Author Topic: At-The-Arcade MOD CoinOPSDiamondsDynamic  (Read 34911 times)

jclampy69

• View Profile
Re: At-The-Arcade MOD CoinOPSDiamondsDynamic
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2020, 06:32:29 AM »
Updated on 18th December 2020 with some additions see below.
Small update 25th January 2021 to the Vewlix system style template.

*Warning this is not a fully automated process, you will still need to process the cabinets that are unique individually*
1. Download my set of cabinet-style-systems-templates.zip attached to this post (will add more)
2. Download my set of cabinet-style-uniques-templates.zip attached to this post (will add more)
3. Download my 2step.zip which includes 2step.bat and this instructions file that is attached to this post.
4. Download XnConvert (perhaps just the portable download "zipped program folder") https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/#changelog
5. Download ImageMagick Legacy v6 Q8 is fastest (perhaps the portable version "ImageMagick-6.9.11-49-portable-Q8-x64.zip") https://legacy.imagemagick.org/script/download.php#windows
6. Have a set of original Diamonds cabinets (fullsize 1920x1080)

Instructions are in the attached 2step.zip file.

If anyone has any ideas to improve on the process let me know. I'd like to add user defined folders to 'step 2' if possible.

'2step' archive version 1b
Added a couple of screenshots in the 2step.zip file to help with instructions.

'Systems' templates version 1d
Updated the Vewlix template to smooth off the top right corner.

Current 'Systems ' templates:
Standard (Should work with 90% of the cabinets)
Atomiswave
Blast City
Egret II
Konami
Naomi
NSS - Nintendo Super System (user preference of with or without gamepad showing)
Sega & Konami
Vewlix

The above are just a basic naming tag, they may work with other games as well. Check the included example images in the zip file to see if they are a similar shape to your games cabinet.

'Uniques' templates version 1b
Added a bunch of unique cabinets.

Current 'Uniques ' templates:
After Burner
After Burner Climax
Enduro Racer
Guitar Hero
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 - including flag, bros, and coins
Ironman Ivan Stewart's Super Off-Road & also with Track Pack
Super Sprint
Starwars Trilogy

Special Cases:
Diamonds 2 Guitar Hero Cabinet image has resolution 1990x1080, you need to crop 70 pixels off the empty space on right-side of image to make it 1920x1080 before processing it.

If anyone has any ideas to improve on the process let me know. I'd like to add user defined folders to 'step 2' if possible.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 02:04:22 AM by jclampy69 »

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2020, 08:13:53 AM »
HELLO EVERYONE..
HI JCLAMPY69, GOOD WORK, TAKE YOUR TIME...
TOO LOUD??? HAHA..ok...

Have some new cabinets...
...renamed for mame...and some other/rest which I couldn't instantly match...think I have overfiltered my mame gamelist some are missing... have to look into it... wonder which rule it caused...
If necessary I would override cabinets... if you have no selfmade one you like...
Some need blank marquees because of the cabinets shape...rename the target marquee file to keep the original for other themes...

Cabinet 124+ update
https://mega.nz/file/HBswiB4Q#D3NLevU0KcoKp9c2i-LndAH1tXsemJtYBPXjux0l9Po

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »
@damonxxx, attached is a teaser image of the layout so far. It's nearly ready. I hope this is the look you were after?
Edit: Added game meta data bottom right corner. I optimised it so no slow down as far as I can tell.
Edit2: Sorry for delay, I spent the whole day setting up the search function.
Edit3: Hopefully last change to font sizes for search box and game info in bottom right corner.
Edit4: Final addition, the game scrolling progress bar on right side of screen. Next update post will be the release.
Edit5: Released now http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3849.0
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:29:44 AM by jclampy69 »

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2020, 07:42:51 PM »
That is great jclampy69,
nice to see your masterful skills at work...much better than my macgyvered-frankenstein-version ;) ;) :P

...maybe add a pointer-option or highlight the selected game
...don't know about optional showing the flyer...

appreciate your work, a lot to do around xmas, can wait until it ready...

...ahhh just realised that you are right about fps and the VIDEO...noticed that it has problems everytime at the same timestamp...didn't make the connection to fps of the video...
...thought the theme caused it...
...maybe we find a nice background still-image until someone made a wonderful new backgroundvideo (winkwink :P)...

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 08:06:48 PM by damonxxx »

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2020, 09:03:33 PM »
...maybe add a pointer-option or highlight the selected game
I've pondered that for some time. At the moment the selected games logo is quite large (maybe about 40% bigger than the next logo in list). Also, I've added a slight, hopefully non-annoying, 'blipping effect' animation to the selected logo. I'd say see how you find that and then if it's still a problem we could brainstorm further. Plus, the other logos fade to hide after a short delay once you have ended scrolling the list.
...don't know about optional showing the flyer...
I haven't thought of a suitable way to place a flyer in this layout. If you have an idea then draw a mock-up and I'll consider it. Maybe it requires a certain background style. Or, it is possible we could just assign it to a custom button to have a flyer pop-up?
...ahhh just realised that you are right about fps and the VIDEO...noticed that it has problems everytime at the same timestamp...didn't make the connection to fps of the video...
...thought the theme caused it...
Well, perceived lag could come from many places. The video, a non-optimised layout, dimensions of artwork files, artwork files stored on mechanical HDD or SDD. The users computer specs. Hardware driver settings, attractmode settings (hardware acceleration), the list goes on... ;)
...maybe we find a nice background still-image until someone made a wonderful new backgroundvideo (winkwink :P)...
I had a bit of a look for a background image but didn't find anything useful yet. I can get my brother to record some new background videos but that won't happen for some time.
In the meantime this background video has grown on me a bit. I've added a blur shader to it and the 'game room' sign and it helps to make the cabinet and game logos 'pop'.

