Author Topic: "copying" a complete system out of one frontend to another frontend... issues  (Read 1764 times)

rloxley

• View Profile
Hey volks :-)
I am using the Vintage Collection frontend from HarrisonHacks as my main "system" and i am fine with it. As other systems like "CP78", "Motion Blue" etc have more/other systems integrated, i would like to "transform" them into my Vintage Collection. Goal is to combine them and get an "all-in-one"-System. As "CP78" uses rocketlauncher for (almost?) all emulators, i run into some difficulties trying to import a system into my vintage collection and get it to work flawlessly...
I copied the "emulator".cfg, the romlist, the menu-art in attract-folder, made a display entry in attract.cfg, copied the whole "rom" folder including menu-art into my vintage collection/Games-folder, changed all paths to the right direction and, if needed, the new emulator to Vintage Collection/Systems-folder. But it seems, i am "always" missing some rocketlaucher and/or emu "configs"...

Could you please guide me on what rocketlauncher-files to copy and/or modify for one system to achive that? Am i missing something else?

thank you so much :-)

hermine.potter

• View Profile
To get it working, it's probably the best, to seperate your plan in two steps:

Step 1:
Get your romfiles, artworks working in AM (without rocketlauncher):
Like here

Overwrite autogenerated artwork, with your artwork to scraper folder (it's necessary, that folder got same name like display-name. And artwork-names got same name like romfile-name.
your_AM_folder\scraper\your_display_name\flyer, wheel and so on

Step 2:
get it working with rocketlauncher:
Like here
Please note the rocketlauncher plugin in AM:
start AM > press TAB-key > Plug-Ins > RocketLauncher
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM