Author Topic: Crashing  (Read 3347 times)

clockman

• View Profile
Crashing
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:00:52 AM »
So on my windows xp laptop with a gma950 attractmode runs perfect. But on my windows 7 desktop and my second windows 7 desktop it says Graphical front-end for command line emulators has stoped working. On one desktop it says that when i start it and the other desktop top is fine till i press enter then it says it. What can this be?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 09:08:22 AM »
Does this happen from the cmd line or launching from the desktop. If you run am from the cmd line what kind of error msg do you get, if any. Also, have you tried running it with administrator or in winxp compatibility mode? Is this 32bit or 64bit?

clockman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 09:34:59 AM »
I'm running it from the desktop and the minute i click on attractmode icon to start the frontend nothing everything freezes then i get that error. And on my xp machine i start it from the frontend also and it works perfect. No run as  administrator needed.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »
I just did a quick test of rc3 on win7 and it's working for me. So, just make sure that your not trying to run the 64bit version on a 32b OS by accident.  Also, you could try rolling back to an older version to see if the problem still persist.

If none of those suggestions works, you might start looking at things like virus software. Example, zone alarm can cause apps to crash.