Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547754 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.6 [Release] Updated 21 July 2020
« Reply #1020 on: August 11, 2020, 06:48:15 AM »
no matter how many games you add to favorites, when you take them out, there will always be 1 in favorites, the last one never goes out of favorites.

This is true if you are using a filter with favourites, and it's a consequence of the way Arcadeflow manages favourites which is not exactly what Attract Mode does. In my tests if I add or remove favourites the filter is not correctly updated until I restart Arcadeflow. I'll see if I can fix that...

alucard

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 15, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
August is not a month for relaxing, but for working hard! Here is a sneak preview of what the new Arcadeflow will bring: free aspect ratio of _everything_ (no more cropping) and smooth morphing of box arts into videos. No artwork stretching, with proper glow and shadow following the morph...

https://youtu.be/jnS8-g5jE2Y

Many thanks for the efforts!
Exactly as expected  8)

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 16, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »
August is not a month for relaxing, but for working hard! Here is a sneak preview of what the new Arcadeflow will bring: free aspect ratio of _everything_ (no more cropping) and smooth morphing of box arts into videos. No artwork stretching, with proper glow and shadow following the morph...

https://youtu.be/jnS8-g5jE2Y

What a beauty!
What I would like to see is to have buttons with proper states, with active, pressed, etc, let's say a favorite/star button and moving between them. Is that possible in attract even? I know that the way attract handles inputs restricts many things.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 16, 2020, 07:17:04 PM »
When this works, it's beautiful. It occasionally will just show big text, and most of the time I have to go to the right about 3 pages of games before the display looks correct.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1024 on: August 17, 2020, 12:33:52 AM »
When this works, it's beautiful. It occasionally will just show big text, and most of the time I have to go to the right about 3 pages of games before the display looks correct.

This is not good, when does it happen? Maybe when you change a display? When you launch Attract Mode with Arcadeflow does it work correctly?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1025 on: August 17, 2020, 12:45:32 AM »
What I would like to see is to have buttons with proper states, with active, pressed, etc, let's say a favorite/star button and moving between them. Is that possible in attract even? I know that the way attract handles inputs restricts many things.

I get your point, I think it should be feasible, but I'm not sure where this could be useful in Arcadeflow... maybe on the on-screen keyboard? Or generally for every item you can select, like the pop-up context menu?

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 17, 2020, 12:18:41 PM »

This is not good, when does it happen? Maybe when you change a display? When you launch Attract Mode with Arcadeflow does it work correctly?

I want to do a fresh install and see if it still happens. Where do you go via Arcadeflow to configure all the controls...like the navigation left right up down....I didn't see that option.

Thanks.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1027 on: August 18, 2020, 01:06:37 AM »
I want to do a fresh install and see if it still happens. Where do you go via Arcadeflow to configure all the controls...like the navigation left right up down....I didn't see that option.

You can open Arcadeflow options going "up" from the first row of icons and then selecting from the menu, or use the "Layout Options" shortcut of Attract Mode directly.
You can't customize the navigation controls: left/right on the joystick/keyboard will always move left and right, same with up and down. You can customize these in Attract Mode but Arcadeflow will override that setting. You can customize special buttons though, to call menus or activate box artwork...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.7 [Release] Updated 18 August 2020
« Reply #1028 on: August 18, 2020, 01:50:18 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.7 is out!

As anticipated, the most important new feature is "aspect ratio freedom" and smooth morph between box art and game snap. This implied huge changes under the hood so I hope there are not too many bugs...

Actually, for reasons related to the manage of custom sized shadows, aspect is limited from 0.25 to 4.0, then it will be cropped, but 4.0 is wide enough that most Mame marquees will fit, if you'll ever want to use them as box art :D The animation from vertical to horizontal aspect is as smooth as I could get it, using a "squircle" like path to move between aspects.

Hope you'll enjoy the new version, have fun!

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 18, 2020, 12:58:46 PM »

I get your point, I think it should be feasible, but I'm not sure where this could be useful in Arcadeflow... maybe on the on-screen keyboard? Or generally for every item you can select, like the pop-up context menu?

Yep, you've got what I meant. But ultimately, I would love to have something on the edge to move between systems, vertically, not via popup menu. Even just some dots.

Just tested the newest version, that snap transformation feature is amazing, just the animation when it returns back is too slow for me.

Also, video/snap previews are bugged in history panel, they play fine for some and for some they're corrupted ort stop right after starting, they all play fine in grid. [ might be my sys though, upgraded mesa recently, gonna check ]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 01:22:38 PM by tvsht »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1030 on: August 19, 2020, 12:50:34 AM »
Just tested the newest version, that snap transformation feature is amazing, just the animation when it returns back is too slow for me.

I agree, that happens because at the moment transformation is tied to fade in/out of the video, I plan to "decouple" it so that the transformation has its own timing

Also, video/snap previews are bugged in history panel, they play fine for some and for some they're corrupted ort stop right after starting, they all play fine in grid. [ might be my sys though, upgraded mesa recently, gonna check ]

What kind of corruption do you see? Also if you can share one of the videos that gives the problem I can have a look at it.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 19, 2020, 05:53:04 PM »
Uniform "enabled" not found in shader

Not sure what's causing the above error, but I thought I'd share.

Is there an option for overview text to be justified?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:24:57 PM by bionictoothpick »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1032 on: August 20, 2020, 03:29:14 AM »
Uniform "enabled" not found in shader

This is a glsl shader error, probably something I forgot along the way, that's not so important and shouldn't impact performance. Debugging glsl shaders is a nightmare :D

Is there an option for overview text to be justified?

Hmm I don't think there's such an option in Attract Mode... maybe I should write my on justification routine... maybe NOT :D :D :D

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 20, 2020, 03:47:09 AM »
The overview text is displayed centered at the moment, I figured it was just something like changing a C too a J.

Thanks for this theme by the way. It's really the first theme I've used that is screen agnostic.

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 21, 2020, 03:57:20 AM »
Hello Paolo, first of all THANKS for the big work as always ...

I have a little question : every time i start AM, Arcadeflow generate screenshots named "frostgrab1.png" in AM main folder ... So i delete the pics , but when i restart again AM the pics are generated again ...

So i have tried to deselect Arcadeflow and AM don't generate the pics ...

It's a bug or something ?? anyway, it's not important, your Layout is AWESOME !!!

have a nice day !!