Author Topic: Version 2.2.0 Released  (Read 30253 times)

graf

• View Profile
Re: Version 2.2.0 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 12:13:24 AM »
is this version upated for the raspberry pi image too ?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 10:31:14 PM »
Having a hell of a time trying to get mmal to work still just following the wiki. For those who have this working, do you get a result when you run ffmpeg -codecs | grep mmal ? Thats something that seemed needed previously but I cannot get it to show up with --enabled-shared on. And no matter what I do and recompiling Attractmode each time, I can't get MMAL to show up on the decoder menu.  Is there any dependencies that might not be listed or.. I don't know, things I should remove? This is an oldish setup (Everything is up to date, but its seen endless amounts of tweaking and testing and package removal and reinstallation so I imagine there could be something small and stupid I'm missing)

Make sure you have removed any previous ffmpeg or libav packages you may have installed previously before building ffmpeg yourself.  It might be that you have a conflicting ffmpeg package that attractmode is linking to

To confirm what ffmpeg attract-mode is getting, run
Code: [Select]
attract --version and compare the version of avcodec against the version of ffmpeg that you are compiling with mmal enabled

hope this helps

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 10:31:49 PM »
OS X package is now updated to 2.2 on the download page

Kayin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 01:31:04 AM »
Having a hell of a time trying to get mmal to work still just following the wiki. For those who have this working, do you get a result when you run ffmpeg -codecs | grep mmal ? Thats something that seemed needed previously but I cannot get it to show up with --enabled-shared on. And no matter what I do and recompiling Attractmode each time, I can't get MMAL to show up on the decoder menu.  Is there any dependencies that might not be listed or.. I don't know, things I should remove? This is an oldish setup (Everything is up to date, but its seen endless amounts of tweaking and testing and package removal and reinstallation so I imagine there could be something small and stupid I'm missing)

Make sure you have removed any previous ffmpeg or libav packages you may have installed previously before building ffmpeg yourself.  It might be that you have a conflicting ffmpeg package that attractmode is linking to

To confirm what ffmpeg attract-mode is getting, run
Code: [Select]
attract --version and compare the version of avcodec against the version of ffmpeg that you are compiling with mmal enabled

hope this helps

A bit, clearing out some old bits helped things along a bit where MMAL will show up in decoders but won't show anything. This was after compiling it without --enabled-shared (which is... probably why it didn't work but doing it with that flag doesn't show the 264 MMAL codec). So I guess my question here to make sure of everything is... What does "ffmpeg -codecs | grep mmal" return in a working build? Because if the results are supposed to be different I'll at least know to stop barking up that tree.

(alternatively, can we get a deb or binaries? >_>;)