Author Topic: Emulator Problems with Ms. Pac-Man...  (Read 3179 times)

ChrisD_Player1and2

• View Profile
Emulator Problems with Ms. Pac-Man...
« on: August 20, 2018, 07:21:45 AM »
Hello, all... I'm joining the forums, and I am bringing a frustrating yet interesting problem.
So, before you get to know the problem, you have to know the background behind it.
I have Attract Mode and MAME on a windows-powered arcade machine.
Attract Mode does the job quite well with launching MAME games in general.
Most of All MAME games I have play quite nicely, controls work and everything... That is, Most of all but one.
As you probably could have guessed, MAME is having issues in specific with launching Ms. Pac-Man.
Attached picture file Capture1.PNG shows an error message with this specific game, and only this game so far, stating that the files in the romset are missing, before the emulator exits.
If you look at Attached picture file Capture2.PNG, you will see that I have all the files necessary in the compressed folder that is named mspacman.zip.
This is not a problem within attract mode, but within MAME itself. I have attract mode configured properly for this emulator.
Also, I have the ROMs stored in a special external drive and I even configured the MAME ROMs directory inside the program AND in Attract Mode to point to that drive so it could find the MAME ROMs from there (Picture soon...).
What is the solution? Is mspacman.zip a bad/corrupted file? Is there possible bad/corrupted rom files inside the aforementioned zip file?
If you need me to clarify or post any missing or extra pictures, please let me know!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:24:00 PM by ChrisD_Player1and2 »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Emulator Problems with Ms. Pac-Man...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 06:56:16 PM »
funny,, i have a 1.80 mame set, that when i when to a new build of windows 10...  was throwing these simtoms
error, error then would start...

but when run through AM.  would start normal   ?

food for thought,,,,

did not try to tackle it..since it was working in AM  ...

sorry no help :'(
help a friend....

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Emulator Problems with Ms. Pac-Man...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »
try to decompress and then decompress with 7-zip as a .zip format of course. (KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL ROM THOUGH!)

I run into that problem from time to time..standard mame may not tell you it is a "incompatible zip format" but advancemame will (I think)..that is they only way I figured that out...drove me nuts. I had that problem with a few of mine as well...

and if you are using 7-zip then try another compression tool

If mame fonds the files it needs..and then not one that should be in the zip..it will list just that one file. if you do have the roms in there and ALL of them are not found..that is normally your problem.
People want life easy..then complain about it