Author Topic: LAVA v1.0 Official Release.  (Read 33151 times)

Yaron2019

Well, apparently a few days have gone by  ;) and I have added the code for a wheel, vertical wheel and list. It works very well but I leave it up to you to edit it and bring it to your preference (especially the list). I did not add code to make the wheel/list bigger or smaller at this stage because I am not sure it is needed and it may require a lot of work - not sure. I left you a link to AM's listbox online help in the list section of the code - search for "Takoni" or "asahendrix" in the script. AM's listbox has a lot of options and parameters so take a look.

Also, I added a lot of options in the layout menu so check them out as well.

asahendrix - I tried using the code you posted but it kept doing weird things and I thought it will be better to just add code that I know works and not try to debug. If I am not mistaken, the wheel code you posted is from Robospin, not Ol'Room. I prefer this code as well anyway.

A visual suggestion: Maybe it will be good to move the boxart to the top left of the TV - there is free space there and it will not block the console.

Download latest version from here:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2950.msg21119#msg21119

Here are 4 screenshots of how it looks at this moment:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:23:59 AM by Yaron2019 »

Yaron2019

The Boxart on the top of the TV... maybe something like this?

asahendrix

• View Profile
Well, apparently a few days have gone by  ;) and I have added the code for a wheel, vertical wheel and list. It works very well but I leave it up to you to edit it and bring it to your preference (especially the list). I did not add code to make the wheel/list bigger or smaller at this stage because I am not sure it is needed and it may require a lot of work - not sure. I left you a link to AM's listbox online help in the list section of the code - search for "Takoni" or "asahendrix" in the script. AM's listbox has a lot of options and parameters so take a look.

asahendrix - I tried using the code you posted but it kept doing weird things and I thought it will be better to just add code that I know works and not try to debug. If I am not mistaken, the wheel code you posted is from Robospin, not Ol'Room. I prefer this code as well anyway.

A visual suggestion: Maybe it will be good to move the left dinosaur to the left side of the TV and then move the boxart to where that dino was (to the right of the TV). This way, the boxart has a free place to be presented, it will not block the console and you can even enlarge it.

Download link - add the included files to your lava layout folder:
https://mega.nz/#!FINiUQ5A!eKrhuDjuomd1d33spBujJhKIJpDSMiEeJH3r0ReGWzM

WOW THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU!!!!! Yeah you're right, Robospin - idk what I was thinking haha! I can't wait to tinker!

I think you're right about the dino. Honestly, I'd be okay with removing the dinosaur entirely. Either way, the upright NES games next to the TV will need to graphically edited...

@Takoni, you're good with graphics - do you think you could remove the dino or put the dino to the left of the TV and touch up the background image?

On a side note - and maybe this is a reach - but I think it would be cool, at some point, to have NES in the background changed to a SNES or an Atari 2600 or whatever the emulator is. Also, the upright games I was talking about could be games that correspond to the selected emulator. Just a thought!

Thank you again Yaron2019!!!!

Yaron2019

A visual suggestion: Maybe it will be good to move the left dinosaur to the left side of the TV and then move the boxart to where that dino was (to the right of the TV). This way, the boxart has a free place to be presented, it will not block the console and you can even enlarge it.

WOW THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU!!!!! Yeah you're right, Robospin - idk what I was thinking haha! I can't wait to tinker!

I think you're right about the dino. Honestly, I'd be okay with removing the dinosaur entirely. Either way, the upright NES games next to the TV will need to graphically edited...

@Takoni, you're good with graphics - do you think you could remove the dino or put the dino to the left of the TV and touch up the background image?

On a side note - and maybe this is a reach - but I think it would be cool, at some point, to have NES in the background changed to a SNES or an Atari 2600 or whatever the emulator is. Also, the upright games I was talking about could be games that correspond to the selected emulator. Just a thought!

You are welcome!
Wait, look at the box on the TV now that it is not so bright - I darkened it via the script.. It looks natural there! idk, I like it!

asahendrix

• View Profile

You are welcome!
Wait, look at the box on the TV now that it is not so bright - I darkened it via the script.. It looks natural there! idk, I like it!

Yeah that does look good! Nice work!! Perhaps our problem is solved haha :)

asahendrix

• View Profile

You are welcome!

I'm actually quiet pleased with this - what code did you use to do this? I can't help but notice how bright my boxart is now haha!

asahendrix

• View Profile
So I figured out why my dimensions weren’t working - they were configured for only 6 wheels. I’m gonna work on configuring the rest so the list can be expanded. Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/1DzQmo1LS4w

PS: you can see a preview of the Atari 2600 layout that I’m working on. 🙂

Yaron2019

I'm actually quiet pleased with this - what code did you use to do this? I can't help but notice how bright my boxart is now haha!

//************************************************************************
// BOXART
if ( my_config["enable_boxart"] == "Yes" )
{
   local hor=-20;

local artworkSombra = fe.add_artwork( "boxart", hor-10, 126, 460, 320);
   artworkSombra.set_rgb (0,0,0);
   artworkSombra.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
   artworkSombra.alpha=50;
   //
   local artworkSombra2 = fe.add_artwork( "boxart", hor-12, 126, 465, 325);
   artworkSombra2.set_rgb (0,0,0);
   artworkSombra2.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
   artworkSombra2.alpha=30;
   //
   local artwork = FadeArt( "boxart", hor, 123, 460, 320);
   artwork.set_rgb (155,155,155);
   //artwork.trigger = TRIGGER;
   artworkSombra.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;
   artworkSombra2.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;
   artwork.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;
   artwork.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
}

Yaron2019

So I figured out why my dimensions weren’t working - they were configured for only 6 wheels. I’m gonna work on configuring the rest so the list can be expanded. Here is a video:

The Atari look awesome! Who's doing the 3D art?

Yaron2019

Update #3!

- new TV border around the video snap: new tapa_snap.png file and location so it doesn't look out of place.
- added option for CRT Scanlines: none, light, medium and dark.
- added scanlines texture
- small adjustments to video snap location
- small adjustment for boxart brightness
- removed double video snap! (for some reason it was played twice - in the beginning of the snap section and in it's end, I removed the second one)

Download latest version from here:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2950.msg21119#msg21119

Screenshot:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:22:56 AM by Yaron2019 »

takoni

• View Profile
Yaron2019, asahendrix: thank you both, thank you for insisting on finishing this work, and thanks for the work the time and know-how in code, because of you this "AM Layout´s world"  is nice to be in

asahendrix

• View Profile

The Atari look awesome! Who's doing the 3D art?

Per Takoni, a lot of 3D art can be found at artstation.com - here is a link to the Atari art: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lqD9k - I need to put in credit to the artists in the code.

And thank you for the updates and the boxart code! I'm so glad this project is picking up steam now! :)

asahendrix

• View Profile
Yaron2019, asahendrix: thank you both, thank you for insisting on finishing this work, and thanks for the work the time and know-how in code, because of you this "AM Layout´s world"  is nice to be in

Thank YOU for starting this wonderful project and for your excellent graphical work! I'm just trying to keep up haha

Yaron2019

I believe in helping people who share their work with others. In my opinion this theme looks good and it's also pretty unique. I am happy to help push it through.  :)

Yaron2019

Update #4

This one is small - I noticed that the boxart is not lighted by the game video snaps so I relocated the boxart code and placed it before the game video snap code and now everything is lighted properly. The boxart is now truly a part of the scene.

Attached is the layout script.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:54:23 AM by Yaron2019 »