Author Topic: Game Station Theme v2.6.3 (Support 4:3 & Wide Screen now)  (Read 104972 times)

Favdeacon

• View Profile
Re: Game Station Theme v2.6.3 (Support 4:3 & Wide Screen now)
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:56 AM »
In the matter of the error message you may want to search the whole layout.nut for other occurrences of unknown.png. I don't know, though, if you'll have to use the backslash on Windows, since I have Linux where the slash is the path divider. But all other paths in the layout.nut use the slash, so I don't really think that's the cause of the error.

As a workaround you could copy the file unknown.png from the folder "images" to the main folder of the theme (the one where the layout.nut resides).

However, the picture shows that the unknown.png is displayed correctly. The theme just don't seem to know or recognize the genre of the game(s). Maybe there's something wrong with the genre entries in your romlist. Did you include the catver.ini in the romlist? Please show us the line for brvblade from your romlist. Here's mine for comparison, note the genre "Shooter / Flying Vertical". My Game Station Theme shows the correct Shooter icon.

Code: [Select]
brvblade;Brave Blade (World);mame;;2000;Eighting / Raizing;Shooter / Flying Vertical;2P sim;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);imperfect;1;raster;coh1002m;;;
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:01:28 AM by Favdeacon »

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
Bro My romlist for Mame.

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra;Buttons
88games;'88 Games;Mame;;1988;Konami;;4;0;only_buttons,only_buttons,only_buttons,only_buttons;good;1;raster;;;;
005;005;Mame;;1981;Sega;;2;270;joystick (4-way),joystick (4-way);imperfect;1;raster;;;;
1on1gov;1 on 1 Government (Japan);Mame;;2000;Tecmo;;4;0;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);imperfect;1;raster;tps;;;
10yard;10-Yard Fight (World, set 1);Mame;;1983;Irem;;2;0;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;
gtmr;1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/07/18);Mame;;1994;Kaneko;;2;0;joystick (8-way),dial,paddle,joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;
progolf;18 Holes Pro Golf (set 1);Mame;;1981;Data East Corporation;;2;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);imperfect;1;raster;;;;
1941;1941: Counter Attack (World 900227);Mame;;1990;Capcom;;2;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;
1942;1942 (Revision B);Mame;;1984;Capcom;;2;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;
1943kai;1943 Kai: Midway Kaisen (Japan);Mame;;1987;Capcom;;2;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;
1943;1943: The Battle of Midway (Euro);Mame;;1987;Capcom;;2;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;
1944;1944: The Loop Master (USA 000620);Mame;;2000;Eighting / Raizing (Capcom license);;2;0;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;
1945kiii;1945k III (newer, OPCX2 PCB);Mame;;2000;Oriental Soft;;2;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;

Same line yours:
brvblade;Brave Blade (World);Mame;;2000;Eighting / Raizing;;4;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);imperfect;1;raster;tps;;;
You have a reason, in my romlist file missing some key words, I put your line in my romlist file and the result was that the image appeared, my doubt and how I will make for a new romlist to see the correct information, you know to say

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:37:23 PM by arthurvalenca »

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2017, 03:21:37 AM »
You have a reason, in my romlist file missing some key words, I put your line in my romlist file and the result was that the image appeared, my doubt and how I will make for a new romlist to see the correct information, you know to say

This is how I built my romlist, but it may have some Linux specific details you'll have to do a little bit different on Windows. For example, I use "/" as divider in path names, not "\" like in Windows. "AM" in path names means your Attract Mode config folder.
  • Rename AM/romlists/mame.txt to AM/romlists/mame.bak.
  • Make a mame.xml file with the command "mame -listxml > mame.xml". (May be "mame64.exe -listxml > mame.xml" in Windows.)
  • Search the web for the file catver.ini for your specific mame version (I don't know if the forum rules allow a link to it so I won't do that.) 
  • Put both mame.xml and catver.ini into your main mame folder.
  • Edit AM/emulators/mame.cfg and put the complete paths to mame.xml and catver.ini separated by a semicolon in the line "import_extras". Here's the line in my mame.cfg:
import_extras        $HOME/mame/mame.xml;$HOME/mame/catver.ini
  • Generate the romlist either with the menu command under "Emulators -> mame -> Generate Collection / ROM List" or with the command "attract -b mame"
  • Now you should have a new romlist AM/emulators/mame.txt with the game categories from catver.ini
If you have any problems, please search the forum for threads about building the romlist or open another thread for it in the "General" forum, because this has nothing to do with Game Station.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:25:55 AM by Favdeacon »

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2017, 09:06:18 AM »
Big Thanks Friend!!!!! work for my.

But I have another doubt, I would like to add more categories in layout.nut like for example:

"act": [ "action","platformer", "platform" ],
For me to add a new gender how should I proceed?
Since I had tried this way but there was no result:

"pad": [ "Ball & Paddle", "Breakout"] ---> for Arkanoid game, but not learn icon.

