Author Topic: The Great Themes Collection v10.3.2 - Final Edition! (Updated 27 February 2021)  (Read 157190 times)

markoattract

• View Profile
Re: The Great Themes Collection v5.3 [Released!]
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2020, 02:57:52 AM »
You are Welcome !!
Glad to have helped, Yaron to improve your work ! Now it's Awesome ! :D

------- UPDATE -----------

I've tested your layouts, all works like a charm but the NEC PC ENGINE CD , where the search square is covered by the box-art . Only for your information ;) 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:13:12 AM by markoattract »

Yaron2019

« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2020, 03:34:56 AM »
------- UPDATE -----------

I've tested your layouts, all works like a charm but the NEC PC ENGINE CD , where the search square is covered by the box-art . Only for your information ;)

No it's not!  :)
Try to delete that theme and copy it fresh from the download.
What version of attract mode are you using?

If it still happens, please post a screenshot.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:44:23 AM by Yaron2019 »

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2020, 05:11:27 AM »
hi Yaron !!

I'm using 2.6.1 and as you suggested, i have deleted the layout and insert it again. But same results...

I also have deleted the layout parameters in ATTRACT.CFG file, but no results ...

here is the screenshot ...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:14:46 AM by markoattract »

Yaron2019

« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2020, 06:22:27 AM »
hi Yaron !!

I'm using 2.6.1 and as you suggested, i have deleted the layout and insert it again. But same results...

I also have deleted the layout parameters in ATTRACT.CFG file, but no results ...

here is the screenshot ...

First of all it is apparent that my retro gaming rig is far superior to yours  ;)

Second thing, attached is a layout.nut file for this theme. Try it and tell me if it works.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 06:33:32 AM by Yaron2019 »

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2020, 07:44:55 AM »
And Finally ... IT WORKS !! :D :D :D

Yaron2019

« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2020, 11:58:28 AM »
And Finally ... IT WORKS !! :D :D :D

Good! Thanks for your help testing it and making the collection better.  :)
As I found two other themes with the exact same issue (Playstation and Panasonic 3DO) I decided to re-upload the collection with all three themes fixed.

The download link has been updated:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3289.msg23120#msg23120

Cheers,
Yaron
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:02:44 PM by Yaron2019 »

MightyDodger

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2020, 01:03:04 PM »
Hello Yaron,

I just have to say, what you achieved here, is the best layout for AM, no... for whatever UI! I’m so stoked, implementing it on my Pi4. I’m a newbie to all this, but this is exactly what I want to run my arcade cabinet with! Thank you for all your hard work! I’m appreciating it so much!
Raspberry Pi4B 4GB @ 2.1GHz with Acrylic layer case and Ice Tower - Sandisk Ultra 256GB MicroSDXC - Supreme Pro - AM 2.6.1

Yaron2019

« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2020, 01:17:41 PM »
Hello Yaron,

I just have to say, what you achieved here, is the best layout for AM, no... for whatever UI! I’m so stoked, implementing it on my Pi4. I’m a newbie to all this, but this is exactly what I want to run my arcade cabinet with! Thank you for all your hard work! I’m appreciating it so much!

Super! It is very satisfying to hear that you and other forum members love my work so much! I poured a lot of time and effort into this collection.
Thank you!  8)

MightyDodger

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2020, 01:31:34 PM »
I just reached out to Marko via PM how to set it up, as I’m also running AM on a Pi4. As I said I’m really new to RetroPie and AM...  so, I hope he will help me here. Whatever path it takes I’ll give some feedback how it works out (and perhaps *sure* there will be some questions from me...)... ;D

Edit: the cabinet in the attachment will be the housing for your awesome work, hopefully finished within the next weeks... :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:42:42 PM by MightyDodger »
Raspberry Pi4B 4GB @ 2.1GHz with Acrylic layer case and Ice Tower - Sandisk Ultra 256GB MicroSDXC - Supreme Pro - AM 2.6.1

Yaron2019

« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2020, 11:25:55 PM »
I just reached out to Marko via PM how to set it up, as I’m also running AM on a Pi4. As I said I’m really new to RetroPie and AM...  so, I hope he will help me here. Whatever path it takes I’ll give some feedback how it works out (and perhaps *sure* there will be some questions from me...)... ;D

Edit: the cabinet in the attachment will be the housing for your awesome work, hopefully finished within the next weeks... :)

Looks absolutely amazing! I love the fact that you are building it yourself - very impressive.
I don't have a Pi (I have a windows 10 pc) but I will try my best to help you with the themes if issues pop-up.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:49:07 AM by Yaron2019 »

