Attract-Mode Support > General

Windows 10 vs Linux on Older Laptop HP G56

(1/3) > >>

bionictoothpick:
I have an older laptop with Intel integrated graphics. It did run windows 10, but I couldn't get opengl working without some hacks...and it caused problems.

What I'm getting to is that I installed lubuntu, compiled attractmode, and it is so much smoother...I mean it probably is running the way it is supposed too..

philby85:
For me I like the feeling of being microsoft free for my mame setup's. I am not anti microsoft but linux is stable reliable and free. I think a linux arcade based distro of linux is a winner, but most of the ones I have tried havent been updated in a while eg: GroovyArcade and Livemame cab. I recentlly tried xubuntu with attract mode and mame and it works a treat, no major hassles and quiet boot up straight into attract mode.

hermine.potter:
@bionictoothpick
for this notebook should exits a valid windows xp license already?!
i know : windows xp isn't longer supported. if you're only offline or only online for getting covers and so on, xp should do it. using windows 10 on this notebook is wasting a useful windows10-license ^-^
i use xp on my old dell d610 because:
-xp license already exists
-i use different autoit-scripts
-some emulator-systems not proper available on linux (or only with work, adjustments and modifications..)
-i came from windows front (salute to my workplace. they hold on windows  ^-^)

bionictoothpick:
@hermine.potter It has a Windows 7 Home license sticker on there...

hermine.potter:
@bionictoothpick
and that's a decison of personal preference:
If you're already from windows-side and you want to stay there, you can use it of course.
If you've a another/newer computer without a license, use it there and install linux on hp-notebook (it's free; but there is a little bit introduce work (install programs with bash and so on ... ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version