Author Topic: Arcade1Up Layout?  (Read 20363 times)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade1Up Layout?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 07:24:19 AM »

Just go to grid.nut

line #20

local gridArt = "marquee";  and change to..

local gridArt = "wheel";

enjoy.. :D
help a friend....

Plex7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 01:14:24 PM »
Hehe I figured it out last night before going to bed, exploring around. Would it be possible to make a very similar theme like this one? A snap and game info (date released, genre, # of players, emulator being used, times played) windows would be GREAT (as shown)...or at least two windows: the one on left will be the wheels of games to select from and on the right a snap video.

Rom info like in the bottom of this pic would be helpful (if the game info window explained above can't be done). Using the simpsons as an example, i wouldn't be sure which one is the player 2 or 4 version.

:D

young01cj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 08:43:09 PM »
Hi guys.  Thanks so much for this theme.  Because of this, I am converting my arcade 1up into a mame cabinet.  I just started playing with this theme and have a few questions:
1.  I don't quite understand how to add a game from All to Favorites.  I have a button setup to switch between the 2 filters but I don't know how to add a game to the Favorites?
2.  Say I have 300 games in my Favorites list.  It takes forever to scroll through them.  How would I map a button to navigate from letter O to letter P?

That is all for now.  Thanks for this great theme.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 09:22:57 PM »
Hi guys.  Thanks so much for this theme.  Because of this, I am converting my arcade 1up into a mame cabinet.  I just started playing with this theme and have a few questions:
1.  I don't quite understand how to add a game from All to Favorites.  I have a button setup to switch between the 2 filters but I don't know how to add a game to the Favorites?
2.  Say I have 300 games in my Favorites list.  It takes forever to scroll through them.  How would I map a button to navigate from letter O to letter P?

1. Configure-->Controls--> Add/Remove Favourites = <whatever_you_choose>
2. Configure-->Controls-->Next Letter = <whatever_you_choose>

Plex7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 11:55:39 PM »

I would just create a romlist. In Attractmode/romlists. Just follow the format from anyone of of them, and add your games one by one. Tedious, but much faster. Pick and choose from other romlists. Copy and paste. That's what I did and it turned out great! Find a nice menu wheel for Favorites, create a display, and use that romlist and done.

young01cj

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 09:45:41 AM »
Thanks Plex7. 

I just modified the mame.txt romlist and kept the ones I wanted.  Took a few hours but it works great now.  There are some wheel art that are missing that I will have to create.  But other than that everything works great.  Now I just need to find out how to boot the PC directly into AM bypassing all the windows pages.

Thanks again.

Plex7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »
Thanks Plex7. 

I just modified the mame.txt romlist and kept the ones I wanted.  Took a few hours but it works great now.  There are some wheel art that are missing that I will have to create.  But other than that everything works great.  Now I just need to find out how to boot the PC directly into AM bypassing all the windows pages.

Thanks again.

Match sure the rom's name matches the name for the wheel and snap (located in the wheel and snap folders) 100%.

Yeah, trying to figure that out too. I read it's something in the registry or simply put attract.exe in the startup folder? Let me know what you figure out.  8)

young01cj

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 08:39:33 AM »
Plex7 - here is some info I found on how to replace the windows shell at startup.  I did add the attract.exe to the startup folder and it does launch the application after all the windows screens appear.

Please note:  I have not tested this yet so I can't guarantee if it works.

Read through it and let us know if it works for you.
https://superuser.com/questions/435869/how-to-boot-directly-into-an-application

Plex7

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 01:29:43 PM »
Plex7 - here is some info I found on how to replace the windows shell at startup.  I did add the attract.exe to the startup folder and it does launch the application after all the windows screens appear.

Please note:  I have not tested this yet so I can't guarantee if it works.

Read through it and let us know if it works for you.
https://superuser.com/questions/435869/how-to-boot-directly-into-an-application

Looks great! I plan to use this method for attract.exe, but how about secondary programs? I want to run winamp in the background in which it'll autoplay music for the background music I want to implement.

So what if use this registry key method for attract.exe and the startup folder for winamp?

corleone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 12:04:33 PM »
1up update

= https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Syp2SGstSC8HdI5wFZ0v9PjR-ntC6nuy

let me know if need to change anything ;D

Hi thanks so much for this, I registered to just for this, it's fantastic!

Would this work for a vertical monitor?  I uploaded it and I'd need to turn it 90 degrees clockwise to work is that possible?  I'd love to get this working on my Space Invaders a1up cab if possible.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 05:49:02 PM »

put in....

fe.layout.base_rotation = RotateScreen.Right;
help a friend....

corleone

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 05:59:21 PM »

put in....

Thank you!!

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2020, 01:01:10 AM »

put in....

Love the Arcade1up Theme u did. Still using it on all my cabinets.

Would you be interested in creating version 2. They have a new looking theme now on the newer cabs.

It displays one game. Using game screenshot. With the next and previous game on the right and left but are blurred out. Plus the navigation is from left to right instead of up down.

https://youtu.be/M3oc-tnAbi8

Arcade1up logo top left
Top right remove capcom and switch to retropie or attractmode logo
background is like a blueish color

on the bottom game selection with arrows pointing left right
below it press A to select game

https://sambro.co.uk/public/images/brands/arcade-1up/arcade1up-png-9796.png
https://archive.org/download/retropie/retropie.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/b4ExRyjSW2DWetjP7ethovptP7KPFlc5n0mLduoATQ3SWHhYbOCcN8tlxPK-FBbWD1rntT5K1q_GeZccZNo

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2020, 06:47:29 AM »
ill take a look ,,,,this is basicley what was done in the pacman 40 theme,  below
have u checked it out,,,,? 
help a friend....

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2020, 08:06:59 PM »
I've seen the pacman one but I think a more generic one would be better so it could be used for any cab.
That one only works for the pacman cab.

Plus I like the screenshot addition better. The pacman has a blank background with just the wheel/marquee. Its not much different than the original one you have created on here which I think is better.

Would be cool if u could make screenshot/snaps on the big square. Then add marquee/wheel to appear over the image like the pacman has.
Then just remove the marvel capcom logo on the top right.
On the bottom just leave Press A to Select Game

Or I was thinking

How bout we combine both?

Take the brick layout in this image that was created

Put the wide arcadequp logo on the top inside the border

then in middle the big square in middle
code it where the rom = screenshot inside the square plus wheel/marquee overlapping it in centered similar to the pacman

then the previous and next on the left and right of it. Cut off just displaying half of it

Then on the very bottom the game selection image like on the pacman
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 07:05:20 AM by Misterhollyw00d »