Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547765 times)

jackson99

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 13.5 [Release] Updated 30 May 2022
« Reply #1395 on: May 31, 2022, 10:35:44 PM »
You're amazing. Thanks for updating us on what AF can do, which really does more than a theme. I like how it can scrape the entire romlist. Would you mind showing me how to review metadata? By the way, thanks for replying to me on Youtube where I asked you how to install AM+. My honor to talk to a creative creator like you.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 13.5 [Release] Updated 30 May 2022
« Reply #1396 on: May 31, 2022, 10:39:37 PM »
You're amazing. Thanks for updating us on what AF can do, which really does more than a theme. I like how it can scrape the entire romlist. Would you mind showing me how to review metadata? By the way, thanks for replying to me on Youtube where I asked you how to install AM+. My honor to talk to a creative creator like you.

Thank you for your comments :) The metadata editor embedded in AF can be accessed through the "context" menu. On a game press "select" (usually it's enter on a keyboard or the A button on a pad) to show the cross shaped context menu, go "up" to enter a submenu, then you'll see "Edit metadata". You can use this menu to change metadata for the selected game. For some data you'll need a real keybord while most are editable even with the on screen keyboard or menu selections. You can always "reset" the metadata to the default value.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 13.6 [Release] Updated 06 June 2022
« Reply #1397 on: June 05, 2022, 11:32:06 PM »
Arcadeflow 13.6 is out!

- Added new systems: GP32, Game Master
- Reorganized project files

Enjoy!

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 06, 2022, 05:36:01 AM »
Hi !

It's been a long time since I had a question for you :D
First, thanks for your awesome updates on this theme, it gets better each time !
And do you know if your theme is compatible with a second screen which is here only to display the marquees ?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1399 on: June 06, 2022, 05:44:32 AM »
And do you know if your theme is compatible with a second screen which is here only to display the marquees ?

Hi, thank you for the positive comments :) As far as multi-monitor configuration is concerned, I really have no idea because I never considered it (I don't even have a multi monitor setup for tests :/ ). Not sure if having a second monitor for marquees require rewriting some of the layout code, or if there's a plugin that can do that. If you have the chance to try, I'll be glad to give support :)

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: June 06, 2022, 05:46:24 AM »
Ok, I'll give a try as soon as possible, and will post here the result :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1401 on: June 06, 2022, 08:13:38 AM »
Ok, I'll give a try as soon as possible, and will post here the result :)

For what is worth, I did some preliminary tests using AF on Ubuntu with a dual monitor setup. Some prerequisites to using multiple monitors are:
- set your AM to fullscreen or fillscreen mode
- enable support for multiple monitors in the "general" AM options tab

After that I tried enabling the multimon plugin which should help in configuring the output for the multiple monitors, but at that point when I run AM with AF I get a segmentation fault. Notice that everything works fine with, for example, the Basic layout and MultiMon plugin, and everything still works fine with AF if I code something to show artwork on the secondary screen.

What is causing trouble is AF with MultiMon plugin. Let me know if you experience the same crash, I'll see if I can do something to alleviate the issue...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1402 on: June 07, 2022, 12:30:25 AM »
Progress on multimonitor support... I implemented a second display to show marquee or wheel artwork, I had this crazy idea to add the blurred background when wheel art is used but that's overkill. Doable but not so easy at the moment. So I'll stick to images on a black background, but artwork will cross fade the same way as the other elements of the Arcadeflow UI.

What option do you need for the external monitor? I think I'll ad a selection for the monitor to use, source of artwork and correct aspect ratio. Anything else?

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 07, 2022, 11:33:41 PM »
My Displays Menu has two categories Arcade (Arcade, Hikara, Atomiswave and Naomi) and Others (Cave 3rd, Gaelco and Model 3). How do I do so thoes "Others" will go to Arcade?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1404 on: June 08, 2022, 05:16:14 AM »
My Displays Menu has two categories Arcade (Arcade, Hikara, Atomiswave and Naomi) and Others (Cave 3rd, Gaelco and Model 3). How do I do so thoes "Others" will go to Arcade?

AF recognizes categories based on the display name, there's a list of systems with supported names in data_systems.txt, names are not case sensitive. Now looking at that file I can see this:

- "Cave 3rd" is not in the list, but there are entries for "Cave", "Cave 68000" and "Cave cv1000". You can rename your display and it should be recognised.
- "Model 3" should work, try "sega model 3" instead but it's strange, I'll do some further tests.
- "Gaelco" is not supported yet so it will not be recognised because it's not in the list, I'll add it in a future release.

That said, if you just want a way to put those displays in the Arcade category without messing with the names, just append "#ARCADE" to the display name and it should do the trick.

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 08, 2022, 04:18:23 PM »
Thanks for sharing the trick. "Sega Model 3", "Gaelco #ARCADE" and "Cave CV1000" worked. You just made my collection look much organized. Here comes my another question: How do I get rid of Arcade layer if I wanna see all of the layouts regardless of arcade or consoles?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 04:35:38 PM by jackson99 »

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 08, 2022, 06:26:27 PM »
Hi! Thank you for the great work on this theme, it's easily my favorite and I'm glad that you're still actively working on it. I know Big Box is what's hot now but I like the look of AM with ArcadeFlow a great deal more.

Right now I'm struggling a little bit in getting rom info to display correctly for my systems that aren't MAME. Something that interested me about ArcadeFlow is the Romlist Management and being able to import XML files into each display. Is there info on how to go about doing that?

With AttractMode itself I know how to import extra files (even if I can only get it to work with MAME) but for instance I'm trying to get my Sega NAOMI display to pull information from catver.ini and get nothing. Any advice?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1407 on: June 09, 2022, 01:03:02 AM »
Right now I'm struggling a little bit in getting rom info to display correctly for my systems that aren't MAME. Something that interested me about ArcadeFlow is the Romlist Management and being able to import XML files into each display. Is there info on how to go about doing that?

XML list import works just by adding the XML data into the import_extras field of the emulator. AM by itself imports data from hyperspin lists, Arcadeflow adds support for Retropie lists too.

With AttractMode itself I know how to import extra files (even if I can only get it to work with MAME) but for instance I'm trying to get my Sega NAOMI display to pull information from catver.ini and get nothing. Any advice?

Not sure if catver.ini is supported by AM, as usual you should put the filename into the import_extra field, if you have more than one file you can separate with ";".

Also, if you want to try a different path, Arcadeflow has its own scraper based on Arcade Database Italia for arcade games, and ScreenScraper for other systems and media. You just have to specify a proper system identifier in your emulator setup with the name of the system, and go into Arcadeflow options to set your SS username and password. That should populate all the metadata and media you need. Not sure if it's exactly what you want, but I suggest you give it a try.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 13.7 [Release] Updated 14 June 2022
« Reply #1408 on: June 14, 2022, 02:38:19 AM »
Arcadeflow 13.7 is out!

- Added support for multi-monitor setups
- Fixed issue with CRC check of large files on Windows

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 13.7 [Release] Updated 14 June 2022
« Reply #1409 on: June 15, 2022, 08:15:47 PM »
Thanks Zpaolo, I'll give it a try with the scraper and see how it goes!