Author Topic: some robospin-like themes  (Read 138336 times)

BadFurDay

• View Profile
Re: some robospin-like themes
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »
The snap video screen is not aligned on this one am I doing something wrong?

Cosmo i just love your themes! They are really well designed. Keep up the good work! (.....and also please create some themes for C64 and Amiga sometime in the future :D )

Thanks! i'll do it.  :)

I hope to release almost all my work by this week.

GameBoy Color
https://mega.nz/#!I5wQFTRK!t3ruFhypOZ-qkF_Nfm_GM4fIqoGUu_y_bV7LfKL9mQE

GameBoy Advance
https://mega.nz/#!Q1QByZBC!IiL7mkgc__NVcXuvmg4xkSU1Fed6anvGHXkw_gm-v-k

Are you using a TV set at 720p resolution? I have one 720p and 1080p and I find the 720p has the videos off slightly and the overlays are well off.  Not sure how to fix this if you want it to work on a 720p probably have to play with the numbers in the .nut file.

Any more themes or updates Cosmo? I'm always checking back for your themes alone they're great.

danilop2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »
 :'(

chad.burdette88

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2017, 09:47:28 AM »
Does anyone else notice that the upper left corner is White on all the themes? If you know how to fix it, I would love to know. I can't figure out the issue in the .nut.  it happens only on Cosmos themes :(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:18:07 PM by chad.burdette88 »

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
Does anyone else notice that the upper right corner is White on all the themes? If you know how to fix it, I can't figure out the issue in the .nut.  I'm using a Visio 1080p and these themes are the only ones with a whit dot covering the right corners.

I don't have this issue I'm afraid.

While we're waiting on Cosmo I've been editing the Robospin-HD theme a bit more, using the borders from the unified theme I've made it a bit more universal.  For any of the Arcade systems (Arcade, MAME, FBA, Cave, PGM, Psikyo, Visco and any of the Classics) this will appear as the Robospin-HD theme, with flyers, marquees and a nice border on the right side so you can see which system you're currently on. Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!U0cTSCgS!naEMA8uLcvDKxUjJJkj5bl68U8thAQO84ng4LEUNqlA

Note: If you can't see the full image scroll right to see what I've done combining it with the unified themes.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:10:28 PM by BadFurDay »

chad.burdette88

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
Does anyone else notice that the upper right corner is White on all the themes? If you know how to fix it, I can't figure out the issue in the .nut.  I'm using a Visio 1080p and these themes are the only ones with a whit dot covering the right corners.

I don't have this issue I'm afraid.

While we're waiting on Cosmo I've been editing the Robospin-HD theme a bit more, using the borders from the unified theme I've made it a bit more universal.  For any of the Arcade systems (Arcade, MAME, FBA, Cave, PGM, Psikyo, Visco and any of the Classics) this will appear as the Robospin-HD theme, with flyers, marquees and a nice border on the right side so you can see which system you're currently on. Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!U0cTSCgS!naEMA8uLcvDKxUjJJkj5bl68U8thAQO84ng4LEUNqlA

Note: If you can't see the full image scroll right to see what I've done combining it with the unified themes.

Hey Man,

This is cool. I will have to test this out. I meant to say upper RIGHT corner not left.

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »
Hey Man,

This is cool. I will have to test this out. I meant to say upper RIGHT corner not left.

Still nothing there I'm afraid.

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »
I've decided to chip in, ZX Spectrum style. You can switch the two difference machines by changing the cabinet between robo and moon, ejoy!

https://mega.nz/#!9ocjlaCZ!aG9y2NPYe4cwzHxaX921jH_FOK2odiG0xIAEoJNPR9Y

Cosmo, if you read this can you provide all the TV surrounds you use for you themes please?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:51:58 AM by BadFurDay »

danilop2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »
amazing !! thanks !!

just msx 1 and 2 to go

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »
Last one before I go to bed:

Turbo Grafx CD
https://mega.nz/#!c1EkWTaK!bPuAhnFACyOD9od1yoEuFQdzJVc1IWxd62ZDEpmrpv0

Big credit goes to Cosmo all the same, I'm using his layouts and the artwork from his display theme menu to makes these along with bits of Hyperspin/Hyperpie themes.

Edit: Decided to do one more while I was on a roll.

PC Engine CD (Updated 05/04/17)
https://mega.nz/#!Z1EDFLoC!Um6wJutd3OMvJHostwPmwY4zBeNrvy9eCQbwJUCOmpE

This one there are two styles, purple and red.  To choose between them you have to change the background, cabinet and pointer (I've labelled them Purple and Red for ease) or mix and match if you prefer.

Side note, I set my layouts to use a different font to normal, just edit the .nut to the font you prefer if you don't like.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:49:40 AM by BadFurDay »

yelever

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
Amazing themes but for some reason my boxart isn't showing up.

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2017, 06:44:19 AM »
Amazing themes but for some reason my boxart isn't showing up.

They do allow it, you might have to enable it in the layout options first. I've noticed the PC Engine CD one will probably default to nothing, you need to go into the layout options and change the cabinet, background and pointer to one of the options as it defaults to an option that doesn't exist, going to fix that though and reupload. This is now updated. I also did an alternative Famicom Disk System robo cabinet attached below, just replace the existing one if you wish or you could rename it moon and have it there to select in the options.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:08:48 AM by BadFurDay »

cosmo

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2017, 07:21:07 AM »

Can't wait! Cosmo anyway I can fix stretched box art in Sega CD layout?
search this in the layout.nut...

local boxart = fe.add_artwork("boxart"

then add below this line...
   boxart.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;

I will update all the themes in time. I'm busy now with the main menu theme...

Does anyone else notice that the upper left corner is White on all the themes? If you know how to fix it, I would love to know. I can't figure out the issue in the .nut.  it happens only on Cosmos themes :(
That problem is in every robospin theme i have used. Barely noticiable in a full hd tv but it's there. Something botched in the code i was using, i presume. I will purge it if i can find what's wrong with it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:46:52 AM by cosmo »

cosmo

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2017, 07:43:36 AM »
Ok, here's the first template with a Sony Triniton TV as you can see for example on the psx layout. there's .psd files for the cabinet and the pointer...
The only thing you'll need to edit in the code is the boxart size and position on the screen.

https://mega.nz/#!h1JkiCyT!1QwTV5r7ab3x4PYx5mAr6gSfIUYuo0MwR-7tlp4yBDs