Author Topic: Q. Emulator RPCS3 Playstation 3  (Read 7564 times)

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
Q. Emulator RPCS3 Playstation 3
« on: September 22, 2020, 03:58:04 PM »
Hello everyone, I've been looking here on the forum for arguments for playstation 3 games on attractmode but I haven't found anything about it, the doubt is anyone would have the arguments to make available?

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Q. Emulator RPCS3 Playstation 3
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 12:43:03 AM »
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 11:52:23 AM »
Hello everyone, I've been looking here on the forum for arguments for playstation 3 games on attractmode but I haven't found anything about it, the doubt is anyone would have the arguments to make available?

Create a separate directory "Links" in rom folder. Create links for each game's EBOOT.BIN, it exists in [name]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN and place them in the \Links

Links is just example, name it anything you want. You can also create a direct command in "args" by using [name]\USRDIR\EBOOT but I am not sure if it would work with non disc items and disc items with updates. Use the following in emulator.cfg >

Code: [Select]
executable          Path\to\rpcs3.exe
args                 "[romfilename]"
rompath              Path\To\Roms\Links\
romext               .lnk

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 02:15:21 PM »

Create a separate directory "Links" in rom folder. Create links for each game's EBOOT.BIN, it exists in [name]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN and place them in the \Links

Links is just example, name it anything you want. You can also create a direct command in "args" by using [name]\USRDIR\EBOOT but I am not sure if it would work with non disc items and disc items with updates. Use the following in emulator.cfg >

executable          Path\to\rpcs3.exe
args                 "[romfilename]"
rompath              Path\To\Roms\Links\
romext               .lnk

did not work
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 04:56:30 PM by arthurvalenca »

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 05:57:46 AM »
Working on my end. Try running this code in cmd from rpcs3 directory (if roms are in d:\ps3\roms and u have demon souls in there).

rpcs3 "D:\ps3\roms\Demon Souls\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN".

Make sure directory/ filename is correct. Since no central database for ps3 yet, it might be eboot.bin or EBOOT.bin or EBOOT.BIN.

Ignore that ^ just checked and rpcs3 does not support .lnk (must have mistaken it with some other em, sorry).

You should make alternate emulator entries for each item since the game ID will be different and one argument won't work on other titles. In am/romlists create a new folder named exactly as the emulator.cfg for sony ps3 (lest say its sony_ps3) in that folder create a cfg file for each game you have in collection. Only create a single entry for arg:

args                 "Absolute\Path\to\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN"'

Edit emultaor.cfg for ps3 and use replace .lnk in romext with .bin.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:15:40 AM by rand0m »

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 12:33:24 PM »
Working on my end. Try running this code in cmd from rpcs3 directory (if roms are in d:\ps3\roms and u have demon souls in there).

Make sure directory/ filename is correct. Since no central database for ps3 yet, it might be eboot.bin or EBOOT.bin or EBOOT.BIN.

Ignore that ^ just checked and rpcs3 does not support .lnk (must have mistaken it with some other em, sorry).

You should make alternate emulator entries for each item since the game ID will be different and one argument won't work on other titles. In am/romlists create a new folder named exactly as the emulator.cfg for sony ps3 (lest say its sony_ps3) in that folder create a cfg file for each game you have in collection. Only create a single entry for arg:

@echo off

"D:\AM-2.6.1\Emulators\PS3 Emulator\rpcs3.exe" "D:\AM-2.6.1\Games\Sony Playstation 3\Alone in the Dark Inferno BLUS30232\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN"

Work, but....

this command does not close the game, would you have any alternative for that?

hermine.potter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 02:08:57 AM »
>taskkill of emulator task:

via external software (like autoit): Here

or

via NUT script:
Here
Here

or

>change complete emulator settings (instead using command line).

the folder structure seems always be the same:
YourGame123\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
YourGameABC\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

use gamefolder as "romfilename"

This should do it (untested):
executable           C:\attract\EMU\PS3\rpcs3.exe
args                 C:\attract\EMU\PS3\ROMS\[name]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
rompath              C:\attract\EMU\PS3\ROMS
romext               <DIR>
system               Sony Playstation 3
info_source          thegamesdb.net
exit_hotkey          Escape
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 05:06:56 AM »
>taskkill of emulator task:

via external software (like autoit): Here

or

via NUT script:
Here
Here

or

>change complete emulator settings (instead using command line).

the folder structure seems always be the same:
YourGame123\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
YourGameABC\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

use gamefolder as "romfilename"

This should do it (untested):
executable           C:\attract\EMU\PS3\rpcs3.exe
args                 C:\attract\EMU\PS3\ROMS\[name]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
rompath              C:\attract\EMU\PS3\ROMS
romext               <DIR>
system               Sony Playstation 3
info_source          thegamesdb.net
exit_hotkey          Escape

The command
taskkill /F /IM rpcs3.exehas no effect on the rpcs3.exe emulator, it does not kill the process, nor does it run directly at the command prompt giving the Access denied message, as the last alternative I will try a combination in ALT + F4 JoyToKey and put the result here .

PS:
I mapped the joyToKey to when I press Select + Start it would do the ALT + F4 function I left the JoyToKey open I started the emulator I pressed the two buttons on my control and nothing happened, it seems that when it starts this emulator it overlaps over all programs that when it is open it does not let anything run, this also happened with scripts in autoit the script remains open but when the key is pressed to close the emulator nothing happens, after clicking on the desktop with the mouse and running the script it correctly closes the game.

Autoit Scripts Send ALT+F4:
HotKeySet("{esc}","fechar")
ShellExecute("D:\AM-2.6.1\Emuladores\PS3 Emulator\rpcs3.exe", '"D:\AM-2.6.1\Games\Sony Playstation 3\Alone in the Dark Inferno BLUS30232\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN" ', "open")

while 1
sleep (100)
Wend

Func fechar()
Local $fechar,$fechar2
$fechar = processExists("rpcs3.exe")
   if $fechar then
        processClose($fechar)
          Send("!{f4}")
EndIf

Exit
  EndFunc

would anyone else have any ideas for this emulator?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:23:09 AM by arthurvalenca »

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 09:36:50 AM »

@echo off

"D:\AM-2.6.1\Emulators\PS3 Emulator\rpcs3.exe" "D:\AM-2.6.1\Games\Sony Playstation 3\Alone in the Dark Inferno BLUS30232\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN"

Work, but....

this command does not close the game, would you have any alternative for that?

I can close RPCS3 on my end by exit_hotkey. Make sure you have checked "Exit RPC3 when process finishes" in rpcs3 > configuration > emulator.