Author Topic: 60 in 1 jammed icade theme question  (Read 9617 times)

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
Re: 60 in 1 jammed icade theme question
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 07:41:57 PM »
here is a video in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXHn1gK_Vwo

First is stock arcade1up horizontal and then vertical. Then the next two are what I'm using in emulationstation both horizontal and vertical.

the stock just put the logo on top to make it fit but seems u got it to fit nice the way it is.

That glow is a bit too much. can it be more white and maybe skinnier.

Anyway to make the font all the way on bottom that says push a to select game more bold and steady just stick there.

Yea the retropie logo because what arcade1up uses is license publishers like capcom, midway, atari etc.

The mods I do is specific for the controls. Like cab with all trackball, all spinner, 4 player games, 3 player etc

If it can only list 6-12 games that fine. Prefer 6 but either work. Not sure if u maybe can make for it to list only favorites. So if lets say I have 20 games on there and put only 6 favorites those would be on there.

But what u just showed looks good just go a bit easier on the glow

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
help a friend....

scout43

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2020, 04:44:16 PM »
Hi, the provided download link isn’t working for me. Is there an alternative?

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 07:26:20 AM »
going to release, 60-1 crt vs soon here is the preview....

https://youtu.be/AKVX3-PKzRI

the whole theme, is ran on a layer, with crt shader aplyed to it...pretty cool
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:28:47 AM by jedione »
help a friend....

Draugr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 07:05:26 AM »
Hi Everyone.

I just found Attract Mode as I was hoping to find a theme for Emulationstation or similar front ends that had the Jamma 60 in 1 iCade theme. My search took me here. :)

Anyhow, I downloaded the theme and everything looks good, but I have one question and one issue that I'd like to mention in case someone here might be able to help me.

1. I plan to use this on my vertical arcade system so this issue isn't too important, but on my PC which is a 4k wide screen monitor, the theme stretches automatically to the full size of the screen. Is there any way to tell Attract Mode or the iCade theme to not stretch and to simply stay centered on the screen reaching the top and bottom and if necessary leaving empty space on the left and right to keep the theme from stretching?

2. I needed to setup my Attract Mode with multiple copies of MAME. This is working fine, but I noticed an issue with the iCade theme that doesn't happen if I try other themes.

My Main Display Menu has 3 options to choose from.   MAME (4-Way), MAME (8-Way), MAME (Hacks).

When you select one of the 3 main menu choices it takes you to the proper sub menu, but the images are still from the main menu unless I move up one grid which moves the grid and then automatically fills up with the game images as normal.

I tried using a different theme for the main display menu just as a test. When I do that and select one of the 3 main menu options, I get taken to the proper iCade sub menu and all the images for the games are there properly right from the start. No empty grid as described above.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I'll try to attach an image showing the issue.

The 1st image is the main menu. The 2nd image is the 8-Way games sub-menu but as you can see the game name and the x/y number of games shows, yet the grid is still showing the images from the main menu. When I press up on the screen, the 3rd image occurs which properly fills the grid with the game images.

Thanks,
John

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 07:13:08 AM by Draugr »