Author Topic: At-The-Arcade Flex (multi-resolution / multi-aspect, MAME + pinball) [Release]  (Read 24417 times)

Erg4zz4

• View Profile
Ok, then how about this: Make a transparent image, and name it to match the problem rom (for each of the ones with shorter cabinets). That way it should show nothing behind the marquee area, but only for these cabinets.

YES!!! great suggestion, now it's perfect! can't thank you enough! :D
just out of curiosity, why am i the only one having this problem? is there some configs that my mac can't read?
now back to renaming!  8)

tsaylor

• View Profile
YES!!! great suggestion, now it's perfect! can't thank you enough! :D
just out of curiosity, why am i the only one having this problem? is there some configs that my mac can't read?
now back to renaming!  8)

Nice! Looks much better.

I think this problem would appear for anyone with this type of cabinet and a generic "placeholder" image. It's a result of assuming a consistent placement for the marquee, then having cabinets of varying height. Now that you mention it, I think I did see this problem once. But in my case I removed that generic image. I suppose another option would be to make a generic cabinet that includes the marquee, making the placeholder marquee unnecessary.

joelsaacks

• View Profile
Hi,

Love this front-end. Is it possible to show the game name or something like that in place of a missing marquee ?
I have most of them but I am missing quite a few. The "?" is ok though if its not possible.

tsaylor

• View Profile
Hi,

Love this front-end. Is it possible to show the game name or something like that in place of a missing marquee ?
I have most of them but I am missing quite a few. The "?" is ok though if its not possible.
Thanks! Unfortunately there is no option in the theme to do this. It could be added with additional coding, but I'm not currently spending any time on this theme, sorry (I'm building a full pinball cabinet so that's currently taking up all of my "hobby" time). I do agree that it would be better to provide this feature, and the same goes for the wheel when an image is missing.

giantsean

• View Profile
Hi!  First off, thank you sincerely for all this great work!

This may be the world's dumbest question but some of these options are more trial and error than intuitive :D

I am using ATA as a launcher for multiple emulators including Visual Pinball X.  In VPX folders I created a "pincabs" folder, updated the cfg file, and located cabinet art.  The cabs design displays properly but the backglass portion only shows the generic "Mame Arcade" logo.  All the pincabs PNG files have backglass images as part of the file but this portion is somehow being covered by the generic.  Is there a trick to display them properly and/or avoid the generic one from appearing?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 10:54:25 PM by giantsean »

RjamesC

• View Profile

I am using ATA as a launcher for multiple emulators including Visual Pinball X.  In VPX folders I created a "pincabs" folder, updated the cfg file, and located cabinet art.  The cabs design displays properly but the backglass portion only shows the generic "Mame Arcade" logo.  All the pincabs PNG files have backglass images as part of the file but this portion is somehow being covered by the generic.  Is there a trick to display them properly and/or avoid the generic one from appearing?

Thanks!

In my vpx i have the backglass in a marquee folder , my layout seems to pull it from there even though its not listed in the cfg file.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 07:55:32 AM by RjamesC »

tsaylor

• View Profile
The layout does pull those backglass images from the "marquee" location (basically treating pinball backglass the same as a video game marquee). Typically you'd have a definition for marquee in your cfg file, but I think AttractMode will also look for a folder by that name if the definition isn't there. For example, my pinball cfg file has this line:

artwork    marquee         $PROGDIR/menu-art/pinball/backglass

Ryugah

• View Profile
this theme is pretty great but i cant put to work the cabinets.

i put the thing where the instruction says "Arcade\menu-art\mame\cabinets" but no results for me :(

Ryugah

• View Profile
nevermind i got it