Author Topic: Hide command line text when game is launched?  (Read 8478 times)

Finhead

• View Profile
Hide command line text when game is launched?
« on: May 08, 2016, 12:43:51 PM »
When a game is launch in the new non X Attract Mode complied on RetroPie it drops to the command line for a second.
Is there anyway to hide this or display a black screen or Image (emulationstaion does the image) between launch and the game opening?
Here's a few pics of what I get, had to take it with my phone since the screenshot wont take pics out of AM.  ;)
First is Digdug second DonkeyKong.

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Hide command line text when game is launched?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 01:54:02 PM »
I do know there is a way to hide the boot screen and add a different picture or even a video. I had a front end that would display a picture (thus hiding the command line) while loading the emulator. I could see that on a PC easy with attract mode. On a pi not to sure.
People want life easy..then complain about it

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 03:09:22 PM »
I do know there is a way to hide the boot screen and add a different picture or even a video. I had a front end that would display a picture (thus hiding the command line) while loading the emulator. I could see that on a PC easy with attract mode. On a pi not to sure.

Yes that is exactly what Emulation Station does when I launch the game using that frontend. It's a option at the Runcommand Launch menu, #2 I have enabled. I thought it might use that with Attract Mode once configured since it's now using the Runcommand but it didn't.
I'm sure there must be a way to use it, just couldn't figure it out so thought I would ask.  :)

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/runcommand#configuring-runcommand

aaronr33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 01:42:37 PM »
Current retropie version is 3.7 for what is used in attract mode images, is there a updated 4.02 or 4.03 retropie image?  Runcommand options are not available otherwise.

Floob

• View Profile
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
Did anyone by chance figure this out? I know the motion blue Pi image had the command line text disabled somehow. I just updated attract mode from source and now the command line text is back. I cant seem to get rid of it.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
Pi F.A.Q. #12 http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1249.0

Thank you very much for that reference. This is working and solved the issues.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:20:08 AM by tekn0 »