Author Topic: Attract-Mode for Android  (Read 5313 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
Attract-Mode for Android
« on: April 01, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
Will there be an Attract-Mode for Android someday?  :-[

The truth is that it would be nice to see Attract-Mode on a GPD XD Plus or on a JXD S192K... or not?  8)

Attract-Mode works on Linux, Android is Linux, the libraries that Attract-Mode uses, as far as i know, are available on Android...  ::)

So what is the problem?  :P
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

pecosdave

• View Profile
Re: Attract-Mode for Android
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 08:08:26 AM »
I compiled AttractMode from source (on video even) - if you want to compile it on Android go right ahead, no one is stopping you.

It might be a bit difficult if you want to stick with touch-screen.....

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »
I have compiled AM in macOS, High Sierra, and in Linux, in Lubuntu and in Raspbian, because i know something about it... and with the help of Keil and his tutorials...  :-[

In Windows i tried it, but i have not managed to compile it.  :(

But from android, i have no idea... The only thing i have android is an old tablet that i use to read comics and a GPD XD Plus, that i use exclusively for emulation, and that it would look great with AM, but in android not i know not where to start compiling...  :'(

And although the GPD Plus is also tactile, it has integrated controls, so it would not be essential.  8)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:37:16 AM by iOtero »

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 05:57:35 PM »
Hi there,

Some work has been done getting attractmode to work on android, here are compile directions from a while back:  https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/master/util/android/Readme.md

It’s pretty much unusable though, it will load to the config menu currently, but that is about it.  I doubt it can launch emulators or load custom layouts without more coding. So the problem is that there is no one to do the further development required at the moment.  contributions in ths regard are welcome of course!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 06:43:46 PM »
Can you install a debian based dirsto on your device? I know nothing about android devices.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 10:29:30 AM »
Can you install a debian based dirsto on your device? I know nothing about android devices.

Me neither.