Author Topic: PICKnMIX - unibios neogeo inspired layout  (Read 3644 times)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PICKnMIX - unibios neogeo inspired layout
« on: May 05, 2019, 08:01:20 AM »
https://youtu.be/SzBT8XTnB4s

Just sharing a preview of the theme I have currently been working on. It’s design is based on the unibios PICKnMIX option for the 161-in-1 multicart on neo geo. On screen menu disappears after a short period of inactivity. Games cycle after video snap is finished playing, similar feature to the real unibios. Menu pops up after automatic cycling games, which I will prevent. Not done but was too excited to not share. I also implemented features such as the OSD menu fading out or collapsing, but remove the bit of code as I felt like I had to get the theme solid and bug free first. Should be cool when I reimplement it. Collapse looks almost like the video picture when you shut off a crt. Need to look into making the wheel logos that are utilizing the preserve art module work with the fade module.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: PICKnMIX - unibios neogeo inspired layout
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 03:18:35 PM »
ahh,, saw a glimps on dicord....verry nice...look forward to some, vid on udates and release!

izzz, cool...man
help a friend....

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 12:40:44 AM »
ahh,, saw a glimps on dicord....verry nice...look forward to some, vid on udates and release!

izzz, cool...man

Thank you!

Changed youtube url in original post to show the video cycle working without OSD poping up. Cant sleep. Work schedule got me buggerd. Might create a clock class and extend them to keep it DRY. Maybe implement it into the helper module. Polish a few other things. Then reimplement animations.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 11:44:37 PM »
Great Job Keil!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 12:45:27 PM »
Great Job Keil!

Thank you!

Not documented yet, but here’s a first commit if anyone wants to try. It’s very crt friendly (and lcd). @oomek resolved an issue with sfml and raspberry pi that I have to test in a few days. Added a GPL license this time due to an issue that arouse recently on facebook.

https://github.com/keilmillerjr/picknmix-layout