Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 557613 times)

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 13.7 [Release] Updated 14 June 2022
« Reply #1410 on: June 15, 2022, 09:24:51 PM »
I added my credentials to the program, and then tried to run the scraper for an individual game. Arcade Flow then gets hung up and the console had the following info:

*** Initializing display: 'Sega Genesis'
 - Loaded master romlist 'Sega Genesis' in 0 ms (9 entries kept, 0 discarded)
 - Constructed 2 filters in 0 ms (18 comparisons)

WARNING: some options in attract.cfg clash with Arcadeflow

- Loaded layout: C:\Attract Mode\layouts/Arcade Flow/ (layout.nut)
'layouts\Arcade' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
ID:0 DISPATCH (table : 0x0000000016aae850)
ID0-getromdata C:\Attract Mode\emulators\Sega Genesis\roms\Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Hyperstone Heist (USA).md
ID0-getromdata call createjson 1
ID0-createjson
ID0-createjson suspend
ID0-getromdata suspend 1
ID0-scrapegame2 suspend

I wasn't sure if there is something I'm doing wrong here but if you've got any insight, let me know! Worst case the non-mame systems don't have info, I honestly adore the theme so much outside of it that I could put up with it.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1411 on: June 16, 2022, 11:08:15 PM »
I added my credentials to the program, and then tried to run the scraper for an individual game. Arcade Flow then gets hung up and the console had the following info:

Sorry for the late reply... it seems there's something that stops the process while waiting for an answer from screenscraper. What OS are you on? Can you share your attract.cfg (you can email me at paolo.zago@gmail.com or on the discord server)? Sometimes this happens when screenscraper server is overloaded, or if your OS doesn't support curl for fetching data online. You can also try opening a console window and typing "curl" to see if the command is supported...

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 17, 2022, 04:17:53 PM »
May I know why the attached romlist downloaded from Arcade Database would result in Empty List but still show number of games in Filter? I also verified that the same romlist would show games correctly in other layouts.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1413 on: June 18, 2022, 02:23:05 AM »
May I know why the attached romlist downloaded from Arcade Database would result in Empty List but still show number of games in Filter? I also verified that the same romlist would show games correctly in other layouts.

AF stores game data in an external database file, look in the romlist folder, you should find a .db1 and .db2 file, same name as your name romlist. Try deleting them and then relaunch attract mode, AF should rebuild the database based on your romlist data.

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 18, 2022, 04:11:29 AM »
I can see there's db1 and db2 for other rom lists but not for the rom list I downloaded. I restarted AM+ multiple times and still don't see db1 and db2.

AF stores game data in an external database file, look in the romlist folder, you should find a .db1 and .db2 file, same name as your name romlist. Try deleting them and then relaunch attract mode, AF should rebuild the database based on your romlist data.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1415 on: June 18, 2022, 05:55:51 AM »
I can see there's db1 and db2 for other rom lists but not for the rom list I downloaded. I restarted AM+ multiple times and still don't see db1 and db2.

I think the problem is that the romlist has a different name than the emulator. Usually when you create an emulator in AM and generate the romlist, the romlist has the same name. Try renaming your rom list with the same name of the emulator .cfg file, and correct the display in attract.cfg accordingly, that should fix the issue with AF that only analyses romlists named the same as the emulator (at the moment)

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 18, 2022, 06:44:06 AM »
You're amazing. You just figured out a solution that works perfectly. Thanks a million.

I think the problem is that the romlist has a different name than the emulator. Usually when you create an emulator in AM and generate the romlist, the romlist has the same name. Try renaming your rom list with the same name of the emulator .cfg file, and correct the display in attract.cfg accordingly, that should fix the issue with AF that only analyses romlists named the same as the emulator (at the moment)

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 20, 2022, 09:03:12 PM »
I'm running Windows 10 on my machine and gave the curl command a whirl from CMD without any particular issues. It's of note that AttractMode used to be able to pull data from TheGamesDB but even outside of ArcadeFlow I have some issues. Attached is my config file!

Is there anything in the firewall I may need to configure as well, or elevated permissions to use when running the scraper?

Sorry for the late reply on my end too.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1418 on: June 20, 2022, 10:05:49 PM »
Is there anything in the firewall I may need to configure as well, or elevated permissions to use when running the scraper?

