Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548348 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.5 [Release] Updated 28 May 2018
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »
Se puo esserti d'aiuto a me non visualizza correttamente il bordo bianco introrno alle snapshot, funziona solo per 4:3? Io ho provato su 16:9.

Rispondo al volo a questa, poi ritpondo all'altra parte del messaggio... Prova a ri-scaricare la versione 15, ho fatto una piccola modifica che dovrebbe correggere un problema con i bordi bianchi (li vedi solo in verticale, giusto?). Se non funziona, prova a scaricare la versione PI2 dal mio commento precedente e dimmi cosa si vede sugli screenshot dei giochi, c'è un testo di debug...

Ciao!

millercentral

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »
New version works GREAT when using hotkeys to rotate left or right, thank you! The only thing not yet working is when RotationControl plug in auto rotates the layout when returning from a game based on that games orientation. To repro:

• Enable the RotationControl plugin, and set it to Auto Rotate (I also disabled PreserveAspectRatio).
  • From a horizontal aspect ratio, launch a vertical game, then exit the game
  • AM comes back with the layout stretched vertically.

I'm no coder, but I assume adding a Transition.FromGame case in the transition callback would catch this edge case.

jtslade

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 09:05:49 AM »
Very Cool looking theme.

Runs slow in VirtualBox so I'm going to try on my Vertical cocktail Cab (Running Groovy Arcade 2017)

How can I enable being able to select games with left and right on the joystick? Right now only up and down works.

Also I have a Arcade CRT so it runs in 3:4 (Vertical) at like 320x240 resolution. Can I set only like two rows of games?

Thank you!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »

• Enable the RotationControl plugin, and set it to Auto Rotate (I also disabled PreserveAspectRatio).
  • From a horizontal aspect ratio, launch a vertical game, then exit the game
  • AM comes back with the layout stretched vertically.

I'm no coder, but I assume adding a Transition.FromGame case in the transition callback would catch this edge case.

I see and I was able to reproduce the issue, I think you are right: some routine to reload the theme if there's been a screen rotation after coming back from the game should do the trick. I'll check what can be done, or I can try and bypass the autorotation plugin completely but that would be a bit overkill :D

Giacomo1982

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »
Se puo esserti d'aiuto a me non visualizza correttamente il bordo bianco introrno alle snapshot, funziona solo per 4:3? Io ho provato su 16:9.

Rispondo al volo a questa, poi ritpondo all'altra parte del messaggio... Prova a ri-scaricare la versione 15, ho fatto una piccola modifica che dovrebbe correggere un problema con i bordi bianchi (li vedi solo in verticale, giusto?). Se non funziona, prova a scaricare la versione PI2 dal mio commento precedente e dimmi cosa si vede sugli screenshot dei giochi, c'è un testo di debug...

Ciao!

Niente is vedono ancora in verticale

Ti ho inviato i miei 3 theme nella mail dagli un occhio!!  ;)

STRIPE è praticamente al 99.9% devo aggiungere le descrizioni e le foto di qualche console
HUD anche questo 99% anche qui mi mancano le console
STRIPE_2 è quello in cui implementare il tuo bellissiimo carrier
grazie dell'aiuto!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:37:20 PM by Giacomo1982 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 05:16:09 AM »
How can I enable being able to select games with left and right on the joystick? Right now only up and down works.

Also I have a Arcade CRT so it runs in 3:4 (Vertical) at like 320x240 resolution. Can I set only like two rows of games?

When you run the theme on a vertical display it should apply the "vertical" theme, and you should be able to navigate the games using left-right (to switch column) and up-down (to switch rows). Does it work for you? Arcadeflow redefines the arrow keys with a custom routine I don't know if it can interfere with other controls...

As for the rows of games, you want just two (instead of three) so that thumbs are bigger? I'm refining the vertical layout getting more space for thumbs and reducing the title font, I'll see if a two rows option doesn't cut too much of the screenshots :) I'll check AF at low resolution to see how it goes, sadly my Mac is a retina model and many details (like text) are rendered at high resolution even if the layout width and height are 320x240 :/

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.6 [Release] Updated 8 June 2018
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2018, 07:58:30 AM »
AF 1.6 is out!

Many of you will find useful tweaks and features requested on the forum, so if you want to try it and tell me if it's working as expected that would be greatly appreciated :D

jtslade

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 09:30:08 AM »

When you run the theme on a vertical display it should apply the "vertical" theme, and you should be able to navigate the games using left-right (to switch column) and up-down (to switch rows). Does it work for you? Arcadeflow redefines the arrow keys with a custom routine I don't know if it can interfere with other controls...

As for the rows of games, you want just two (instead of three) so that thumbs are bigger? I'm refining the vertical layout getting more space for thumbs and reducing the title font, I'll see if a two rows option doesn't cut too much of the screenshots :) I'll check AF at low resolution to see how it goes, sadly my Mac is a retina model and many details (like text) are rendered at high resolution even if the layout width and height are 320x240 :/

Awesome, Thank you.. Is this in the new version. I can test it on my Vertical 19" CRT cocktail Groovy Arcade Cab this week.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2018, 11:20:24 PM »
Awesome, Thank you.. Is this in the new version. I can test it on my Vertical 19" CRT cocktail Groovy Arcade Cab this week.

Yes it is, maybe some fonts are still too small for such low resolution, but I can tweak it following your feedback :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.7 [Release] Updated 5 July 2018
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2018, 11:36:15 PM »
Updated to 1.7! New menu system and history plugin integrated. Have fun!

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2018, 07:18:59 AM »
Arcadeflow_17,   is broken for me  :-[

Arcadeflow_14  is working fine

im on windows 10 with latest AM build..

anyone else ?
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2018, 07:30:52 AM »
Arcadeflow_17,   is broken for me  :-[

Arcadeflow_14  is working fine

Ops, this is not good, can you be more specific? Also you can try one of the other releases from here:

https://github.com/zpaolo11x/Arcadeflow-AM-Theme/releases

1.7 is a pretty big update so maybe something went wrong along the way...

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2018, 09:11:46 AM »
Looks really good - but I really miss the early version with square contained art+logo (see attachment).
Looks like there is no chance to bring that back, right?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2018, 02:12:03 PM »
Looks really good - but I really miss the early version with square contained art+logo (see attachment).

I'm really thinking of a way to do it, without having to generate square snapshots with a script. It's one feature I'd like to implement but really complicated.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2018, 11:45:45 PM »

You know what? I made it! I'm refining some details and I don't think I'll be able to release it until next week but I was able to crop snaps using surfaces (and used a trick to make it smoother), so in the end now it works. How did I not think about it before??

I just have to re-do some graphics (shadows mainly), decide if I like the dimensions of the snaps and then I'll release something as soon as possible ;D