Author Topic: macOS Catalina key repeat issues [FIXED]  (Read 1760 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
macOS Catalina key repeat issues [FIXED]
« on: July 02, 2020, 12:39:46 AM »
I know, it was a bad idea to update from Mojave to Catalina, but I needed to, and I was really surprised to see that Attract Mode seemed to work perfectly from the start! But... after further checking here it comes the hideous issue: key repeat is basically non-existent, and when I look at the attract log I see

"We got a keyboard without any keys (1)"

on the console output. Anyone with catalina can give me an hand? Also, when I add Attract Mode app to the accessibility preferences so it can access full disk etc, it's shown as AttradeMode. Weird :O
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:29:24 AM by zpaolo11x »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: macOS Catalina key repeat issues
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 01:29:05 AM »
Fixed!

I did like this and it got fixed, maybe there are other ways to fix it but this worked:

- Run XQuartz
- From the xquartz terminal go to the folder of attract mode (e.g. /Applications/AttractMode/Content/MacOS)
- Run ./attract
- As soon as you press a key you'll be asked to add "bash" to the accessibility preferences, input monitor section
- Exit Xquartz and you should be ok

[EDIT]

If you want to run ./attract from the terminal, you'll have to add terminal.app to the list of applications that have "monitor input" privileges too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:45:34 AM by zpaolo11x »

Damon-HP

• View Profile
Re: macOS Catalina key repeat issues [FIXED]
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 02:24:57 PM »
Thank you very much for your trick! I was being mad to solve this issue. Thank a lot again  ;)