Author Topic: NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update  (Read 165544 times)

atrfate

• View Profile
Re: NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
You can load any system its just a matter of artwork, mame works fairly well due to maquees working as wheel images.

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2017, 11:20:29 PM »
Hi Bro,

How about the games must put into the fold of games or I can use different directory?
Another problem I have notice is once we exit the game and back to AM , it does not go back to full screen resolution instead it remain as per the game , therefore one side of AM become hidden
You can place your games where ever you like and define, by the pc game moduel inside rocketlauncher

and to answer 2:

Depends on the game really, some games do break resolution others do not their is 3 Solutions To fixing this issue that i know off the top of my head.

1st Solution is to turn on Res Fix inside AMs default plugins this will force AM to redraw everytime you load any game this can be annoying for some since not all games break res and this is gobal

2nd Method, Force the game to run in native resolution so a Res change never happens, this can be tricky to do as you need custom dlls to enforce some games to do what you like and it can be a pain

3rd Method Use Resfix Inside rocket-launcher as a post game application Rocketlauncher has the ability to run applications after a game is no longer active you can then turn on the res fix feature to fix and restore resolution

Personally I use method 2and 3 for those I cannot use method 2 on, however for you with out knowing ahk or knowledge of other things using method 1 is prolly the easist

SIMPLY AUSTIN

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2017, 06:51:46 AM »
This just gets better and better :D

shitoken

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2017, 07:57:04 AM »
Hi Bro,

How about the games must put into the fold of games or I can use different directory?
Another problem I have notice is once we exit the game and back to AM , it does not go back to full screen resolution instead it remain as per the game , therefore one side of AM become hidden
You can place your games where ever you like and define, by the pc game moduel inside rocketlauncher

and to answer 2:

Depends on the game really, some games do break resolution others do not their is 3 Solutions To fixing this issue that i know off the top of my head.

1st Solution is to turn on Res Fix inside AMs default plugins this will force AM to redraw everytime you load any game this can be annoying for some since not all games break res and this is gobal

2nd Method, Force the game to run in native resolution so a Res change never happens, this can be tricky to do as you need custom dlls to enforce some games to do what you like and it can be a pain

3rd Method Use Resfix Inside rocket-launcher as a post game application Rocketlauncher has the ability to run applications after a game is no longer active you can then turn on the res fix feature to fix and restore resolution

Personally I use method 2and 3 for those I cannot use method 2 on, however for you with out knowing ahk or knowledge of other things using method 1 is prolly the easist

Hi Bro
Method 1 is the easiest and solved the problem.
Why don't you use method 1 too is less headache.

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
Hi Bro,

and to answer 2:

Hi Bro
Method 1 is the easiest and solved the problem.
Why don't you use method 1 too is less headache.

i personally dislike when res changes happen, as it makes my moniter show the no signal for a second, so my own personal method is to force all games into a window and then i made a scirpt to resize them to native res :D so i did quite a bit more

but really its personal preference

shitoken

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2017, 08:36:36 PM »
Since you know how to do it is easy for you for me is like a hell haha.

Recently I have started to rename the Hyperspin NesicaXLive.XML to match the game titles as your romlist, because I am using my default RL and not the one in your pack reason is I was facing some problems in fail of launching some of the games. With messages like you have not set the game in your RL. Once I renamed few games in the Hyperspin XML the games launches fine. But I have to go thru 1 by 1 to rename / I checked your old posts that RL does not need Hyperspin Nesica XML if is using AM rom list. But I cant see anything in RL under games. Plugins are all set.

So my question is what I am doing above to rename XML is right path? Because I doubt RL will not read the romlist if is not in the AM Folder ?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:38:59 PM by shitoken »

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2017, 07:46:33 AM »
You dont use your own rocket-launcher
You can have 2 instances of it at different locations if you are using muliple Fe's its hard to setup a single one correctly, because rocket-launcher needs its own plugin to work wih AM/hyper-spin ect

this is why you are better off just having 2 locations for RL the one provided is able to properly read AM romlist. this is also the only way to get the fully functional loading screen game logo image working.

however with everything their are options.

You can use

http://www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-xml.htm

To convert my Romlist into a hyperspin romlist. quickly on mass you just need to setup a template to do so.
Code: [Select]
<game name="{f1}" index="" image="">
<description>{f2}</description>
<cloneof></cloneof>
<crc>{f11}</crc>
<manufacturer>{f6}</manufacturer>
<year>{f5}</year>
<genre>{f7}</genre>
<rating></rating>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
</game>
Should give you This

Code: [Select]
<game name="3D Cosplay Mahjong" index="" image="">
<description>3D Cosplay Mahjong</description>
<cloneof></cloneof>
<crc>401300</crc>
<manufacturer>TechArts</manufacturer>
<year>2014</year>
<genre>Mahjong</genre>
<rating></rating>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
</game>
<game name="Akai Katana Shin" index="" image="">
<description>Akai Katana Shin</description>
<cloneof></cloneof>
<crc>302201</crc>
<manufacturer>Cave</manufacturer>
<year>2012</year>
<genre>Shmup</genre>
<rating></rating>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
</game>

Keep in mind while do this you lose any ability to display real time information that only AM supports inside Rocketlauncher these include displaying logos during loading play count japnease title text number of buttons used in game Ect only during loading of course

But alias you can use this template to convert any of my AM list to Hyper-spin list.

shitoken

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 07:44:08 PM »
 :)Huge thanks to you bro, good to learn more about AM.
I got it all working by converting to HS XML, but I will also the alternative way you mentioned above to use RL provided for less headaches. ;D

Why I am importing frontend to use with Hyperspin for some systems instead of using hyperspin themes because it has the feel of real cabinet from japan with creative designers sitting in this forum.

kita24

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »
Hi, please could somebody help me get this frontend and Nesica to actually play games? I followed the advice and downloaded the files from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFXUiSho9qE

But nothing was set up properly and I found Rocketlauncer seemed to be fighting against me and I was left in a blubbering mess  :(

I'm by no means a newcomer to emulation, and would really like to give the Nesica games a good play, but am completely lost as towards what I need to get and do for this to happen.

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2017, 12:00:01 AM »
Unfortunately I cannot provide you with assistance is running what you are asking for,

Funny Enough This theme was made months before those games where released, It was kinda like Xmas day for me when I saw them that being said,
For games that are classified as Pc - Titles.

You can either natively load the pc title form command-line with Attract mode directly.
Or you can use rocket-launcher to launch pc titles/Emulators.

their are plenty of videos on you-tube explaining how to launch games with rocketlauncher.

shitoken

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2017, 08:16:23 PM »
Hi Artfate

Finally all the work is done and thanks for your theme, hope that you will release your update soon.

Here is how my hyperspin and attractmode work together like husband & wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-niRct23g-Y

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »
Looks Awesome! It dose appear that some of the fonts are missing tho, you can find them in the fonts part of the layout. once you install them it should fix all your text placement issue.

tommiegunz

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2017, 02:10:13 PM »
everytime i leave the game when it get back to the theme it's all outta frame and i have to change the window in options to get it back in full screen....can anyone help me with this

[attachment deleted by admin]

prefix

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »
everytime i leave the game when it get back to the theme it's all outta frame and i have to change the window in options to get it back in full screen....can anyone help me with this
Try enabling the ResFix plugin in AM. That might help.

tommiegunz

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »
thx it worked    :)