Author Topic: Organizing  (Read 1880 times)

skellington

• View Profile
Organizing
« on: December 31, 2020, 04:57:56 PM »
(this is probably a bad question) How do you guys organize Attract Mode.I'm getting a 1TB m.2 SSD and a 12TB hard drive. I have a huge library of games but I'm having a hard time getting organized. My main idea was to place installs windows + all emulators in the SSD and leave the roms and media for the hard drive. Is this a good idea should I organize it differently I want some options of how to organize it better. Which files should go in the SSD?

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: Organizing
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 07:27:05 AM »
1. AM and all related media (snaps, vids etc) should go in SSD.
2. I don't think any emulators benefit from SSD (maybe cemu and rcps3) so emulators and roms should go to HDD.
3. Some win games benefit from SSD most don't so you will have to check.

OS should be the first thing on SSD, the improvement is amazing.

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
Re: Organizing
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 05:40:49 PM »
I put a very high volume of small files on the SSD in my laptop and it repeatedly had very serious problems due to running without enough empty space. I haven't changed how I use it, but I leave a larger empty buffer to minimize the problems. As long as I leave a larger buffer its fine. When I bought the laptop I didn't realize it had the SSD. It functioned so poorly I thought it was a physical drive with a failure. Turns out it was just too full.