Author Topic: List importing  (Read 3170 times)

abls1

• View Profile
List importing
« on: May 26, 2015, 05:04:13 AM »
I set up final burn alpha and its working but all of the game list are for mame so there is alot of games it will not play so i need to be able to import a list only for the avaliable games for final burn alpha then import it to Attract Mode.

Thanks

akafox

• View Profile
Re: List importing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:26:22 AM »
I'm not sure how to import that. However the best way I would imagine for this is to just grab the games that work in fba from your MAME roms. The best way to do that escapes me at the moment.
People want life easy..then complain about it

akafox

• View Profile
Re: List importing
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:07:04 AM »
Ok this is what you do. First of all is there any reason that you must run FBA? Now don't get me wrong it's a great emulator (and yes I do use it..thus why this answer) however why use it if MAME will run it?

I did have a problem with an old computer i have not running some games a %100 but FBA ran them just fine. Not want to have two "arcade" lists. I merged them. Here is how:

First I took the games that were going to be run in FBA it it's own folder. (e.g. C:\fba\roms\cps1) Then in FBA I told it where to find my roms.

Next I set it up each game the way I wanted it ,tested it, to make sure it ran. I closed down FBA went to AM and set up FBA in attract mode..tested it there. I closed attract mode.

Then I went into the romlist folder (e.g. C:\attract\romlists) then I made a back up of my mame list then I opened my FBA list and highlighted the entire list (ctrl+a) then I copied it all (ctrl+c).

I opened my MAME list next and pasted the FBA list to the bottom of my mame list (ctrl+v) then I saved my new list. After that i started attractmode and started an "arcade" game one from mame one from FBA.

So now I have one list but when I start the game AM will use the right emulator for it.
People want life easy..then complain about it