Author Topic: error on startup  (Read 2140 times)

VanZan

• View Profile
error on startup
« on: January 08, 2020, 01:24:39 PM »
I obtained a pre-made arcade image. It had a number of errors at startup (shutdown.py, intro videos missing) which I've solved. The last one is this:

non-compatible attract.cfg file found, does not contan the menu identifier
Run the AM System Configuration utility to restore the attract.cfg file with proper identifier

I can't find a AM System Configuration entry in the menu. There is a py file in the "attractmodemenu" folder.....it's either disabled/missing in Attract Mode or not under the name "AM System Configuration". Can someone help please? I'm also not sure whether running it will change the attract mode setup. Maybe I should leave it alone?

VanZan

• View Profile
Re: error on startup
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 01:42:52 PM »
OK I launched the AM Sys Config utility from the command line. Unfortunately there was no backup to restore. How do I fix this menu identifier problem please? Thank you!

brat boy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 01:25:52 PM »
Did you get a fix to this, I am getting the same errors you are experiencing, also please advise how you fixed theses "shutdown.py, intro videos missing"

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 09:15:35 PM »
Did you get a fix to this, I am getting the same errors you are experiencing, also please advise how you fixed theses "shutdown.py, intro videos missing"

This is the crap you get with premade images from who knows. Check attract.cfg for intro and a shutdown script to run.