Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548018 times)

Dexther

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.3 [Release] Updated 30 June 2020
« Reply #975 on: July 06, 2020, 06:22:38 AM »
i like !

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #976 on: July 07, 2020, 02:13:17 AM »
but I wanted to see how it works with 1 single normal line and I think that maybe the images are too big and it's very close to the scroll bar ... Maybe once it could be reduced a little, what do you think?

Hmm you know, I really like those gigantic 1-row thumbnails :D but it's true they are a bit overwhelming, and also cover up a bit of the scrollbar. It would be fairly easy to reduce the size of the "zoomed" thumb, a bit more difficult for the "non zoomed" ones. I'll play with the settings and see if I can find a good compromise...

In the meantime, if you dare, you can change the zoom ratio yourself ;D look for this line in the code

Code: [Select]
local selectorscale = (rows == 1 ? (vertical ? 1.15 : 1.45) : ((prf.SCROLLERTYPE == "labellist") ? 1.4 : 1.5) )

selectorscale is the target zoom ratio of the current thumbnail. To translate my obscure variable system, if there's a single row in the layout, scale is 1.45 (in an horizontal layout like yours), otherwise, if the scrollbar is with labels it's 1.4, while the "default" is 1.5. Try to play with this number, puttins like 1.3 instead of 1.45 and see what happens.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #977 on: July 07, 2020, 02:17:42 AM »
I feel that the videos take too long to start playing,

I can add an option to reduce it by half or something like that. At the moment, the delay is used to prevent the video from being loaded while scrolling through the list of games. Maybe I can find a better way to implement this (like load the video only when you stop scrolling) who knows why I didn't make it like that in the beginning :D

BTW, stay tuned for the delay reduction in the next release ;D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #978 on: July 07, 2020, 02:58:08 AM »
Thank you that worked but one more question. How do I make it so on name games the wheel doesn't show? It takes up to much of the video preview box or can I move the wheels a little?

There will be an option for that in 8.4 :)

hedergim

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 07, 2020, 06:17:15 AM »

Videos take a long time to play,

Any solution for videos to play faster?

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 07, 2020, 10:10:52 AM »
but I wanted to see how it works with 1 single normal line and I think that maybe the images are too big and it's very close to the scroll bar ... Maybe once it could be reduced a little, what do you think?

Hmm you know, I really like those gigantic 1-row thumbnails :D but it's true they are a bit overwhelming, and also cover up a bit of the scrollbar. It would be fairly easy to reduce the size of the "zoomed" thumb, a bit more difficult for the "non zoomed" ones. I'll play with the settings and see if I can find a good compromise...

In the meantime, if you dare, you can change the zoom ratio yourself ;D look for this line in the code

local selectorscale = (rows == 1 ? (vertical ? 1.15 : 1.45) : ((prf.SCROLLERTYPE == "labellist") ? 1.4 : 1.5) )

selectorscale is the target zoom ratio of the current thumbnail. To translate my obscure variable system, if there's a single row in the layout, scale is 1.45 (in an horizontal layout like yours), otherwise, if the scrollbar is with labels it's 1.4, while the "default" is 1.5. Try to play with this number, puttins like 1.3 instead of 1.45 and see what happens.

I've tried on 1.4, and I think shifting the row up a bit I think would be enough. It's possible?
Taking as reference the image brightness I think that there is not the same distance between the image and the text above and below

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #981 on: July 08, 2020, 12:38:51 AM »
I've tried on 1.4, and I think shifting the row up a bit I think would be enough. It's possible?
Taking as reference the image brightness I think that there is not the same distance between the image and the text above and below

You know, I'm looking deep into this issue and I can't figure out if everything is correct or not, but sure it seems artwork is not centered vertically in the "text free" area... I'll keep checking this old part of the code until my head burns out.

In the meantime, you can go in this section of the code:

local header = {
h = (prf.LOWRES ? 260*scalerate : 200*scalerate ) // content
h2 = (prf.LOWRES ? 330*scalerate : (((rows == 1) && (!prf.SLIMLINE))? 250*scalerate : 200*scalerate)) //spacer
}
local footer = {
h = (prf.LOWRES ? 150*scalerate : 100*scalerate ) // content
h2 = (prf.LOWRES ? 150*scalerate : (((rows == 1) && (!prf.SLIMLINE)) ? 150*scalerate : 100*scalerate)) //spacer
}

It's pretty complicated but for your point, you just need to change the "//spacer" portions. Default header ratio is 200, default footer is 100, so if you want to shift cells up just reduce header and increase footer. In the meantime I'll figure our if everything is fine or not...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #982 on: July 08, 2020, 02:48:05 AM »

Well there was a bug after all! Two routines that applied the same correction to tile position resulted in tiles being too low, look at the attachment for "1 row" layout: the intended design (right) has no overlap on the title and on the scrollbar. Going to fix this in 8.4

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 08, 2020, 03:44:47 AM »
Thanks!  ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #984 on: July 08, 2020, 08:46:24 AM »
Thanks!  ;)

Thanks to you! I found the bug originated around version 4.5! It completely went under my radar (it is very subtle though, just a slight positioning of the tiles by 8 pixel on a 1280x800 display :D )

hedergim

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 08, 2020, 04:43:23 PM »
Thanks!  ;)

Thanks to you! I found the bug originated around version 4.5! It completely went under my radar (it is very subtle though, just a slight positioning of the tiles by 8 pixel on a 1280x800 display :D )

The videos in this layout should run in the original format of the video, and not in the format of the Flyer.

in addition, videos take a long time to start, they should be faster,

can you solve this in the next version?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #986 on: July 09, 2020, 01:46:43 AM »
The videos in this layout should run in the original format of the video, and not in the format of the Flyer.

This won't probably ever happen, sorry. That would require a lot of rewriting and changes in the code. Plus I'm not sure it will look good.

in addition, videos take a long time to start, they should be faster,

I know, as already mentioned, next version will add an option to reduce video load delay.

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 09, 2020, 03:34:37 AM »

This won't probably ever happen, sorry. That would require a lot of rewriting and changes in the code. Plus I'm not sure it will look good.

It's the sole bothersome thing that's left for me now.

I really really love how it's done in "Ambience HD' in that  thumbs transform into proper video ratio, wouldn't it be possible to borrow that code?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #988 on: July 09, 2020, 05:43:13 AM »
It's the sole bothersome thing that's left for me now.

I really really love how it's done in "Ambience HD' in that  thumbs transform into proper video ratio, wouldn't it be possible to borrow that code?

Ambiance HD turns a cropped square thumbnail in the proper aspect ratio, but this is done with snaps, not flyers. I can see how that might look good, it's a bit more difficult for me to imagine a vertical flyer or box art that transforms in a 4:3 gameplay video without looking weird.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.4 [Release] Updated 13 July 2020
« Reply #989 on: July 13, 2020, 06:31:03 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.4 is out!

Bug fixes, some tweaks to the tiles appearance, and new option to stretch backgrounds and to remove the game title over the artwork completely. Also, new options to reduce the delay before loading videos, set it to 0.25x and it's almost immediate without slowing down the scrolling.

Enjoy!