Author Topic: HYPERSPIN themes enjoy  (Read 25393 times)

Julesb

• View Profile
Re: HYPERSPIN themes enjoy
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
Either update attract from sources or get the hyperspin.nut file from 
 the official github repository for attract here: https://github.com/mickelson/attract it's located in config/loader/ folder, then click on the file then click on raw and you have the nut file.

the correct location is not /home/pi at least it's not for my install but it is /usr/local/share/attract/config/loader/hyperspin.nut the user pi does not have rights to overwrite it so you first have to ssh to pi and type sudo chmod 777 /usr/local/share/attract/config/loader/hyperspin.nu to give all rights on the file. Then you can use any file transfer method to overwrite the file.

You need to create one directory named "Hyperspin" in the layouts folder of attract (/home/pi/.attract/layouts. This folder should contain a directory "Main Menu" so "Hyperspin\Main Menu" where the subdirectory themes is located so "Hyperspin\Main Menu\Themes" in this directory you place the zipped themes for the main displays menu, you also need to be sure "enable hyperspin layout for systems menu is enabled in layout options". Then for each system (Display name) you have in your attract setup you need to create a subdirectory for example for if your display is named "MAME (Mame4all) you need a directory "Hyperspin\MAME (Mame4all)" again with a Themes subdirectory. In this subdirectory you can place a default.zip that contains the layout for each game you dont have a specific theme for as well as themes per game named as romame.zip. Then you need to set your mame4all layout to hyperspin as well as the layout for the main displays menu.
This way you keep subdirectories per system as well as can have default themes per system ( display name).
To make it more clear here's an example directory structure i'm using with the motion blue image
layouts\Hyperspin
layouts\Hyperspin\Main Menu
layouts\Hyperspin\Main Menu\Themes
layouts\Hyperspin\MAME (Mame4all)
layouts\Hyperspin\MAME (Mame4all)\Themes
layouts\Hyperspin\MAME (Mame4all)\Themes\Default.zip 
layouts\Hyperspin\MAME (Mame4all)\Themes\1943.zip 
layouts\Hyperspin\MAME (Mame4all)\Themes\1941.zip
layouts\Hyperspin\Arcade Classics\
layouts\Hyperspin\Arcade Classics\Themes\Default.zip
layouts\Hyperspin\Arcade Classics\Themes\1942.zip
etc default.zip is always the default theme for that system you see and this can be diffrent from what you see in the main menu and 1941.zip etc is a game specific theme. so it's basically always
layouts\Hyperspin\Main Menu\Themes\<Display Name>.zip
layouts\Hyperspin\<Display Name>\Themes\Default.zip
layouts\Hyperspin\<Display Name>\Themes\<romname>.zip
<Romname> is the name listed in your romlist and <Display Name> your display name.

and the themes you can get from hyperspin site. Be sure to install hyperspin on a pc as well so you can use hypertheme editor as some themes contain flash swf that either slow down in attract mode or do not work correctly so you'll need to recreate those themes with  it

Some themes don't load correctly when not modified  it's because they have invalid XML inside the Theme.xml file have a look at the attaced screenshot it has a double endtag which is incorrect, remove the 1st one and the theme works. if you see other themes not loading do the same check Example themes that have this problem are turkey shoot (tshoot.zip), vsav2.zip vampire saviour2 and many more.......

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 01:11:52 AM »
Thanks Julesb I put my file on "loader" folder , on windows is located on the main attract mode folder.
By the way most of my themes doesnt work porpertly.
Almost 99%  ;)
But maybe on next update this could be fixed.

Julesb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 06:11:31 AM »
I got mine themes working 99.9% flawlessly...I have about 1900 themes playing nicley all on a 128 card....you have to edit the swf file and also lots of xml file need to be manually fixed.. idid that and like I said at least 99% work if you do what I described..

Julesb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 06:15:18 AM »
Thanks Julesb I put my file on "loader" folder , on windows is located on the main attract mode folder.
By the way most of my themes doesnt work porpertly.
Almost 99%  ;)
But maybe on next update this could be fixed.

you also need to have the new nut file in the correct place..thats not the correct spot for if,.. update your nut file..and edit the themes to work smoothly on the pi....

Julesb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 06:41:12 AM »
Just FYI I did not use any of the themes in this post.. I got a paid subscription to hyperspin.fe and got my themes there..

Julesb

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2zy_uBb_z8  there is a new .nut file fix for the few themes that don't line up..should be out soon...I added cart art to the nes themes that don't have a dedicated theme.Its taking a wile to do..but i think it looks tasty.....

Neosys

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 02:35:36 AM »
Be sure to install hyperspin on a pc as well so you can use hypertheme editor as some themes contain flash swf that either slow down in attract mode or do not work correctly so you'll need to recreate those themes with  it

Hi!

i have problems with recreate the swf files with Hypertheme. Can you tell me exactly how I edit the swf or create again.

Thank you.

Julesb

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 07:14:27 AM »
Be sure to install hyperspin on a pc as well so you can use hypertheme editor as some themes contain flash swf that either slow down in attract mode or do not work correctly so you'll need to recreate those themes with  it

Hi!

i have problems with recreate the swf files with Hypertheme. Can you tell me exactly how I edit the swf or create again.

Thank you.

here is what I do. if the swf file is giving problems. usually because its too big. I would take a snapshot of the background and then use that static image instead of the swf file.. it works great...

mothra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 03:44:29 PM »
Hello JulesB!

Was about time that some Hyperspin Themes come to a far better frontend (Attract Mode)!

It would be a pitty when they finally get lost. I don't give hyperspin, the complete mess, choppy and incomplete frontend more than 3 years to survive. We have 2017 there are many good frontends on the market.

It would be a good idea if you correct/update them to being used for attract mode and upload it... and not promoting this old incomplete frontend anymore. Subscription...for what? You get everything for free just search!

This is the Attract Mode Forum... just saying.. :)

PS:
Its a really good idea to port this... The System Themes from you working fine in Attract Mode (Hyperspin.nut)
But please don't expect that someone just download Hyperspin for the Editor to edit the layout xmls.  >:(

Julesb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »
Hello JulesB!

Was about time that some Hyperspin Themes come to a far better frontend (Attract Mode)!

It would be a pitty when they finally get lost. I don't give hyperspin, the complete mess, choppy and incomplete frontend more than 3 years to survive. We have 2017 there are many good frontends on the market.

It would be a good idea if you correct/update them to being used for attract mode and upload it... and not promoting this old incomplete frontend anymore. Subscription...for what? You get everything for free just search!

This is the Attract Mode Forum... just saying.. :)

PS:
Its a really good idea to port this... The System Themes from you working fine in Attract Mode (Hyperspin.nut)
But please don't expect that someone just download Hyperspin for the Editor to edit the layout xmls.  >:(
If your ok being a leach then don't pay.....But you pay so that you support HS. yes you can get everything free..It will take forever with the free membership....you get what you  pay for..,,but bashing hyperspin? ,...is it because you could not figure it out..alot of people give up on it...everyone wants free and easy.. but free and easy is not allways  the best option. And you want me to fix and then upload them for you????Naaa, I have mine working flawlessly now...all themes have been fixed.....this is just what I did.. and if you want it too...then.....I expect you to do the same....and if your going to use HS art then u betta give credit where credit is due....

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, 07:48:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mame Fighting