Author Topic: Duplicate Entries - Filter Grid Layout  (Read 2398 times)

PrettyPrincess

• View Profile
Duplicate Entries - Filter Grid Layout
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:22:59 PM »
Hello,

Currently, I'm using the layout Filter Grid. It's very pretty since I can use tags and organize all my games into specific genres. I have several genres like Puzzle, Run and Gun, Fighting, Sports, Beat'em Up, Puzzle and lastly, Other. Other contains all my non-tag games.

While using this layout, I've noticed duplicate names for games that include CHD folders. For example (this is completely made up), Kitty Farts would have the name:

kittyf
Kitty Farts: Championship Edition

I can easily hide the kittyf name by using a "Quarantine Tag". However, I can't organize the name, Kitty Farts: Championship Edition, into the Fighting genre. The tag just disappears once I exit AttractMode and it's put back into the Other genre.

Any advice on what I could do to keep the nice name, with the correct tag? The remaining games, without any CHD folders, are just fine.  :'(

PrettyPrincess

• View Profile
Re: Duplicate Entries - Filter Grid Layout
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:39:39 PM »
Hello Again,

I found the solution! I just modified the mame.ini file and added a separate directory for the CHD folders. Now, the layout Filter Grid displays a list of correctly named games.   ;D