Author Topic: Ultimarc Ipac 4 not being recognized  (Read 1828 times)

AdmiralSnackbar

• View Profile
Ultimarc Ipac 4 not being recognized
« on: January 15, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
Hey everyone,

I've recently decided to convert my MAME arcade to run off of a raspberry pi using attract mode. But I cant seem to get the pi to recognize the Ipac, it just recognizes the keyboard. The other day I was able to get the Ipac to recognize for a short while but it's not working at all. When it was working it, it was because I didn't have my keyboard connected. Do I need to update a driver or anything? I tried editing the retroarch.cfg file to the buttons associated to my arcade stick but still no luck. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimarc Ipac 4 not being recognized
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »
Is your ipac configured as a keyboard encoder? I know they released a gamepad firmware. Maybe they are shipping it with gamepad firmware. Try refreshing with keyboard firmware. Let me know how you make out.

AdmiralSnackbar

• View Profile
Re: Ultimarc Ipac 4 not being recognized
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:19:19 PM »
So I think perhaps the PS2 to USB cord is going bad or something. I connected the PS2 to USB to a USB extender and the extender into the pi. That seemed to have worked, but if I connect a PS2 to USB straight into the pi it doesn't recognize the Ipac. This tells me the USB end of that cord might have been damaged or bent in some way. Well anyways, I can definitely live with that. The addition of the extender allows the Ipac to work as intended. Thanks for your help!