Author Topic: Amiga emulators setup for attractmode?  (Read 11263 times)

sosimple

• View Profile
Amiga emulators setup for attractmode?
« on: January 16, 2020, 06:13:34 AM »
Hi. I am probably oftopic, as the forum is for attractmode, and my question is not 100% for this, but as i haven't registration to more appropriate site, I'll ask it here.
I have mame, amstrad, pinball emu, setup and working fine in attractmode and now I try to add Amiga.
I setup winuae, downloaded some game rom, and kickstart files, and it works ok, i can play.

But after searching here, i found out that i need FS-UAE emulator to use it from attractmode..
So my real problem is that i can't make FS-UAE to work.. I setup it, watching some video in utube, i do exactly the same. I use for kickstart files the same i used in winuae, and same .adf games rom (as floppy) which all worked in winuae. But when press start button in fs-uae emulator, i get the window "FS-UAE- Amiga 500", i hear sound of floppy drive and see a white picture with a blue disk which write amiga workbench v1. 3 and nothing else. It stay there.
 I have spent many hours trying everything. In YouTube videos it boots in game.

Is there a problem with kickstart files? I read somewhere (but i am not sure i have understood well) that in fs-uae i need to buy the kickstart roms, and they need to have a rom.key in the kickstart folder?  I don't have that rom.key but winuae was working..
If anyone knows.. Many thanks.

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Amiga emulators setup for attractmode?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:56:24 AM »
It happened exactly the same to me, after so many headaches or reluctantly relinquished, but I would also be interested in solving the problem.  >:(
Mame Fighting

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:22:05 AM »
Thanks for the reply.. At least i am not alone..  :)
 Is there anyone who use amiga in attractmode? How did you succeed?

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 03:54:09 PM »
I have. And I'll get you the info.

The games below were the reason I spent the time getting it to work:

Archon
Fire Power
Gridiron by Bethesda
One on One
_____

executable           addons/WinUAELoader/WinUAELoader
args                 -mode auto -rom "[romfilename]"
rompath              ..\..\..\attractmode\addons\WinUAELoader\WHD\
romext               .zip;.adf
system               Amiga
artwork    flyer           ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/snap
artwork    marquee         ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/marquee
artwork    snap            ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/snap
artwork    wheel           ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/wheel

And I used this: https://headsoftware.net/index.php?category=winuaeloader
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 04:21:10 AM by bionictoothpick »

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 04:59:33 AM »
I have. And I'll get you the info.

The games below were the reason I spent the time getting it to work:

Archon
Fire Power
Gridiron by Bethesda
One on One
_____

executable           addons/WinUAELoader/WinUAELoader
args                 -mode auto -rom "[romfilename]"
rompath              ..\..\..\attractmode\addons\WinUAELoader\WHD\
romext               .zip;.adf
system               Amiga
artwork    flyer           ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/snap
artwork    marquee         ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/marquee
artwork    snap            ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/snap
artwork    wheel           ../../attractmode/scraper/amiga/wheel

And I used this: https://headsoftware.net/index.php?category=winuaeloader

Many thanks man.. I'll try this. I didn't know this program. Winuae do works so i think i have more luck by using this. I will ask in this thread if i stuck anywhere.

I had amstrad cpc back then.. Amiga was always a dream.. :)
I have downloaded all gamerome i had in amstrad to see how they look in amiga, and some others.
There is a video in utube with most amiga games. It is 7 hours long!! It show 10 seconds of every game.
I didn't see 7 hours, (but probably 2 hours) i was fast forward what i was not interested in, but i selected 200 games from there to download..
After all this work, selecting from all those games, finding the rom and the videosnap, i should complete the project although i wont play.

One question : Many games are in .adf format (floppy disc image) 2-3 disks.
I had chose fs-uae because you could set a list. So you coul have one game name for every game to compine with one videosnap and use it in attract mode. Does winuae loade using a similar approach?  Or should i download the games in hard disk format (whdload format i think it is named) which i don't have..
I have all games in .adf format.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:15:21 AM by sosimple »

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 07:50:57 AM »
Ok , I found something importand. I had download game roms (.adf) from archive.org site. They was working with winuae. But wasnt with FS-UAE.
I try redownload from https://www.planetemu.net/roms/commodore-amiga-games-adf?page=A and find out that those roms ARE WORKING with FS-UAE !!
I think that from archive.org are original files, while from planetemu are hacked somehow , and fs-uae doesnt working with oriinal adf.
I think that if i re download the files from there my problem will be solved, if i want to go with fs-uae method but i will consider winuae loader method also.
Thanks all for the help, and i hope it will be usefull to others.

Neosys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:40:52 AM »
@sosimple
I use winuae with the winuae loader and only hd files. ahead you have only one file for all games and the games load a lot faster.
everything works perfectly.  ;)

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 11:25:23 AM »
@sosimple
I use winuae with the winuae loader and only hd files. ahead you have only one file for all games and the games load a lot faster.
everything works perfectly.  ;)
I know , it is probably the best solultion but havent succed in load other files than adf. What format do i need for hd files? hdf? or iha , ipf ?
Should I f first create a virtual hd in amiga, as i show in a video? I never had amiga so i dont know the os.
Any link to download a gamerom in hd format which work? Should i setup something in winuae?

