Author Topic: SNES Classic Theme  (Read 32084 times)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: SNES Classic Theme
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »
thanks for the link....peace  good stuff
help a friend....

caminiti45

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »
If you try this on a pi3b+, let me know how it runs.

thanks for the link....peace  good stuff

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
FIRST READ NOTES:

Code: [Select]
A few quick notes:

-Thanks to Davbarc for making the NES Classic Theme this is based off of.

-[b]This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+[/b], but let me know if it does. I recommend using this theme in attract mode for windows.

-Use the snes-buttons.jpg file as a reference for setting up the controller buttons in attract mode. Shoulder buttons, X and Y can be whatever you want.

-Place the files in the borders folder in retroarch/overlays/borders. You will need to configure a hot key in retroarch if you would like to change them on the fly.

-Keep artwork file sizes small. The ones that get scraped are huge. Use an image resizer to reduce their size.

-Place the files in the sounds folder in yourattractmodefolder/sounds. One is the menu music and the others are navigation sounds. These will need to be setup manually in attract mode.

-This is by no means perfect. I was a total noob when I attempted this project. If you get it working smoother and more accurately, please share with the group.

-Have fun!

-Caminiti45

This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+
help a friend....

caminiti45

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2018, 04:41:00 AM »
Yes I am well aware of the notes I wrote for my own theme. I'm just looking for a little feedback since I never actually tried it on the b+.

FIRST READ NOTES:

Code: [Select]
A few quick notes:

-Thanks to Davbarc for making the NES Classic Theme this is based off of.

-[b]This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+[/b], but let me know if it does. I recommend using this theme in attract mode for windows.

-Use the snes-buttons.jpg file as a reference for setting up the controller buttons in attract mode. Shoulder buttons, X and Y can be whatever you want.

-Place the files in the borders folder in retroarch/overlays/borders. You will need to configure a hot key in retroarch if you would like to change them on the fly.

-Keep artwork file sizes small. The ones that get scraped are huge. Use an image resizer to reduce their size.

-Place the files in the sounds folder in yourattractmodefolder/sounds. One is the menu music and the others are navigation sounds. These will need to be setup manually in attract mode.

-This is by no means perfect. I was a total noob when I attempted this project. If you get it working smoother and more accurately, please share with the group.

-Have fun!

-Caminiti45

This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2021, 12:39:59 PM »
Just a question regarding the placement of folders for the Pi 4B. Where should the borders and sounds folders go? I am guessing that I should take the Super Nintendo US folder (inside the layouts folder) and place it inside the layouts folder within the .attract folder. I will use a program to resize all boxart pictures from the Retropie images folder to 500x500 so that I can add them to a seperate flyer folder within my SNES directory. If I am doing anything wrong, please let me know. Thanks for the effort in creating this theme and for anyone who can help.

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2021, 12:58:38 PM »
I'm still stumped. I downloaded the SNES Classic set of files for the PC to get a sense of what changes need to be made. It seems to be similar to the Pi configuration. There is one problem, however. When I change the Ambient Sound section to the Menu Music that is actually supposed to play, it interferes with the snap music for each game. I also don't hear the click for each game as I pass through them or the select noise once I choose one. Is there any way to make the snap music turn on only when you press down (so that it will turn the Main Menu music off)? I would like to return to the Main Menu music when I press up to browse the selection of games. If anyone knows what commands should be used (as well as where to add them), please let me know. Thank you.  :)

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2021, 01:28:42 PM »
I forgot to mention one other question. How do you generate the information that should appear for each game after you press the down button? Thanks again for anyone that can help.