Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548978 times)

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.2 [Release] Updated 2 May 2019
« Reply #255 on: May 04, 2019, 07:45:01 AM »
Just tried but sadly the same problems seem to persist with letter T before H. In these prints, for example, the scroll simple refuses to go back/left after you reach the letter S.
I can also confirm that this issues seem to happen only with MAME. Tried using it in other system/romlist and everything seems to be working good, no problems at all. Even the alphabet picks always the first game of each letter as it should, etc.

Sorry giving you so much trouble. Maybe other people can replicate these issues with MAME?

Wenzon

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
I found a bug.

When you set this theme in the main menu having other systems, the listing gets banged.
The "Scrollbar Style LabelList" option does not appear in the main menu or when accessing other systems. (image1)

The organization comes back when you start selecting the system. But the problem of the ScrollbarBar Style LabelList continues when you access one of the systems. (Image 2 and 3)

Sorry my english.  :-[

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:46:09 AM by Wenzon »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »
Just tried but sadly the same problems seem to persist with letter T before H.

You are absolutely right: the fix was correct but in the incorrect order (long story short, it didn't fix anything). This time I'm pretty sure it's ok since I downloaded the Goonies rom just to test :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:30:02 PM by zpaolo11x »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
I found a bug.

When you set this theme in the main menu having other systems, the listing gets banged.

I see the issues you mention, but I only use one system and one display so I never experienced that. Can you tell me how to configure AM for multiple systems like you have, so that I can debug it? Also when you launch AM with Arcadeflow, is there any error message on the console you can copy paste here for debug?

Cobra83

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2019, 11:48:55 PM »
zpaolo11x any chance you could upload the latest version of your theme to google drive or anywhere else? For some reason the link to your site won't work for me and it always times out, thanks in advance!

Wenzon

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2019, 03:01:45 AM »
I found a bug.

I see the issues you mention, but I only use one system and one display so I never experienced that. Can you tell me how to configure AM for multiple systems like you have, so that I can debug it? Also when you launch AM with Arcadeflow, is there any error message on the console you can copy paste here for debug?

Error message does not exist. I use only one monitor.

I put in the main menu the systems "Capcom I, Capcom II, Capcom III, NeoGeo, Atomiswave", among others. When I run the Attractmode the main menu appears messed up as reported. By going through the systems the listing returns to normal.

The "ScrollbarBar Style LabelList" option disappears when you access the main menu or some system.

I use the latest version of Attractmode. Here are the settings I use for your theme.

Code: [Select]
layout_config Arcadeflow
param                amchangetimer 10
param                amenable Inactivity only
param                ammessage  - PRESS ANY KEY -
param                amsound Yes
param                amtimer 120
param                amtune
param                audiovidhistory No
param                audiovidsnaps No
param                baserotation None
param                bgblurred
param                colortheme Dark
param                cropsnaps Square
param                customsize
param                darkpanel Dark
param                dat_path $HOME/mame/dats/history.dat
param                datashadowsmooth Yes
param                fpson No
param                frostedglass Yes
param                generate_index
param                historypanel White panel
param                horizontalrows 1
param                index_clones Yes
param                layersnap No
param                layervideo No
param                livesearch Yes
param                lowres No
param                newgame No
param                overmenubutton select
param                paramx1
param                paramx2
param                paramx3
param                paramx4
param                paramx5
param                paramx6
param                paramx7
param                paramx8
param                paramx9
param                paramxx0
param                paramxx1
param                paramxx2
param                paramxx3
param                paramxx4
param                paramxx5
param                paramxx6
param                paramxx7
param                paramxx8
param                paramxx9
param                scanlinemode Aperture
param                scrollertype LabelList
param                searchmeth Screen keys
param                snapglow Yes
param                snapgradient Yes
param                splashlogo Yes
param                splashlogofile
param                themeaudio Yes
param                thumbvideo Yes
param                verticalrows 1

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2019, 04:44:25 AM »
zpaolo11x any chance you could upload the latest version of your theme to google drive or anywhere else? For some reason the link to your site won't work for me and it always times out, thanks in advance!

Sure, you can download the latest version here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oLCme-XK4We57y1mYwyzrAhpRPUoPdU1?usp=sharing

I'll add the other versions as soon as possible and I'll try to keep it updated with new releases

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2019, 10:22:23 AM »
Just tried but sadly the same problems seem to persist with letter T before H.

You are absolutely right: the fix was correct but in the incorrect order (long story short, it didn't fix anything). This time I'm pretty sure it's ok since I downloaded the Goonies rom just to test :D

Everything seems to be fixed now, congrats!

Cobra83

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »
Thank you!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2019, 12:24:24 AM »
I put in the main menu the systems "Capcom I, Capcom II, Capcom III, NeoGeo, Atomiswave", among others. When I run the Attractmode the main menu appears messed up as reported. By going through the systems the listing returns to normal.

Ok, I think I'm getting it, let me check if I got it right, each "system" is in fact a Display in Attract Mode configuration? And AM is starting in "Display Menu" mode, right? So basically my theme glitches when used as display menu? Sorry for the basic questions

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2019, 01:49:20 AM »
Everything seems to be fixed now, congrats!

Fantastic news, hopefully there are no other names causing issues with the routine :D I'll publish the update ASAP for everyone

Wenzon

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2019, 02:07:36 AM »

Ok, I think I'm getting it, let me check if I got it right, each "system" is in fact a Display in Attract Mode configuration? And AM is starting in "Display Menu" mode, right? So basically my theme glitches when used as display menu?

Perfectly.   :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2019, 12:55:36 AM »

Perfectly.   :)

So, yesterday I played a bit with multiple displays, a thing I never did before. Basically my conclusion is that, as it stands, Arcadeflow is not good as a display menu theme, so if you don't want to have issues (like the first picture you posted with all the boxes overalpping) you should go in Displays -> Display Menu Options and select "Default" as "Menu style / Layout". With this setting you should have the display list in the usual overlapping menu, for some reasons the "frosted glass" effect is missing here, I'll see if it can be fixed.

Of course it would be much better to be able to use Arcadeflow for the displays too, but I think I'll have to recode it properly because it seems to have issues right now (which is expected because Arcadeflow is heavily tailored to Mame).

As far as the missing labels bar is concerned, could you test if, with Arcadeflow 4.3 and using the "Default" theme for display menu, the label list is working as expected?

Wenzon

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.3 [Release] Updated 6 May 2019
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2019, 02:20:08 AM »
As far as the missing labels bar is concerned, could you test if, with Arcadeflow 4.3 and using the "Default" theme for display menu, the label list is working as expected?

It works as you suggested. But other way the problem persists.

Who knows in a next update you can fix this?  ;)

This theme is very beautiful. It's a beautiful job.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.3 [Release] Updated 6 May 2019
« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2019, 07:55:06 AM »
Who knows in a next update you can fix this?  ;)

Honestly... I'm already working on it :D It seems the issue is in the generation of the labels, since the display menu doesn't have a proper order, the label is always "null" and that messes with everything. I'm trying to patch it, but I think I'll need your help for some beta-testing ;D