Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548507 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.6 [Release] Updated 4 May 2020
« Reply #885 on: May 04, 2020, 08:25:00 AM »
Arcadeflow 7.6 is out!

Featuring the first incarnation of the "Multifilter", allowing you to filter your romlist using different fields (like Year, Category, Manufacturer etc) and getting the filtered romlist in realtime, no search involved, no need to define Attract Mode filters for this.

This will evolve in something even better in 7.7 with a more compact menu and more filtering categories, but I wanted to release it to test your feedback and get your invaluable bug reports ;)

Enjoy!

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 08, 2020, 05:56:42 AM »
ArcadeFlow 76 on my cab works perfectly ! Thanks !  ;D

pilou75

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 08, 2020, 07:32:57 AM »
Hello, i upgraded my 7.5 version to 7.6.
It works fine.
Great work. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.7 [Release] Updated 11 May 2020
« Reply #888 on: May 11, 2020, 10:51:57 AM »
Arcadeflow 7.7 is out!

I worked mostly on the multifilter because, honestly, I LOVE this new feature :D The new version of the multifilter is much better, the menu is more clear, aesthetically it's more pleasing and is also saved between sessions.

The only negative aspect is that I had to cut some of the code I put to reduce slowdowns when sorting large romlists, I'm sorry, I don't know if I'll be able to add it again so right now if you have 20'000 or more games in a romlist you might experience delays when loading the layout or adding/removing favourites.

Other than that I think this is a great improvement over the latest version, so enjoy!

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 12, 2020, 02:01:31 AM »
Thanks for adding so much cool stuff :D

I have an other problem with ArcadeFlow :
 - I've set an exit command in AM (to shutdown my computer/arcade cabinet when I quit) but it seems that ArcadeFlow doesn't pay any attention to this command. Have you tried to put one in yours and does it work ?
 - Or maybe you can add an option to add the choice to add a new menu entry to shutdown the computer ? Especially useful for ones who have an arcade cabinet and doesn't want to use a keyboard or moues to shut it down ? :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #890 on: May 12, 2020, 02:34:32 AM »

I have an other problem with ArcadeFlow :
 - I've set an exit command in AM (to shutdown my computer/arcade cabinet when I quit) but it seems that ArcadeFlow doesn't pay any attention to this command. Have you tried to put one in yours and does it work ?
 - Or maybe you can add an option to add the choice to add a new menu entry to shutdown the computer ? Especially useful for ones who have an arcade cabinet and doesn't want to use a keyboard or moues to shut it down ? :)

Interesting... it seems that the "exit command" is executed after the choice to exit the layout. Everything works fine if the layout uses the default overlay menu to do this, but Arcadeflow has its own exit menu, and uses fe.signal(exit_to_desktop) to leave the layout. I'll see if there's a way to overcome this. Stay tuned ;)

Oh, what is exactly the command you use to shutdown?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 02:44:07 AM by zpaolo11x »

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 12, 2020, 05:43:10 AM »
I'm using what is given here : http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=506.0

shutdown -s -t 00

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #892 on: May 12, 2020, 06:30:13 AM »
I'm using what is given here : http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=506.0

shutdown -s -t 00

I made some changes to Arcadeflow so it should run the command when you exit, you can check with this beta layout, just put it into Arcadeflow 7.7 folder... Let me know if it fixes the issue.

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 12, 2020, 09:50:07 AM »
The fix is working ;)

PSOGene

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 16, 2020, 09:36:16 PM »
 :o omg we now at version 7.7, time to test and try it out :o

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #895 on: May 17, 2020, 01:06:15 AM »
:o omg we now at version 7.7, time to test and try it out :o

Maybe the versioning is a bit misleading, I increase point version at every release and major version every 10 dot versions... yet the latest revisions added the "Multifilter" which is a neat feature you should try ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.8 [Release] Updated 19 May 2020
« Reply #896 on: May 19, 2020, 02:03:44 AM »
Arcadeflow 7.8 is out!

Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes and some new features for the history page that's more informative now even if you are using overview data.

Oh I was able to publish a short video on youtube, more will follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevEcEoK--Q

Enjoy!

Yaron2019

« Reply #897 on: May 20, 2020, 11:47:35 PM »
Arcadeflow 7.8 is out!

Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes and some new features for the history page that's more informative now even if you are using overview data.

Oh I was able to publish a short video on youtube, more will follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevEcEoK--Q

Enjoy!

I bet this is the most sophisticated, feature rich theme available on any front end, not just attract mode. Amazing work.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #898 on: May 21, 2020, 12:35:30 AM »
I bet this is the most sophisticated, feature rich theme available on any front end, not just attract mode. Amazing work.

Thank you! It's great to see people appreciate this work :) Honestly the user interface of Arcadeflow is getting a bit confusing, I'm thinking of some changes but I'm not even sure what to do :D Before that, I'm also investigating some new features for users with a keyboard, like instant multi-field search when you start typing something, or instant jump on the sorted lists.

Yaron2019

« Reply #899 on: May 21, 2020, 01:09:12 AM »
Thank you! It's great to see people appreciate this work :) Honestly the user interface of Arcadeflow is getting a bit confusing, I'm thinking of some changes but I'm not even sure what to do :D Before that, I'm also investigating some new features for users with a keyboard, like instant multi-field search when you start typing something, or instant jump on the sorted lists.

Everything can be improved and bug fixed forever, especially software, but I don't think that Arcadeflow is confusing. The multitude of options, settings, data and the smooth execution are what makes Arcadeflow a 'Power user-Theme' or a 'Power-Theme' and this is exactly what front end "power users" are seeking.
At the end of the day, it is what it is and it's doing it superbly!

That being said, if you feel that things are getting complicated, it's a good idea to take a step back from development and just use AF, without changing anything, for a week or two. Temporarily go user side 100%. This will give you a broad view of the current situation, let your mind time to evaluate and process ideas for version 8.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:21:46 AM by Yaron2019 »