Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548384 times)

Damon-HP

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.3 [Release] Updated 09 November 2020
« Reply #1185 on: November 09, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »
I confirm, it is practically perfect. Congratulations, one of the most beautiful themes of Attract Mode.  ;) :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1186 on: November 10, 2020, 05:30:40 AM »
Thank you all for the positive feedback, but everything is _not_ perfect: I just found out a stupid "copy & paste" bug related to the next/prev letter hotkey jump routine (maybe no one is using this feature :D ) That'll be fixed soon, and in the meantime I'll add a "Jump to" menu to jump to letters, something I "borrowed" from EmulationStation ;D
I'm also thinking about a great menu overhaul for 9.4 or 9.5...

Jontox

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.9 [Release] Updated 25 September 2020
« Reply #1187 on: November 11, 2020, 07:49:46 AM »
I wanted to give my feedback, on the modification hereunder based on 9.3 which is already out (impressive work!).

- Setting to turn off logo Arcadeflow from the screensaver is working. That is Great for all CRT users
- Autoupdate is working like a charm... that is awesome !
- I tested the attached layout.nut, that improved a little bit, but then try the videosnaps from progettosnaps on original layout.nut and it was even better. So let's forget emumovies HD videosnaps.

I now do understand that for Mame roms set which all have their proper resolutions, this is not a perfect solution.
Base on your explanation you do take a number of row up and down which ever the rom (game) resolution is and zooming to fill in the screen ?
That's why some rom (game) are more recognizable than others based on the frontend resolution.

Why not take into account the information stated in the resolution.ini for example here attached (This is from category.ini also from progettosnaps).
It would allow you to find out the proper resolution for each rom/game.
Would that allow you to adapt the screensaver resolution of Arcadeflow ?

Thanks again

Cool, I got my mame videos from here: http://www.progettosnaps.net/videosnaps/ and they are at the correct pixel resolution with correct display aspect ratio, but since you have pixel perfect snaps I can fix the layout to make it work with your videos ;)

That sounds like music to my ears, thanks a lot !

If you want to beta-test the feature, you can try with this attached layout: just put it inside your Arcadeflow folder. But before doing that make a copy of the current layout.nut just in case.
This version should use the static snap resolution to set the video resolution so you should be able to see a bit more of your video :)
If you want to see even more, look for the line:

scanrows = 180.0

and increase it, be careful though that if a game has less than the lines you put there, it will look pretty bad.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 07:56:33 AM by Jontox »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.9 [Release] Updated 25 September 2020
« Reply #1188 on: November 12, 2020, 12:21:33 AM »
I now do understand that for Mame roms set which all have their proper resolutions, this is not a perfect solution.
Base on your explanation you do take a number of row up and down which ever the rom (game) resolution is and zooming to fill in the screen ?
That's why some rom (game) are more recognizable than others based on the frontend resolution.

Yes, that's more or less the point. Arcadeflow selects a certain number of rows so that all games look "similar" during screensaver, and the CRT filter effects look good. But if a game has an higher resolution you'll see less of the screen during screensaver. Another issue is that for vertical games the selected rows are still horizontal, so they will look a bit different (probably less zoomed out).

Why not take into account the information stated in the resolution.ini for example here attached (This is from category.ini also from progettosnaps).
It would allow you to find out the proper resolution for each rom/game.
Would that allow you to adapt the screensaver resolution of Arcadeflow ?

Good suggestion, I could implement a parsing routine like the one that gets ratings and series data, of course this would work only for MAME but MAME is also the only one that has this wide resolution changes.

At the moment Arcadeflow gets the resolution from a static snap, static snaps are usually at the proper pixel resolution, so it should work much better for MAME, but I'll look into implementing the resolution.ini parsing.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 12, 2020, 10:29:45 AM »
Something crazy for the future. I'm in the process of checking manufacturer logos missing (just noticed Shiny Entertainment, for example) and will try to compile later a list for you. ;D ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1190 on: November 12, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
Something crazy for the future. I'm in the process of checking manufacturer logos missing (just noticed Shiny Entertainment, for example) and will try to compile later a list for you. ;D ;)

Oh there are lots of logos missing: I used hyperlists as a reference but if I scrape my nointro romsets there are many more games and many more manufactuers... so yes feel free to compile a list! I'll do my best to add them :D

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 12, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »

Oh there are lots of logos missing: I used hyperlists as a reference but if I scrape my nointro romsets there are many more games and many more manufactuers... so yes feel free to compile a list! I'll do my best to add them :D

Yeah I'm just going to what I have here and noticed just scrolling by luck that Shiny logo was missing on Earthworm Jim games. So OCD kicked in and thought why not going through all systems setup in AF and see what more could be missing. :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1192 on: November 13, 2020, 01:28:06 AM »
Yeah I'm just going to what I have here and noticed just scrolling by luck that Shiny logo was missing on Earthworm Jim games. So OCD kicked in and thought why not going through all systems setup in AF and see what more could be missing. :D

Hmm I could build a custom layout.nut that lists all the manufacturers that are not present in the data file... I think I already did something like that in the past. That would be much faster ;D
Also, the problem is that some romlists use "developers", other use "publishers" that may be the reason of some important "manufacturers" missing...

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 13, 2020, 01:57:09 AM »

Hmm I could build a custom layout.nut that lists all the manufacturers that are not present in the data file... I think I already did something like that in the past. That would be much faster ;D
Also, the problem is that some romlists use "developers", other use "publishers" that may be the reason of some important "manufacturers" missing...

Ah yes, that could speed things a lot for sure. :D

Yep, very true regarding the romlists. Not easy to have consistency. Then on some regions the developer is also the manufacturer, then on others other company released the games and so on. I will probably take note only of certain "important" names and check and edit the romlists where the name of the publisher was swapped to developer.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1194 on: November 17, 2020, 10:43:28 PM »
Sneak peek: AF 9.4 is getting close to the release date, and the new menu system is the main improvement :)

Jontox

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 20, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
teasing :)

That looks promising...

In the coming months, I will receive and test my configuration with attractmode and Arcadeflow in an arcade machine
I will for sure propose some improvement if suitable, for all CRT 15 kHz users...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1196 on: November 20, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »
In the coming months, I will receive and test my configuration with attractmode and Arcadeflow in an arcade machine
I will for sure propose some improvement if suitable, for all CRT 15 kHz users...

Fantastic, I'll be glad to listen to your suggestion, and I'll help you to configure Arcadeflow for the CRT, there are so many options that you might miss something useful :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1197 on: November 24, 2020, 06:09:09 AM »
I have created a Discord server to discuss Arcadeflow issues, suggestions etc, since sometimes it's quite difficult to interact here, and this thread is getting larger and larger, if you want you can reach me on this server:

https://discord.gg/kPnwXjGhvs

crawlingpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 27, 2020, 07:30:52 AM »
Just wanted to say a huge thanks for all the continued updates on this amazing theme!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.4 [Release] Updated 27 November 2020
« Reply #1199 on: November 27, 2020, 07:49:16 AM »
Thank you guys for all your support here and on Discord, good news: Arcadeflow 9.4 is out!

This version brings a new menu system with different look and visible highlights for selected options. There are some bug fixes here and there, new systems and manufacturers logos and new fade routines.

If you find any bugs, please let me know here or on discord, but most of all, enjoy the new release :D