Author Topic: retro pie thouhgt.....  (Read 1903 times)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
retro pie thouhgt.....
« on: December 20, 2019, 05:52:47 PM »
not mutch to read here ....but i still think  that there should be a retro pie thread dedicated..

to separate it from pc...     

bump.....   i am pc,   ya i have a pie ,,   but iv got  blast 16 on it and it rocks..

when i want somthing,  great for me im all pc...for emulation..

just a thought......... :o
help a friend....

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: retro pie thouhgt.....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 01:29:23 AM »

Because of the development hiatus, there has been some attention towards other front-ends. The following alternate frontends can be installed from experimental packages of the RetroPie Setup-Script but support is currently only preliminary.

Attract-Mode (site)
mehstation (site)
Pegasus (site)

The retropie team does not support attract. This creates issues. There is many modified images of modified images. I can create a setup using Raspbian lite faster than I can diagnose an issue no one knows about. Perhaps a generic pi subforum wouldn't be a bad idea.

iOtero

• View Profile
Re: retro pie thouhgt.....
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 06:33:37 AM »
Well, I'm going to give my personal opinion, and i hope nobody gets offended.
I believe that this forum should not deal with anything related to Retropie, which already has its own forum...
I don't go to the Retropie forum to ask questions about Attract-Mode, it would be a mistake for me to do so. Retropie is not designed to use Attract-Mode. They have forced it, and they have not been very well. They do not install Attract-Mode in a normal way, but as if it were another EmulationStation... Using unnecessary files and changing things and using many symbolic links...
Coming to this forum to discuss Retropie issues is like taking a Mercedes car to which everything has been changed, engine, sheet metal, paint, tires, aesthetics... that is, except the plate that puts Mercedes, to the official service of Mercedes.
Using Attract-Mode with Rasbian and RetroArch on a Raspberry pi works much better and faster than under Retropie. I have checked it personally.
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero