Author Topic: Focus problem using batch for pcsx2  (Read 8259 times)

markoattract

• View Profile
Re: Focus problem using batch for pcsx2
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 01:52:55 AM »
Hi all Guys and thanks again for your answers !!

Rand0m :

Rand0m , i prefer to use the batch files because some games needs DX11 and other needs OpenGL driver, so i need to load PER-GAME configs, and this is possible only with batch files. Or is possible to load configs directly from attract mode Emulator CFG ??

You can create per-game configs, You can use some thing like spectabis (easier) as launcher and use it in Am or use config files directly. I am using the following setup:

Code: [Select]
executable           D:\PlayStation 2\PCSX2 1.5.0 dev-2325 (x32)\pcsx2.exe
args                 "[romfilename]" --fullscreen --nogui --cfgpath="D:\PlayStation 2\Extras\Game Configs\[name]"

1- [name] here means that pcsx2 will look for config file with similar name to currently selected rom - a handy am function
2- Create 2-3 templates like dx11, opengl and software, it will make it easier to manage if you have large romset.
3- spectabis > https://github.com/FaithLV/Spectabis/blob/master/README.md (try not to add any flyers, large list with flyers can cause huge slowdowns)

I've tried to use spectabis Frontend in Attract mode, but no results ... When i press hotkeys to quit game, spectabis doesn't close and the game still running in background ... The only solution would be to have hotkeys for quit PCSX2 or Spectabis directly , but they don't have this feature ...

I've to try your suggestion about to load the configs with PCSX2 directly from AM, but i think it will be difficult because PCSX2 search for the image (cso in my case) and then for a Directory where are the .INI files ...     

this is the code for a single batch file :

cd /D P:\Emulation\EMULATORS\CONSOLE\PLAYSTATION 2\PCSX2 1.6.0\

pcsx2.exe "S:\Emulazione\ROMS\PS2 ISO-CSO\CSO\Armored Core 2 (PAL).cso" --nogui --cfgpath="P:\Emulation\EMULATORS\CONSOLE\PLAYSTATION 2\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3362-g9af1d3b13-windows-x86\configs\AC2PAL"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progets :

Using the NON-BLOCKING-PARAMETER, all is good , BUT i can't exit the game by the controller combo even ... AARGHHH !! i think this is the best that i can have ...

any suggestion ??

Try deleting this line from your AM configuration file and assign/use the buttons/keys inside pcsx2 to exit the emulator. This will exit pcsx2 which will then put focus back on AM (at least is does for me but I might not have the latest pcsx2).

exit_hotkey          Joy0 Button8+Joy0 Button9

I'll also mention how I run pcsx2. You can configure it 1000 different ways but here's what I do. First, I only use *.cso games, you can read about it here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2290.msg15484#msg15484.

Then I use this simple Sony PlayStation 2.cfg
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.6.1
#
executable           \Emulators\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe
args                 --nogui --fullscreen --fullboot "[romfilename]"
rompath              \Roms\Sony PlayStation 2
romext               .cso
system               Sony Playstation 2
info_source          thegamesdb.net
artwork    boxart    \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Box_3D;\EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Box
artwork    boxbackart    \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\BoxBack
artwork    cartart   \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Cart
artwork    fanart    \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Background
artwork    marquee   \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Banner
artwork    snap      \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Video_MP4_HI_QUAL;\EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Snap
artwork    title     \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Title
artwork    wheel     \EmuMovies\Sony_PlayStation_2\Logos

If you have a lot of PS2 games this saves a ton of space and loads much faster. It also eliminates the .cue and .bin, multi disc, etc. mess.

I think that if you setup the pcsx2 emulator correctly it will create per game configuration files that will be used each time you launch the game.

Settings in the emulator are just as important, if not more important, as the the AM settings.

Good luck.

As i just said, unfortunately PCSX2 don't have a feature about hotkeys to quit the emulator ... Anyway i didn't think about the emulator load the config for each game automatically ...

thank you guys for you help !!! And sorry for my annoying questions ... Have a good day ! :D