Author Topic: MultiMonitor support on Windows  (Read 4759 times)

CapnBry

• View Profile
MultiMonitor support on Windows
« on: May 23, 2015, 07:28:37 AM »
I figured I'd start a new thread about this rather than putting it in the ambient sound thread.

Starting with the MultiMonitor support in 1.5.2, the main display in Attract-Mode spans all monitors on Windows (7 and 8.1 tested). The menus are split across both monitors as well. Enabling the multimon plugin has no effect. Adding some debugging into a nut file, the monitor geometry is properly detected.

There is an issue on GitHub about it as well. Release 1.5.3 is said to fix this but I get the same result.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MultiMonitor support on Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »
So you are still getting the layout stretched across multiple screens with 1.5.3?  I was getting that with 1.5.2 but so far I am not getting it with 1.5.3.

Also, which layout are you using?

CapnBry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »
I've tried it with attracman, reflect, cools, and basic. I've also wiped out the folder entirely and re-extracted the zip file, so I have a clean install. The version number on the copyright in the menu does say 1.5.3, so I've got the right version. I've tested on an Intel integrated video and nVidia GTX 960.

EDIT: Oh snap yes as suggested in the github ticket, the 32 bit works perfectly. I have no problem using this, thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:53:42 AM by CapnBry »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 04:15:36 AM »
1.5.3 is out? Or am I just misunderstanding something from your conversation?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 10:22:03 PM »
Ok great that helps me to know it is only on 64-bit windows that it is acting up now.  Thanks.

verion yes there is a 1.5.3, it doesn't add anything new though unless you are trying to run multi-monitor on Windows or are having problems with UNC filepaths.

I didn't get around to announcing it due to the reports that it hasn't fixed all the problems with multi-monitor. 

It's posted here: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/releases/tag/v1.5.3

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »
Aha, thanks, but I don't even have a windows machine :) except the virtual one that I'm keeping handy in VirtualBox.