Author Topic: Version 2.4 sneaking in!  (Read 42067 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
Re: Version 2.4 sneaking in!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 08:58:41 AM »
About Attrac-Mode 2.4 at Mountain Lion, nothing can be done.

Version 2.4 searches for libraries that Mountain Lion does not have and that can only be installed through homebrew.

And in Mountain Lion now there is no way to install homebrew.

So you have to settle for version 2.2  :'(

False. I had it installed on mountain lion. You need to install XQuartz I believe. I’ve been consistently running brew for a long time now.

And in Mountain Lion NOW there is no way to install homebrew. And if you can, prove it  8)

And I would really appreciate an Attract.app 2.4 that worked correctly in Mountain Lion. ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:24:47 AM by zlagos »
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2018, 09:46:19 AM »
New version can`t crwate .cfg file

last_run.log:

Attract-Mode v2.4.0 (Windows, SFML 2.5 +SWF +7z)
avcodec 58.18.100 / avformat 58.12.100 / swscale 5.1.100 / swresample 3.1.100

Config file not found: C:\MAME\pROGRAMS\Frontend\attract-v2.4.0-win32\attract.cfg
 - Constructed 1 filters in 0 ms (1 comparisons)

Pls help.

Thanks for reporting it. If it happens on a clean state AM installation it may be some overlooked bug. Please use the cfg file generated by the previous version as a temporary workaround. We will look into it.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2018, 06:14:31 AM »
About Attrac-Mode 2.4 at Mountain Lion, nothing can be done.

Version 2.4 searches for libraries that Mountain Lion does not have and that can only be installed through homebrew.

And in Mountain Lion now there is no way to install homebrew.

So you have to settle for version 2.2  :'(

False. I had it installed on mountain lion. You need to install XQuartz I believe. I’ve been consistently running brew for a long time now.

And in Mountain Lion NOW there is no way to install homebrew. And if you can, prove it  8)

And I would really appreciate an Attract.app 2.4 that worked correctly in Mountain Lion. ;D

Try this: https://gist.github.com/myobie/1860902

Ps I have a website with an initial git commit using image magik installed via Homebrew when mountain lion came out in 2012. Until recently, I would sometimes even update on developer releases since os10 came out. I remember getting it working.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 04:03:09 AM »

Try this: https://gist.github.com/myobie/1860902

Step 5:

Code: [Select]
5) Reinstall your brews
How am I going to reinstall my brew if I have not been able to install it before?

In https://brew.sh this not work:

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
And this either:

https://docs.brew.sh/Installation

I have already tried everything. But if you have a clean installation of Mountain Lion, you can NOT install Mountain lion

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 08:01:10 PM »
@zlagos what’s your error output on the curl for brew? Did you install command line tools?

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 06:34:14 AM »
@zlagos what’s your error output on the curl for brew? Did you install command line tools?

In Terminal:

MacBook-de-admin-2:~ admin$ ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
==> You are using macOS 10.8.
==> We (and Apple) do not provide support for this old version.
This installation may not succeed.
After installation, you will encounter build failures and other breakages.
Please create pull-requests instead of asking for help on Homebrew's
GitHub, Discourse, Twitter or IRC. As you are running this old version,
you are responsible for resolving any issues you experience.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »
You posted a warning. No error.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »
You posted a warning. No error.

Is a warning and an error.

I continued with the installation. He made many errors. And at the end, homebrew was not installed.

I installed xcode 4 and its command line, but homebrew I could not.

Today I tried to install it again. And I have not had any success.

And on the homebrew website I have not found any solution. And I'm not alone. From what I have read in the homebrew forum there are more people in my same situation.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:46:19 PM by zlagos »

Joe737

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »

short info:
version 2.4 doesn't longer supports native Windows XP/WinXP.
shows different missing .dll errors / .dll files not found
If you're using WinXP use version 2.3

I was bummed when 2.4 didn't work in XP, but I reported it on Github and there is a build now that works! Thank you!
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/464#issuecomment-410533812
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:12:36 AM by Joe737 »

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2018, 09:46:25 PM »

short info:
version 2.4 doesn't longer supports native Windows XP/WinXP.
shows different missing .dll errors / .dll files not found
If you're using WinXP use version 2.3

>:(  No!!! Please tell me there is going to be support for XP, I have a MAME Arcade PC that I have spent so much time configuring!  Is there any way to get all these new features and fixes for us XP users?  Please tell me there is!