Yaron2019

Re: The Great Themes Collection v5.4 [Released!!]
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2020, 05:51:11 AM »
Hot on the heels of the last release comes version 5.4!
After playing around with attract mode's built-in filtering system I decided that the collection can better express the four most important filters:
Name, Year, Manufacturer and Favourites. Name and Year are already there so I added:

- Ability to show/hide a favourite game marker (golden star) to the left of the wheel logo or at the bottom with the game info.
- Ability to show game name with or without manufacturer name.
- Fixed a crash in the 'Commodore Amiga Forever!' theme when background image is set to "Wings" and Enable startup animation is set to "No".

These relatively small additions have a real positive impact on the user ability to manage the presentation of his games collection on screen!
As attract mode's filtering system is just awesome, there was no need to create one of my own.

Cheers,
Yaron

Demo video:
https://youtu.be/j_kKHjfxlKQ

Download link on original post page:

Left of wheel

With game info

In layout options
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:05:52 AM by Yaron2019 »

Karlosworkz

• ►►►Games Retrô Dreamâ—„â—„â—„
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2020, 12:49:20 PM »
Beautiful Yaron theme doing a great job as always thanks for sharing your knowledge.👏👏👏👏

Lindo tema Yaron fazendo um ótimo trabalho como sempre obrigado por compartilhar seu conhecimento.👏👏👏👏
Silence and a smile are two powerful weapons. The smile solves problems, silence avoids them...

Yaron2019

« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2020, 05:16:02 AM »
Beautiful Yaron theme doing a great job as always thanks for sharing your knowledge.👏👏👏👏

Lindo tema Yaron fazendo um ótimo trabalho como sempre obrigado por compartilhar seu conhecimento.👏👏👏👏

Thanks my friend!

Yaron2019

Re: The Great Themes Collection v5.5 [Released!!!]
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2020, 01:25:01 AM »
The Great Themes Collection v5.5 is here and it includes 3 main updates:

1. The collection now supports a hyperspin feature called 'Letters' - as you press the next/previous letter hotkey when navigating the wheel, the collection will now show a graphical representation of the current letter. It makes it more comfortable to navigate the wheel and it looks cool.
The user can also assign letters per system display name by adding his own letter packs to the newly formed letters folder and setting 'Enable Letters' to 'By System Display Name' from the layout options. I have included a few of these dedicated system letter packages as an example. The letters feature can be turned off as well.
Don't forget to copy the letters folder from the download and place it in your main attract folder.

2. I have re-encoded the animated backgrounds for the At-The-Arcade theme series to mp4 H264 1080p 30fps. Any device on the planet (even a Pi) should be able to run this format without a hitch!

3. I have included a dedicated font for the on-screen keyboard-search so it shows capital letters instead of lower case ones (looks better).

Cheers,
Yaron

Version 5.5 update video:
https://youtu.be/DNtiqPPX2w4

Letters

Search

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 04:45:59 AM by Yaron2019 »

Yaron2019

Re: The Great Themes Collection v5.6 [Released!!!]
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2020, 12:13:34 AM »
Release v5.5 must be one of the shortest living updates in this forum's history because release v5.6 is here and it's all about Linux compatibility!

It annoyed me that despite all my hard work, using the same frontend with the same modules with the same layouts I couldn't get the same results on linux. Animations where missing, background art was not loading, letters were not showing and even the Amiga 500 png image refused to show. So enough was enough, I had to investigate. I found out two issues:

1. Some attract mode modules don't work the same on Windows and Linux - I found two of those: 'Fade' and 'Pan-and-Scan'.
For example, 'Pan-and-Scan' has two functions: PanAndScanArt() and PanAndScanImage(). On windows PanAndScanArt() loads images both in and out of the layout folder but in linux it doesn't! In order to load images from the layout folder you must use PanAndScanImage() which is dedicated to that purpose. This is why my hovering animations didn't show when running on linux.

2. Apparently, linux is case sensitive but windows is not. For linux, "amiga500.png" and "Amiga500.png" are two different things. Luckily I had only ONE of these case sensitive issues. So the Amiga Forever! theme now works properly. As for the Leters, "a.png" and "A.png" are also distinct in linux so now all letter packs are lower case ("a.png").

So, The Great Themes Collection should now work on Windows and Linux! HURRAAA  8)

P.S
I tested with attract mode 2.6.1 on Ubuntu 20.04 VM.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:31:48 AM by Yaron2019 »