Author Topic: Sub menu  (Read 9235 times)

calle81

• View Profile
Sub menu
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:44:17 AM »
Would it possible to create a sub menu for the main menu? So that we can sort between Arcade Systems, Consoles, Computers, Collections etc? Maybe call a different nut file within the same layout which has its own wheel.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sub menu
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:41:22 AM »
Check out the "submenu.nut" in the modules folder. I think it's what you want. You'll need to setup your layout.nut to call it.

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 04:19:46 AM »
OK, sounds good. Do you know any theme using this module that I can pick apart?

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:10:41 PM »
Check out the "submenu.nut" in the modules folder. I think it's what you want. You'll need to setup your layout.nut to call it.

Just wondering, is there any tutorial available for this? I'm sure this is (or will be) a highly requested feature and I'm intrigued on how to set up sub-menus properly :)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:58:54 PM »
There are notes in the "submenu.nut" file. There are a few layouts that use it. Arcade Bliss is one of them but he's using it for different types of menus and not how you are describing.

This isn't a new feature. There are a lot of features in AM that people don't know about or haven't tried to leverage. IMO most people download load an image and use what is given to them instead of trying to innovate themselves.

l0ck0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 04:29:17 AM »
"Submenu.nut" is useless (or at least nothing is explained in the help of the file itself)

What it is necessary is that the program accepts the option to create submenus (as it has MalaFE for example) .. since much that someone does a .nut of those from where it gets that .nut information that the screen model 3 is Inside the submenu arcades or the gameboy screen this inside the submenu nintendo ??

There must be somewhere a file where you create the organization and put each screen to which submenu corresponds and that logically can never go within the subject itself or a module or anything like that since logically each person will organize its submenus Your taste and the code can not be a fortune teller

That "submenu.nut" does not stop for that served but of course it does not serve for what the people are asking

por si no se entiende dejo la versión en español y que cada cual use el traductor que prefiera

"submenu.nut" no sirve para nada (o al menos no se explica nada en la ayuda del propio archivo)

lo que hace falta es que el programa acepte la opción de crear submenus (como tiene MalaFE por ejemplo).. ya que por mucho que alguien haga un .nut de esos de donde saca ese .nut la información de que la pantalla model 3 esta dentro del submenu arcades o la pantalla gameboy este dentro del submenu nintendo??

tiene que haber en algún lugar un archivo donde tu crees la organización y pongas cada pantalla a que submenu corresponde y eso lógicamente nunca podrá ir dentro de el propio tema ni de un modulo ni nada por el estilo ya que lógicamente cada persona organizara sus submenus a su gusto y el código no puede ser adivino

ese "submenu.nut" no se para que servida pero desde luego NO sirve para lo que esta pidiendo la gente
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:31:00 AM by l0ck0 »

asylvia22

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 02:28:07 PM »
Has anyone made progress on implementing a sub menu from the main wheel ("Arcade Systems, Consoles, Computers, Collections etc." as noted above by Calle81)? Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:31:01 PM by asylvia22 »

brigane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 04:34:13 AM »
If I'm not mistaken this should work with this theme http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1416.0
I just don't know how to make it work with my Raspberry Pi 2.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:02:18 AM »
to make it work on my rasberry pi u need to make shure you update AM to the latest so it has the display menu option
after i did that it did not put the new folder "menu-art" in the root folder...so i just added it there and and all work fine..
help a friend....

brigane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
to make it work on my rasberry pi u need to make shure you update AM to the latest so it has the display menu option
after i did that it did not put the new folder "menu-art" in the root folder...so i just added it there and and all work fine..

I'm on Attract-Mode version 2.2.1 and I tried to do this but it still doesn't work. I would appreciate a better explanation or maybe a youtube guide cause I'm not quite sure what to do to make it work.
Thanks in advance

asylvia22

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 01:42:40 PM »

Thanks for the information, much appreciated. I had a look at the link as well as that creators other themes, none seem to implement the "submenu.nut". I have the latest Attract Mode with the display menu options feature for awhile now. The item I couldn't figure out is grouping all of the consoles, handhelds, collections and PC systems on the main wheel into a sub menu (via submenu.nut). Haven't come across any themes utilizing this function in the manner I described. Furthermore, an example of this for EmulationStation can be found here to get an idea (broken up by hardware type or company): https://youtu.be/PzVHMg7kU4U?t=2m56s