I'm not that familiar with the Windows firewall, I think a good test could be to completely disable it and see if the scraping goes well. Other than that I noticed some settings in the attract.cfg that clash with the way Arcadeflow works:

- Arcadeflow is set as displays menu layout, this is something that doesn't work well: you need to set the displays menu layout to default.
- Attract Mode is set up to start in displays menu, but if you are using AF there's no need to use this setting, and will actually be a problem You should set the startup mode to default, and then if you want AF to start in the displays menu list, there's an option in AF for that.
- I suggest you enable "power saving", it should reduce a lot the load on your system because AF can be a bit heavy :D

That said, none of those should impact the scraping process, did you enter your screenscraper credentials in AF options?

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 21, 2022, 02:23:06 PM »
I took your advice and modified my settings to change the display menu layout, startup behavior, and power saving mode - thank you!

Within Arcadeflow I have my Screenscraper credentials entered, yes. I actually use the Skraper program outside of Attract Mode to get my information, and I see that a [system].dat gets created at least. I honestly don't mind using a different program to scrape for info, but is it possible to import this .dat file into the gamecube emulator for Arcadeflow to see it? If so, I may just do that.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1420 on: June 21, 2022, 10:00:39 PM »
Within Arcadeflow I have my Screenscraper credentials entered, yes. I actually use the Skraper program outside of Attract Mode to get my information, and I see that a [system].dat gets created at least. I honestly don't mind using a different program to scrape for info, but is it possible to import this .dat file into the gamecube emulator for Arcadeflow to see it? If so, I may just do that.

Well AF should be able to import EmulationStation xml and that dat looks quite similar, I'll do some tests and report back.

On the other hand, it would be much better if we could fix the scraper issue in AF ;) Can you share the emulator .cfg file of the system you are scraping? Maybe I can try to replicate your setup and test it better

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 22, 2022, 07:32:01 PM »
Here's my Sega Genesis config - I use RocketLauncher to load systems with my setup right now. I did try setting Retroarch as the emulator and then scraping, and unfortunately ended up with the same result I've been getting so far.

Other than my Screenscraper credentials, can you confirm the scraper settings I should have set?
  • CRC Check = No
  • Rom Scrape Options = Missing Only
  • Scrape Error Roms = No
  • Media Scrape Optiosns = Only Missing

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1422 on: June 22, 2022, 09:55:05 PM »
Here's my Sega Genesis config - I use RocketLauncher to load systems with my setup right now. I did try setting Retroarch as the emulator and then scraping, and unfortunately ended up with the same result I've been getting so far.

Other than my Screenscraper credentials, can you confirm the scraper settings I should have set?
  • CRC Check = No
  • Rom Scrape Options = Missing Only
  • Scrape Error Roms = No
  • Media Scrape Optiosns = Only Missing

Your settings look fine, I was looking at the .cfg and I'm wondering why artwork paths like this:

Code: [Select]
artwork    flyer           C:\Attract Mode\emulators\Sega Genesis\media\flyer\roms
end with "\roms", is that correct? I mean, this way you'll have those media saved in a folder called roms inside the flyer etc.

One other thing you can try is disable media scrape, so set "media scrape options" to "no media scrape", and try like that. Also try enabling CRC check, that might do some difference.

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 23, 2022, 08:59:09 PM »
end with "\roms", is that correct? I mean, this way you'll have those media saved in a folder called roms inside the flyer etc.

Yes, this is correct - I think the way I set the paths in Skraper (which uses Screen Scraper), it looks at my main emulator folder and then sees the games within the rom folder. So it's like "C:\Attract Mode\emulators\Sega Genesis\roms", and the media folder creates a roms folder to match the structure... I think. Could easily be fixed but I don't mind that lol!

I turned on CRC check and disabled media scraping, and decided to try and scrape the entire romlist for Sega Genesis instead of one game. Below is what came from the console window - it seems that something is happening for it to at least recognize that it should attempt the next game. What that is, I'm not sure.

I'm going to attempt a clean install of AF and see if that helps! I will update shortly

ruthlessrabbid

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 23, 2022, 09:12:35 PM »
No dice on reinstalling the layout I'm afraid.

And just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong with AttractMode, but Attract Mode Plus runs in the root of the Attract Mode install correct? I had regular attract mode and switched to plus so I could use AF