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2020, 04:46:12 PM »
Hey guys, has anyone put any thought into the cabinets where the art is cut-off on the left side.. Like in this Afterburner, or things like steering wheels, or anything hanging off the left side of the cabinet?

Either..
1) Keep edge of cabinet image up to left side of screen, thereby not showing anything 'missing'.
2) Rebuild the missing parts of cabinet. (possibly difficult)
3) ??

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2020, 07:23:05 AM »
Hi everyone,

...had to upload the whole folder, because I changed too much...

ALLinOne Arcade Cabinets (Diamonds3Plus+2+1) for Mame/FB NEO/Model2/Model3
folder cleanedup/renamed after MAME/noclones

https://mega.nz/file/7ZslVYrS#JgLzoSt01Jul3KQ8Rs9vl1imk2o6diJkJPA50p4Hp0s

"Blank" Marquees for special-shaped-cabinets so far...

https://mega.nz/file/mM9jxKqa#MKbaqxQSTwL1_MVfhdpCEjVZ7RVfidjZU8SeAh_J4Hk
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 07:33:03 AM by damonxxx »

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »
FYI - I happened to notice one cabinet image that still has the "brick wall" included: polepos.png (assuming I've found the latest download of those).

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2021, 03:56:18 PM »
Thanx,
I updated the download...ENJOY.... 8)

UPDATE 22.01.2021

Cabinets+MarqueBlanksUPDATE 2021_01_22
FOLLOW ME:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3778.msg26082#msg26082
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:07:42 PM by damonxxx »

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2021, 04:13:09 PM »
Awesome, thank you. Correct looking full cabinets is such a great project, and useful in multiple themes, much appreciated!  8)

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2021, 02:38:31 PM »
Another thing I've noticed is that a few of the cabinets are not full height and contain a marquee already (roadblst, tron, for example). Because of this, part of the separate marquee image shows at the very top, above the embedded marquee.

For the set of games I play I only found one missing marquee (bouldash, which is a pretty obscure one). Nice work!

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2021, 03:57:04 PM »
Another thing I've noticed is that a few of the cabinets are not full height and contain a marquee already (roadblst, tron, for example). Because of this, part of the separate marquee image shows at the very top, above the embedded marquee.

For the set of games I play I only found one missing marquee (bouldash, which is a pretty obscure one). Nice work!

Hi tsaylor,

for these special-shaped cabinets I have made a "Blank-Marquee" (They are in the download)...transparent dummy marquees with "nothing" ...
...for all I missed ....or new ones..."clone" one off those and replace/rename the marquee of the cabinet which is "problematic" ....(I think all are 6,07k ...sort after size to find one...)
I use TotalCommander and can rename the target file automatically, so I keep  the original marquee-file for later use with a (2)would advise you  to do similar or use a copied marquee-folder -NOT OVERWRITE!

I have a boulderdash marquee (pretty crappy one) sometimes the marquee is there...but for a bootleg or clone version...best look it up in mameui which shows naming/tree...
....and look at the first post in this thread...I have linked 2 much further developed themes...one off them is finished...they look similar..you have only to check the naming of the art_labels....

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2021, 05:41:53 PM »
Thanks damonxxx. That sounds like a good approach, using a secondary marquee folder. I mostly just passed that along in case this is an ongoing project where you would want to correct those (perhaps by adjusting the top of the cabinet so that it either fits a normal marquee or simply covers up the normal marquee area.

And yeah, I think I have that same crappy marquee. I haven't found a clone with a cabinet, but that's fine, I'll just let it show the default generic one.

Also thanks for the mention of the other themes. I've been following those as well.

Yaron2019

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2021, 09:51:06 AM »
Hi damonxxx,
I want to experiment with the original cab files, uncut and unedited. Do you still have them? Can I download them from your mega account?

Many thanks,
Yaron

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2021, 02:40:06 PM »
Hi damonxxx,
I want to experiment with the original cab files, uncut and unedited. Do you still have them? Can I download them from your mega account?

Many thanks,
Yaron

YES.

Voila...
For You and everyone who might want it...
I uploaded the raw unedited uncut 1920x1080+wall+sidekick+unsorted artwork... (NOT FOR DIRECT USE WITH THE CABINET-THEMES)
...1300x1920 was a good width to include some of the special cabinets/size...would I start again I would do some things different...made some big mistakes at the beginning haha..
...result is ok I think...needed some fixes here and there, just fixed the naomi cabinets, the screen is too wide on these, not the themes fault...
...heard we have a harsh critic....some friendly competition?...HAIL ATTRACT-MODE... 8)..haha

https://mega.nz/file/KMlAwbrA#OlIJYlwMz0IEF58owDbCAdMLab_HCUs-l5w8zAXn6hE
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:07:38 PM by damonxxx »