Author Topic: Tank Stick / Ubuntu/ Attract Mode / MAME  (Read 3665 times)

Bsoder52

• View Profile
Tank Stick / Ubuntu/ Attract Mode / MAME
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »
WOW!  Got along going on with my Arcade project now!  Thanks for all the help Fox!  I've got my MAME installation to the point where I'm happy and now trying to get my Tank Stick configured.  It states that out of the box its preconfigured for MAME, but it's not that easy. 

I've had to remap some buttons.  But the big problem I have is I can't get the ESC to work within Attract Mode running Mame.  Anyone run into this or have any insight?

Thanks much!
Bsoder52

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Stick / Ubuntu/ Attract Mode / MAME
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »
Bsoder52-

When you run mame and hit TAB and select controls what is your escape key mapped as, the default should be escape.

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Tank Stick / Ubuntu/ Attract Mode / MAME
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »
Honestly I can not help you much there, I don't have a tank stick. However mame does have controls that are "default" (as you said) look into your mame folder and look for a ctrlr folder and see if you have a "xarcade.cfg" in there. If so do this:

under the
#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#

look for

ctrlrpath                 ctrlr

make sure your path is right when pointing here!

then scroll down to...
#
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#

and look for

ctrlr                     

make it look like this:

ctrlr    xarcade.cfg

it will load a pre-made setup for mame. If you want you can set it up by hand. (You'll need a keyboard until you are all set up!)

I was going buy a tankstick..but I found out that I can buy the kit and assemble it myself and save 50 bucks..yeah i'm cheap :P but this way I can lay it out the way I want and use what cover I want. One day I want to build this:

http://1uparcade.rmfx.com/

and this one is cool too http://www.beersmith.com/mame/

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:32:23 PM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it