Author Topic: how do i pinch and skew a snap? (Added files to this post)  (Read 1708 times)

frankenbear80

• View Profile
how do i pinch and skew a snap? (Added files to this post)
« on: June 07, 2022, 04:37:48 AM »
I am trying to make a menu layout. I have not done any of my own coding, I have just adjusted and messed with others layout nuts. I have seen a retro pi layout that has the snap at an angle. I have tried the hyper theme mode and I can play with that, but I cannot seem to use my background image.

this is the base of the background; I did some editing to big box neon and want the snap on the left wall.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 01:45:07 PM by frankenbear80 »

frankenbear80

• View Profile
figured a work around
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 08:48:02 AM »
will post progress and eventually post the file to share

frankenbear80

• View Profile
wanted to keep the retro look with neon
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 01:03:28 PM »
Since there has been people that have downloaded the background, I figured I would post an add-on that can be used for this theme or anywhere you want to use it. I wanted a Mario neon and had no real luck finding one, so I made one. there is one for the left or right wall, and a front view.

also, here is the high-res background so this will not be too big on the PNG file that is posted (3840 x 2160)

Hi-res background   https://mega.nz/file/s2QwmLDJ#7Kd71ZxtdZSnnwevM2it-L4Mqr1rSKrmGoLgcHF9Yx0

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:18:43 PM by frankenbear80 »

frankenbear80

• View Profile
Re: how do i pinch and skew a snap? (Added files to this post)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 01:03:31 PM »
this is basically a blank layout like the first. With this one I have included the modified layout nut. It was a pain in my ass to get the snap right on the wall (if you want to play with it, it is the first snap down in the layout nut. At the bottom of the layout nut there is another snap but that is so that the WWF arcade plays while scrolling through systems.
Much like in the last message I put two backgrounds so that you can modify it to make it your own, the bkg.png is the background it will use. One will have the Mario light and the other will not (both will have the arcade). There is nothing special that needs to be done for the WWF snap to work, just leave it in the folder.

layout  https://mega.nz/file/NuYlnLhQ#0gnKmQRyXD3UevbbyAZOG2nVAtJyV43aKTjOBGUy4Ec

a couple add-ons too (for those who don't really do digital download gimp then you can paste away)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:07:28 PM by frankenbear80 »