Some other genres can not be loaded either, for example:

"avg": [ "adventure" ],
"slg": [ "strategy"]
"rpg": [ "rpg", "role playing", "role-playing", "role playing game" ],

Could you help solve this problem?
Thanks!

Erg4zz4

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2017, 03:50:56 PM »
Game Station supported for 4:3 & Wide Screen now. Please download correct layout theme. It supports multi emulator purpose.

I would like to say thank you first to AM development team, liquid8d, version, omegaman, xbs, Bgoulette. They help me a lot for the new layout.

Preview Here: https://youtu.be/d8VyyXFjrpA

Change Log in new version:

1. Add layout mode option (default is simple)
Simple mode - for new user, display wheel logo and single back group color only, but color can be customized in option   
Expert mode - for advanced user, system, logo, wheel logo and back group color (each catalog each color) setup by layout.nut file manually

2. Add game list display option (listbox only, listbox + spin, spin only) (default is listbox + spin)
If you are using old machine, recommend using listbox only

3.Display logo by (wheel only, wheel + system, system only) (default is system only) 

4. Add CRT effect option for video screen (default is No)

5. Add Preserve aspect ratio of Flyer option (default is No)

6. Display spin by (snap,wheel) (default is snap)

7. Add animation effect

8. Add scrolling effect for display title   ->  It is not support this moment until liquid8d update a new scrolling module.

9. Layout improvement

Current download version  v2.6.3

sorry, but i can't fint the download, is the GamestationHD? it didn't work to me. Please can someone post me the link to download it? Thank you!

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »
Could you help solve this problem?

I'll look into it as soon as I have the time, stay tuned.

sorry, but i can't fint the download, is the GamestationHD? it didn't work to me. Please can someone post me the link to download it?

In this forum, you can only see download links and images when you're logged in. The links to Game Station HD and Game Station are right beneath their pictures 1.jpg and 2.jpg in the first post of this thread.

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2017, 04:13:36 AM »
Since I had tried this way but there was no result:

"pad": [ "Ball & Paddle", "Breakout"] ---> for Arkanoid game, but not learn icon.

That's because there is no images/pad.img. Try this and you'll see the act.png for "ball" games:

"act": [ "action","platformer", "platform", "ball" ],
Some other genres can not be loaded either, for example:

"avg": [ "adventure" ],
"slg": [ "strategy"]
"rpg": [ "rpg", "role playing", "role-playing", "role playing game" ],

Are there any games with these genres in your catver.ini? Not in mine. I suppose they are for other systems where those genres are more common, like consoles for example.

dylan1988

• "I love the power glove... It's soo bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2017, 05:24:35 AM »
Is there any way to hide the ROM information that is displayed at the very bottom-center of the screen?

I.e "MAME > All > 64th Street: A Detective Story |64street|"

It is very difficult to read on a CRT display, and detracts away from the the rest of the layout.

Cheers,

Dylan
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:29:32 AM by dylan1988 »

PoopyMcBumBum

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2017, 06:07:25 AM »
Sorry if this is a noob question, but how do you get the Number of Players to be accurate? For MAME I guess it gets that info from the .dat file.. Is it possible to have accurate number of players for all systems? Thanks!

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »
Is there any way to hide the ROM information that is displayed at the very bottom-center of the screen?

Find these lines in the layout.nut

local titleText = fe.add_text( "[DisplayName] > [FilterName] > [Title] [ [Name] ]", flx*0.06, fly*0.97, flw*0.7, flh*0.022  );
 titleText.alpha = 210;

and delete them or comment them out like this:

// local titleText = fe.add_text( "[DisplayName] > [FilterName] > [Title] [ [Name] ]", flx*0.06, fly*0.97, flw*0.7, flh*0.022  );
// titleText.alpha = 210;

Sorry if this is a noob question, but how do you get the Number of Players to be accurate? For MAME I guess it gets that info from the .dat file.. Is it possible to have accurate number of players for all systems? Thanks!

For MAME they come from the nplayers.ini mostly found in the "folders" subdirectory in your MAME directory. For other systems? I don't know. You should ask this in a seperate thread in the General forum here.

Neil

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2019, 12:24:13 PM »
I am new to Attract Mode and have been using the Game Station that came packaged with Attract Mode which seems a bit different (without the side screenshots). I play on a crt in 4:3 and my biggest problem with this awesome theme is that the videos are not displayed in 4:3 but are squished horizontally. Is there any way to force the videos to stay in proper resolution similarly to how one can force the flyers to stay in proper resolution? Even if this means getting black bars on the top and bottom of the videos I would gladly take that.

When I try on a widescreen display they display properly but not on 4:3 displays.

Secondly and less important is there any way to remove the logos that appear on the top? I favor simpler looks and would have loved for such a feature to be added in the options but since it's not I'd be open to learning to do it manually if someone can teach me how to.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:26:03 PM by Neil »