Please try the binary packages linked here: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/464 which should work on WinXP

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2018, 04:59:20 AM »
Please try the binary packages linked here: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/464 which should work on WinXP

Thanks very much, i'll try it... :D

farique

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2018, 07:48:18 AM »
Thanks for the update.
What do you mean exactly with "Attract-Mode is now looking for game overview information in a different place then previously" , I have tons of overview scrapped descriptions and I prefer to move them to another place than re-scrape all the stuff.
Which is the new location?

Here is the description of where the overviews are now stored:

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commit/88595c811b2ebe717d1c9ea116373531b92cc6cb

hope that helps!

Thanks I have converted the "old ones" to the new "format".
Should be easy to make a python script if anyone wants to help.
I have used the find and replace feature of notepad ++ , just deleting the first "Overview " word at the begining and "n/n/"
Then just changing the .cfg extension for .txt with flexible renamer.

I have an Autoit script I made to convert normal text files to the old overview format and vice-versa.
I think I can easily repurpose it to make the conversion from the old to the new overview format, however on my test runs with AM 2.4 the overviews are coming blank (tried with Odyssey 2 and Vectrex) I am flooded at the moment and unable to chase the problem. Can anyone tell me how the new files are formatted? Apart from ditching the "overview " at the beginning and changing the extension from ".cfg" to ".txt" anything else has changed? Are they still using "\n" as linefeeds?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:37:57 PM by farique »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 12:23:20 AM »
Thanks for the update.
What do you mean exactly with "Attract-Mode is now looking for game overview information in a different place then previously" , I have tons of overview scrapped descriptions and I prefer to move them to another place than re-scrape all the stuff.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commit/88595c811b2ebe717d1c9ea116373531b92cc6cb

hope that helps!

I have used the find and replace feature of notepad ++ , just deleting the first "Overview " word at the begining and "n/n/"

I have an Autoit script I made to convert normal text files to the old overview format and vice-versa.
I think I can easily repurpose it to make the conversion from the old to the new overview format, however on my test runs with AM 2.4 the overviews are coming blank (tried with Odyssey 2 and Vectrex) I am flooded at the moment and unable to chase the problem. Can anyone tell me how the new files are formatted? Apart from ditching the "overview " at the beginning and changing the extension from ".cfg" to ".txt" anything else has changed? Are they still using "\n" as linefeeds?

Cheers.

I think you have all the information.

1. remove the first 9 characters of each old .cfg file ("overview ")
2. rename the file from .cfg to .txt
3. move files to the new location (/attract/scraper/<emulator>/overview/<romname>.txt)

Simple in a Linux console but in Windows I think most are using Notepad++ for batch converions.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:33:03 AM by progets »

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 02:25:14 AM »
I need an AM 2.4 version for Mac Os X Mountain Lion 10.8.4, please...

Mountain Lion, now, does not let install the homebrew. If someone had it installed before, would be so kind to compile a version for Mountain Lion ...

It would also be good for someone to tell me how to install the homebrew now. I already installed xcode and command line, but the instructions of the homebrew forum to install it in Mountain Lion does not work ...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:10:55 AM by zlagos »

farique

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
Thanks for the update.

hope that helps!

Cheers.

I think you have all the information.

1. remove the first 9 characters of each old .cfg file ("overview ")
2. rename the file from .cfg to .txt
3. move files to the new location (/attract/scraper/<emulator>/overview/<romname>.txt)

Simple in a Linux console but in Windows I think most are using Notepad++ for batch converions.

Ok, there you go.
Just run OWZR.exe and press the buttons, the Readme.txt explains it all.
It does not move the files to the new location but you should be working on copies anyway, so...