Author Topic: Newb questions, retroarch / attract mode basics  (Read 2094 times)

DiscoStu

• View Profile
Newb questions, retroarch / attract mode basics
« on: May 23, 2019, 11:33:39 AM »
Moving my hyperspin setup to attract mode, using a few found setups and compiling things down, learning as I go. A few questions I could'nt find answered elsewhere...
1) My PS1 emulator is configured through retroarch, everything works until launch, the default ps1 core is beetle PSX which never works. The other ps1 cores I have work find when I select them and load a rom, but by default from attract mode it always launches beetle psx and fails. Can I erase beetle psx or change the default somehow?

2) Not important as above, but some CD games I have show the CD cart image rotating, and some stay stable. they seem to use the same display menu, and all settings seem the same. The actual image files as well seem similar, and as I said are only set to rotate on load, but some systems rotate the entire time they are on screen, others don't. But always consistent within the systems.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Newb questions, retroarch / attract mode basics
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 09:50:49 PM »
1) You can tell RetroArch which core to load. This is done one of two ways in AttractMode: a) Configure-->Emulators-->PS1-->Command Arguments b) manually modify the /attractmode/emulators/PS1.cfg file. Either way you'll use the "-L" switch to tell it which core (emulator) you want to use to load your game.

Here's a sample of my PS1.cfg
Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.5.1
#
executable           \Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
args                 -f -L cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll "[romfilename]"
rompath              \Roms\Sony PlayStation
romext               .chd

2) Every layout can have it's own setting per system. Every layout can also have multiple layout.nut files that can be toggled to do different things. Also look at your image files to see if they are the same type (i.e. all .png vs .jpg). Look at the setting in your /attractmode/attract.cfg file to see any layout settings. If you need help understanding the attract.cfg file, post it and we'll try to help.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:52:32 PM by progets »