Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548106 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.2 [Release] Updated 16 August 2019
« Reply #525 on: August 16, 2019, 12:39:02 AM »
Released Arcadeflow 5.2: 70 new manufacturer icons and new options! Enjoy and report bugs!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:00:24 AM by zpaolo11x »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 16, 2019, 03:32:32 AM »
Great news and thx again. Will do it :)
PS: love the new manufacturer icon additions already like Codemasters. ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 03:35:53 AM by Enkak »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #527 on: August 16, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
PS: love the new manufacturer icon additions already like Codemasters. ;)

:D I'm adding more in the next release, admittedly some of them are not very detailed but it's difficult to find good source material... if you have any brand you need added to the list let me know

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 16, 2019, 11:05:44 AM »
Will do. ;) Noticed also some more Amiga manufacturer favorites like Psygnosis and others. :)

From the first tests new version is working very good. There's a possible (maybe it's meant to be this way, unsure) minimal bug with the overlay when changing display option. It works flawless if you use a shortcut button/key to change instant the display/system. But if you use AF Display menu to change/select displays the splash never appears when you enter one.

Also, theme folder is missing the AF logo files (for splash and for display menu near version number). I copied them from other AF version but just in case I wanted to let you know. :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:09:00 AM by Enkak »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2019, 12:21:45 AM »
There's a possible (maybe it's meant to be this way, unsure) minimal bug with the overlay when changing display option. It works flawless if you use a shortcut button/key to change instant the display/system. But if you use AF Display menu to change/select displays the splash never appears when you enter one.

If you mean the displays menu inside AF (not AF used as display theme) it should show the display overlay, and actually it does in my test rig, can you run attract-console.exe and see if there's some error message when you switch displays that way?

Also, theme folder is missing the AF logo files (for splash and for display menu near version number). I copied them from other AF version but just in case I wanted to let you know. :)

Wow, thank you for noticing! I uploaded 5.2 layot.nut on top of 5.1, but for some obscure reason the folder of 5.1 was missing some files. I have re-uploaded the layout so you can check it out again from the website, because I fear other files were missing...

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 17, 2019, 03:47:18 AM »

If you mean the displays menu inside AF (not AF used as display theme) it should show the display overlay, and actually it does in my test rig, can you run attract-console.exe and see if there's some error message when you switch displays that way?

Ah sorry for the confusion, I meant AF used as display theme.

Wow, thank you for noticing! I uploaded 5.2 layot.nut on top of 5.1, but for some obscure reason the folder of 5.1 was missing some files. I have re-uploaded the layout so you can check it out again from the website, because I fear other files were missing...

No problem :) I will download the layout again and test it. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #531 on: August 19, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »

Well this is intended: when AF is used as display theme the layout is reloaded when you select a theme, and at the time of layout loading there's no display name overlay (or it will be there every time you launch the layout).

Speaking of manufacturers icons, do you have an xml list for Amiga games? I got one from the web but with no manufacturer information...

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »

Well this is intended: when AF is used as display theme the layout is reloaded when you select a theme, and at the time of layout loading there's no display name overlay (or it will be there every time you launch the layout).

Speaking of manufacturers icons, do you have an xml list for Amiga games? I got one from the web but with no manufacturer information...

Ah I see, thank you for the explanation.

Regarding the xml list for Amiga, try this one attached. :)
It says custom because I'm adding number of players and scores to the games with time since those were missing originally, similar to other systems lists.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2019, 01:32:05 AM »

Thank you, wow that's a huge number of developers, even considering only the ones with more games... I already did some logos, I don't know how many use AM to manage computer emulation but the Amiga is the Amiga, I have to do it :D

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2019, 02:51:46 AM »

Thank you, wow that's a huge number of developers, even considering only the ones with more games... I already did some logos, I don't know how many use AM to manage computer emulation but the Amiga is the Amiga, I have to do it :D

I use it for Amiga and Spectrum. :) Without surprise, both have a huge list of games so a lot of work :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2019, 03:46:36 PM »
I'm playing with some options to make Arcadeflow more suitable for computer games too... the first issue is that most computer games artwork packs don't feature "Wheel" artwork, at least I couldn't find them for Amiga on EmuMovies. This doesn't look good because you'll see a screenshot with the smooth gradient on top. There are two ways to solve this:

1 - When there's no Wheel art, the gradient is not applied, and you can then see the full snapshot
2 - Add a "text caption" instead of the wheel artwork, but that won't probably look very good...

I have coded the first option (see attachment) but I'm still thinking if the second one is better or not...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:41:09 AM by zpaolo11x »

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 20, 2019, 10:49:32 PM »
I'm playing with some options to make Arcadeflow more suitable for computer games too... the first issue is that most computer games artwork packs don't feature "Wheel" artwork, at least I couldn't find them for Amiga on EmuMovies. This doesn't look good because you'll see a screenshot with the smooth gradient on top. There are two ways to solve this:

1 - When there's no Wheel art, the gradient is not applied, and you can then see the full snapshot
2 - Add a "text caption" instead of the wheel artwork, but that won't probably look very good...

I have coded the first option (see attachment) but I'm still thinking if the second one is better or not...

Wonderful work on this theme zpaolo!

You'll run into this problem (lack of wheel artwork) with many consoles too, one way could be to use a font for rendering title so it gives a wheel/ logo vibe. For example check how the font "Road Rage" is being used in this excellent theme (Pandora) for emulationstation > https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/20380/pandora-theme

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #537 on: August 20, 2019, 11:13:52 PM »
You'll run into this problem (lack of wheel artwork) with many consoles too, one way could be to use a font for rendering title so it gives a wheel/ logo vibe. For example check how the font "Road Rage" is being used in this excellent theme (Pandora) for emulationstation > https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/20380/pandora-theme

This is a very good suggestion, and nice font! I did a test with my standard theme font and it looks really bland and uninspiring, I'll check with a couple of custom fonts like the one you linked. I think there will be a problem for loner titles, maybe a font size scaling with the title length could solve this.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 21, 2019, 02:32:42 AM »
For amiga wheel/logo pack, try this one: https://emumovies.com/files/file/3100-commodore-amiga-logos-pack/

Regarding the issue when there's no wheel art. Since your theme already shows the game title on top left (invaluable hint and help, especially when you add Japanese games and others to the mix where you don't know which game is looking at the logo) I think both options can work, with second one using a custom font like random suggested.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #539 on: August 21, 2019, 02:36:23 AM »
For amiga wheel/logo pack, try this one: https://emumovies.com/files/file/3100-commodore-amiga-logos-pack/

Oh cool, will have a look at that. Meantime I spent a coffee break stitching some dirty code together, and this is the end result using an arcade font I already had. Looks interesting, maybe I should add more fonts and chose them randomly
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:41:32 AM by zpaolo11x »