Author Topic: Issue with lr-mame 2010 in attract mode  (Read 2390 times)

Sam1Cohen

• View Profile
Issue with lr-mame 2010 in attract mode
« on: March 11, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
I am running Ken's 64gb image and under emulation station I updated all packages and added mam2010 (my rom set is built to use this).
In ES I have no issues getting my roms to read this but in attract mode I can't figure out how to change the default emulator
I have an arcade emulator that's set up to use adv mame and I want to change it to mame 2010 but I can't find the path where it was installed.
Anyone know where it was put (I installed it from the retropie install menu).
I think all I need to do is change the emulator settings to look for that mame folder but I am not sure, should I have more options when I try to load a rom?  How do I get attract mode to see all the emulators that ES has?>

estefan3112

• View Profile
    • Retrogaming on my Mac
Re: Issue with lr-mame 2010 in attract mode
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »
Hi, for changing the default emulator you have to head for the runcommand options. Typically by pressing the A button at startup of a game. This of course requires that you are allowed to do so (see runcommand setup within the Retropie setup, as described in the Retropie WIKI).
Please also note that AdvanceMAME is no Libretro Core. If you want to switch between AdvanceMAME and lr-MAME2010, your roms must be in the Arcade directory.
Within AttraceMode, you must finally head for the pre-configured Arcade Emulator and build romlist and Display from there. Then you should be set.
Try to check these steps in the above order and it should work out. Good luck!