scoperto che la nuova routine di ordinamento ha un sacco di piccoli bug difficili da scoprire, sto fixando il più possibile, se tutto va bene venerdì esco con la nuova versione :D

Il lavoro che stai facendo è immenso. Asptterei anche settimane. Grazie di nuovo e buon lavoro

The work you do is remarkable. I am willing to wait even weeks. Thanks again and good work

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.6 [Release] Updated 20 September 2019
« Reply #591 on: September 20, 2019, 02:20:55 PM »
Another week, another revision! Arcadeflow 5.6 is out, many bugs in the sorting feature are fixed, there are a new sort menu, and revamped menu systems with nice glyphs. New options for gallery backgrounds and an option to sort "by System" for multi-system romlists which is something you can't usually do in Attract Mode ;D

Keep me updated if you find some bugs, and enjoy the new version!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:43:30 AM by zpaolo11x »

tigers

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 21, 2019, 12:49:42 AM »

p.s. lavoro discretamente con Photoshop, se ti piace lo sfondo con bezel o hai altre richieste (es. pulsanti o alto), fammi sapere. Ciao e Grazie

La visualizzazione dei comandi dovrebbe essere di serie, le scorciatoie sono comode ma difficili da ricordare e non sempre l'emulatore lo uso io che magari le posso ricordare.
Puoi condividere la tua immagine coi comandi?

Commands layout should be there by default, the shortcuts are hard to remember and I'm not always the one using the emulator.
Could you share your backgrond?

tigers

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 21, 2019, 12:53:22 AM »
Hi, attract mode looks great to me, but I'm having problems only with this theme, that otherwise I like very much.
Even after activating the low-end machine option it's quite slow and unresponsive, and the screenshots take ages to load (I have to wait even 30 seconds just to see the game I currently selected, I think I never saw the non selected ones with screenshots...).
The PC is not very fast but it's a AMD E6750 dual core with a ATI 2600 HD, and every Attract Mode Theme is very fast and works perfectly apart from this one.
Is there something I have to setup?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #594 on: September 21, 2019, 01:32:08 AM »
Commands layout should be there by default, the shortcuts are hard to remember and I'm not always the one using the emulator.

I don't like shortcuts myself, actually shortcut compatibility was added to Arcadeflow only in later releases. That's the reason why I developed the contextual menu, that pops up when you press "enter" and gives you a lot of option, and the multi-functional scrollbar that can be used both for next/prev "page" jumps and for next/prev "letter". The only element of Arcadeflow that's a bit hidden is the utility menu you engage when going up, but overall the idea behind the theme was that just using a joystick and a single button you could use all the features of the theme.
A "sticky" overlay is a bit too much for most users, maybe I'll come up with something subtler like hints and popups help for the first run... but I like my layout cleaner :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #595 on: September 21, 2019, 01:57:29 AM »
Even after activating the low-end machine option it's quite slow and unresponsive, and the screenshots take ages to load (I have to wait even 30 seconds just to see the game I currently selected, I think I never saw the non selected ones with screenshots...).

I'm sorry AF runs so slow on your machine, from what I can see, it seems that the "culprit" here is the graphics card. I run my test rig on an Intel Iris 5100 that has a gpumark of around 700, Arcadeflow runs at about 25 to 30 fps there, so not at the top speed, and your card seems to have a gpumark around 300, which is even lower.

Sadly even in low-spec mode Arcadeflow uses a lot of GLSL shaders, the only thing you can try is setting in arcadeflow options a custom resolution that's lower than your screen resolution, like 640x360 (for 16:9 screens) or similar, this should improve a bit.

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 21, 2019, 01:59:43 AM »

La visualizzazione dei comandi dovrebbe essere di serie, le scorciatoie sono comode ma difficili da ricordare e non sempre l'emulatore lo uso io che magari le posso ricordare.
Puoi condividere la tua immagine coi comandi?

Could you share your backgrond?

Certo. Preparo 2-3 sfondi sia per il main screen che per l'history (1920x1080). In lingua inglese. Se hai preferenze sui colori per stick o pulsanti fammi sapere.

Sure. I create 2-3 backgrounds for both the main screen and the history.

tigers

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 21, 2019, 09:09:46 AM »

I'm sorry AF runs so slow on your machine, from what I can see, it seems that the "culprit" here is the graphics card. I run my test rig on an Intel Iris 5100 that has a gpumark of around 700, Arcadeflow runs at about 25 to 30 fps there, so not at the top speed, and your card seems to have a gpumark around 300, which is even lower.

Sadly even in low-spec mode Arcadeflow uses a lot of GLSL shaders, the only thing you can try is setting in arcadeflow options a custom resolution that's lower than your screen resolution, like 640x360 (for 16:9 screens) or similar, this should improve a bit.
I modified the resolution and it helped, much smoother now. Still didn't fix my main problem: I can see only one screenshot at a time, from the currently selected game. As soon as I select another one it slowly fades and I see only the one selected. Is this expected behaviour?

EDIT: my bad, I had somehow selected Box-art mode (and I don't have any boxart)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:46:00 PM by tigers »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 21, 2019, 09:22:23 AM »
Starting to test version 5.6 :)

Got a bug when starting AM and using AF as Display menu. At the beginning you see it like in the print attached. Only when you scroll a while for left or right you get the menu and pictures to show normal.

From the log attached I guess the "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED [the index '-1' does not exist]" messages could be related.

Will try next to see if there's issues on the games menus with the new version (still have there version 5.4).

Cheers. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #599 on: September 22, 2019, 01:24:30 AM »
Starting to test version 5.6 :)

Could I release a new version without breaking the displays menu mode? Of course not :D Please try the attached layout.nut, it should fix the issue you see when starting in displays menu mode.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:30:05 AM by zpaolo11x »