For now i use fs-uae , adf floppy files but i have setup floppy to maximum speed by uae_floppy_speed = 0
It is a working alternative . Probably worse but i wont add many games so i can live with this for now. But in future i may change things.

Edit..
Ok i found how to run in fs-uae launcher hd games. (. Iha). The problem was i had setup amiga 500.
It needs to setup amiga 1200 after all.. How to know that?...
One thing i solve, another problem is created.. By loading floppy disks, i fould save state (so i could load a game from where i saved it before. This way i could load very fast a game also, as by loading saved state, it loaded from where i was in previous time, so no nag scenes etc).
But by loading hd files this option is disabled.. I googled it and found out there is not a solution for this :
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80860

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 05:29:42 AM by sosimple »

Neosys

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 11:54:19 AM »
Hi. look at that.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/28969-a-perfect-commodore-amiga-winuaeloader-exe-aviable/page/3/

the user Locutus74 has probably found a solution, but with winuae, winuae loader and whdload.

tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work. damned.

PS: in winuae you have to convert the games from .lha to amiga conform .zip so that winuae loader can handle it.

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 04:18:14 AM »
Hi. look at that.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/28969-a-perfect-commodore-amiga-winuaeloader-exe-aviable/page/3/

the user Locutus74 has probably found a solution, but with winuae, winuae loader and whdload.

tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work. damned.

PS: in winuae you have to convert the games from .lha to amiga conform .zip so that winuae loader can handle it.
Thanks.. I'll read it. Didn't expected that complicated amiga support.. For now i don't have much free time actually.
Thanks all for the help.

dmmarti

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 07:22:36 AM »
The P-UAE core within Retroarch has been getting alot of updates lately.

It works great using *.hdf files.

You have to have the kickstarts and the WHDLoad.prefs files all named and placed into the \system folder ... but once you have it setup, *.hdf files work great.

If you're a Retroarch user, this lends itself to easy controller setup and the other added options Retroarch has as well.

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »
I still experiment with fs-uae. I actually find many benefits to this that probably wasnt in past as anyone was using winuae i suppose..
anyway, I can run it through attractmode by this (I am not an expert, there may be a better way). I use a portable version of FS-UAE, windows 10.

executable         D:\sosimple\Portaible\MAME\Amiga\FS-UAE\Launcher.exe
args             "D:\sosimple\Portaible\MAME\Amiga\FS-UAE\Configurations\[name].fs-uae"   
workdir               D:\sosimple\Portaible\MAME\Amiga\FS-UAE\Configurations\
rompath               D:\sosimple\Portaible\MAME\Amiga\FS-UAE\Configurations\
romext               .lha;.adf.zip.fs-uae;<DIR>
system       Amiga
info_source  thegamesdb.net
exit_hotkey  Escape
artwork    snap           D:\sosimple\Portaible\MAME\Amiga\snap;  D:\sosimple\Portaible\MAME\Amiga\VideoSnaps

It works excellent . I dont actually load the real file (which maybe .Iha, .adf etc, but i call the .fs-uae file that Fs-UAE emu create from the list of games i have inside FS-UAE emu. So some games are in .adf, others in .Iha, all works.

The problem: Videosnap sound doesn't stop when game start.. I also have the same problem in FuturePinball emulator, which i load in a siminar way through attractmode.
If anyone has a solution for this..
I also can't return to attractmode with a button eg escape, but i havent try much on this yet.

thanks,

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 04:50:20 PM »
The problem: Videosnap sound doesn't stop when game start.. I also have the same problem in FuturePinball emulator, which i load in a siminar way through attractmode.

Configure-->Emulators--><emulator_name>-->Non-Blocking Wait Mode = x
x = seconds to wait

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 12:01:59 AM »

Configure-->Emulators--><emulator_name>-->Non-Blocking Wait Mode = x
x = seconds to wait
Ok thanks! That was easy after all.

I now only need to exit game. I think this will not as easy as in amiga every game has a different key to exit..

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 06:35:40 AM »
I have found that in keyboard F12 + Q exit emuator fs-uae. I try to set this to a button in my gamepad. In folder fs-uae/controllers there are 2 configuration txt.
[default]
include = universal_gamepad
axis_0_neg = dpad_left
axis_0_pos = dpad_right
axis_4_neg = dpad_up
axis_4_pos = dpad_down
button_0 = south_button
button_2 = east_button
button_3 = west_button
button_8 = select_button
button_9 = menu_button

I try to charge button_8
I set button_8 = action_key_f10
to test if it will send f10 key as i read in fs-uae site, but doesn't work.
Also i read joystick_0_button_0 = action_quit
also doesnt work. I tried
button_8 = action_quit
also doesn't work..

If anyone knows how to do it.