Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548357 times)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.5 [Release] Updated 24 May 2019
« Reply #345 on: May 24, 2019, 12:43:31 AM »
This might be a good solution but I prefer to stuff my layout with thousands of code lines so it becomes a mess to maintain and edit LOL

You can keep your thousands of lines of code and just change a couple of words between arcade.nut and console.nut such as "flyer" to "boxart" or "advert" to "background".

Again, not asking for any changes but highlighting different ways that you could streamline things for most people vs. using a "per-display" setting.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #346 on: May 24, 2019, 12:48:45 AM »
Again, not asking for any changes but highlighting different ways that you could streamline things for most people vs. using a "per-display" setting.

I see your point, I'll play with per-display settings a bit, I don't think I'll differentiate layouts though: I'm plannin to rewrite my tiles display routine and my snap/boxart/video cropping routine so its as "universal" as possible and doesn't need to reload the layout to accomodate different "flavors" of the layout itself. The more flexible the theme the better.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 24, 2019, 12:55:18 AM »
Thanks for the great layout! It's one of my favorites and I borrowed some of its code for my personal layout. I can't wait to see where it goes.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #348 on: May 24, 2019, 02:36:48 AM »
Thanks for the great layout! It's one of my favorites and I borrowed some of its code for my personal layout. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Well thank you for the suggestions, the forum has been a source of invaluable inspiration, suggestions and tips :)

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 24, 2019, 09:58:10 AM »
Just in time for the weekend, thank you for the new update. :) This is looking really really good. Noticed already the new genre icons for consoles games like RPG and others, nice touch and look great. Still have to test things further but loving it.

PS: Is there a way to use overview .txt files outside of Arcade collection since consoles or computers don't have an history file? Maybe there's an new option that I've missed. Or maybe for future updates of course :)

Also, with boxart mode enabled there's no video snaps playing anymore on consoles, is this the correct behavior or maybe some option that I did wrong? Nevermind, just saw your reply to another user regarding this. :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:22:35 AM by Enkak »

spelunkyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 24, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
in 4.5 I disabled videos overlay when in box art mode

Ah, fair enough. In that case 4.5 is working perfect for me, and even without video snaps I think it's gonna be my main layout.

PS: Is there a way to use overview .txt files outside of Arcade collection since consoles or computers don't have an history file? Maybe there's an new option that I've missed. Or maybe for future updates of course :)

I'd also appreciate any info about this! :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
Just in time for the weekend, thank you for the new update. :) This is looking really really good. Noticed already the new genre icons for consoles games like RPG and others, nice touch and look great. Still have to test things further but loving it.

I will add more icons if I see them missing; I also found out that I can trick AM into thinking I have hundreds of roms just telling the emulator that .png is a rom extension :D

There is no way in the current layout, I'd love to implement it in the next releas but I need some overview .txt files to test. Is there some "pack" I can download somewhere?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2019, 02:12:32 PM »
in 4.5 I disabled videos overlay when in box art mode

Ah, fair enough. In that case 4.5 is working perfect for me, and even without video snaps I think it's gonna be my main layout.

I think I'll try to implement it in a future release, but before that I'm rewriting a lot of stuff and it's not easy. Once the code is rewritten it will be easier to implement the videos.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »

I will add more icons if I see them missing; I also found out that I can trick AM into thinking I have hundreds of roms just telling the emulator that .png is a rom extension :D

There is no way in the current layout, I'd love to implement it in the next releas but I need some overview .txt files to test. Is there some "pack" I can download somewhere?

That's crazy the .png extension trick  :D

Strategy icon at least I know it's missing for games like Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Advance Wars, etc. Will let you know if I find more. :)

You can use these from RetroFE. They are close related to hyperlists and work good for testing. ;)

https://github.com/billyc999/RetroFe-Game-info/tree/master/RetroFE%20Story%20Files
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:00:48 AM by Enkak »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2019, 01:23:27 PM »
Strategy icon at least I know it's missing for games like Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Advance Wars, etc. Will let you know if I find more. :)

I just updated the icons with Strategy and other (mostly duplicate with a different name). Next release will have most icons, and maybe I'll add some manufacturer images.

You can use these from RetroFE. They are close related to hyperlists and work good for testing. ;)

Ok, sorry if I keep asking, where do I have to put this files? The list is quite complete, I'll be able to implement them hopefully in 4.6

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2019, 01:36:22 PM »

I just updated the icons with Strategy and other (mostly duplicate with a different name). Next release will have most icons, and maybe I'll add some manufacturer images.

Ok, sorry if I keep asking, where do I have to put this files? The list is quite complete, I'll be able to implement them hopefully in 4.6

Great to hear about the new icons. :) Not easy to track all the missing icons or others that have the icons but not the genre written below the icons because of how each list or game is listed.

No problem, glad to help anyway I can. For overview files (I only learned it recently too using the Chicuelo theme), go to the scraper folder in AM root and create there a folder for each system if there isn't already. And inside each system folder another named "overview". Similar to this: ..\scraper\Super Nintendo Entertainment System\overview

Then put the .txt files there. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #356 on: May 26, 2019, 08:07:23 AM »
Great to hear about the new icons. :) Not easy to track all the missing icons or others that have the icons but not the genre written below the icons because of how each list or game is listed.

Don't worry about that, now that I can fake a whole list of ROMs I have a simple layout that lists all the missing genre icons ;)

No problem, glad to help anyway I can. For overview files (I only learned it recently too using the Chicuelo theme), go to the scraper folder in AM root and create there a folder for each system if there isn't already. And inside each system folder another named "overview". Similar to this: ..\scraper\Super Nintendo Entertainment System\overview

Thanks again, here is a preview: when history.dat fails it reverts to overviews :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:33:58 AM by zpaolo11x »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 26, 2019, 09:55:06 AM »
That looks great :) And now we get anxious again for next version :D
Oh, that trick about the roms listing all the missing icons sounds genius and really helpful for this. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2019, 01:01:35 AM »
I have a question for you guys: in my project of expanding Arcadeflow to support all kind of consoles I found that most snaps found on emumovies are rescaled. For example I got the Game Boy static snap pack and the resolution of snaps is 534 x 480, while the native GB resolution is 160 x 144. This is not a showstopper but messes a bit with the CRT shaders and especially messes with the LCD shader I was starting to develop. And it's also a bilinear filtered rescale so it's not easy to revert it back to "unfiltered" state.

Do you know if there's a native resolution snap/video pack for consoles, like there is for mame games? Maybe there's something since mame can now simulate consoles but I never tried this aspect of mame myself.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:06:43 AM by zpaolo11x »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2019, 06:19:02 AM »
I have a question for you guys: in my project of expanding Arcadeflow to support all kind of consoles I found that most snaps found on emumovies are rescaled. For example I got the Game Boy static snap pack and the resolution of snaps is 534 x 480, while the native GB resolution is 160 x 144. This is not a showstopper but messes a bit with the CRT shaders and especially messes with the LCD shader I was starting to develop. And it's also a bilinear filtered rescale so it's not easy to revert it back to "unfiltered" state.

Do you know if there's a native resolution snap/video pack for consoles, like there is for mame games? Maybe there's something since mame can now simulate consoles but I never tried this aspect of mame myself.

Progretto-Snaps is the „unofficial“ resource that the „team“ uses. Snaps are taken is original size from mame. I don’t think they are included in the extras torrent yet maybe because there is more demand on arcade side of things.?

http://www.progettosnaps.net/softwareresources/