Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548371 times)

ulihox

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.9 [Release] Updated 29 May 2020
« Reply #930 on: June 06, 2020, 03:32:21 PM »
Found and converted all the logos, but I'm not sure about Crazy Games, what is their logo or website?

Amazing!! You can find the logo here: https://segaretro.org/Crazy_Games

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.0 [Release] Updated 6 June 2020
« Reply #931 on: June 09, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.1 is out!

Mostly a bugfix and some minor improvements, plus more manufacturers and system logos.

If you try the auto update, and eventually the auto-install, tell me if everything goes smooth!

O.T.T.

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.0 [Release] Updated 6 June 2020
« Reply #932 on: June 09, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.1 is out!

Mostly a bugfix and some minor improvements, plus more manufacturers and system logos.

If you try the auto update, and eventually the auto-install, tell me if everything goes smooth!

I tried the auto-update with auto-install option: the whole process went smoothly! I also confirm that now the "blinky" shell issue originally caused by the auto-update is resolved  ;)

Well done!

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.1 [Release] Updated 9 June 2020
« Reply #933 on: June 10, 2020, 04:34:47 AM »
Hi zpaolo11x, long time. :) Still trying to get my head around the new features and major work that you have been doing. Missing a little the older display menu but trying now to adapt to the new AF one. So, with that, a couple of requests/questions. ;)

Some extra systems logos for the display menu:
Nintendo 3DS for handhelds
Sega CD for consoles (similar to how you have genesis and mega drive)

Future Pinball
Pinball FX3

Now, the pinball systems can be found in the "OTHER" category of course, but maybe could be a good idea to implement a specific "PINBALL" category for displays menu?

--//--

Is there a way to display the systems in the menu on the specific order we have instead of being alphabetically, similar to how you have the categorized menu? Maybe I missed an option.
I ask this because most times I use more a non categorized menu with a custom order.

--//--

I noticed, in the history panel, that computer fans noise ramp up now, even with low spec mode option to "yes". Is that normal?
Also, in that panel, is there a way to have a similar option to show also less info without the region like in games menu?

Cheers and many thanks again in advance!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #934 on: June 10, 2020, 05:08:19 AM »
Missing a little the older display menu but trying now to adapt to the new AF one. So, with that, a couple of requests/questions. ;)

I know, even if I didn't personally use that feature, I was very disappointed when I discovered that it could not coexist with the new way I manage the displays menu. Maybe I'll think of something different to get the old feature back, but that will be very very difficult :(

Some extra systems logos for the display menu:
Nintendo 3DS for handhelds
Sega CD for consoles (similar to how you have genesis and mega drive)

Future Pinball
Pinball FX3

Now, the pinball systems can be found in the "OTHER" category of course, but maybe could be a good idea to implement a specific "PINBALL" category for displays menu?

Good suggestion, there is a Nintendo DS logo but no 3DS, and only Mega CD which is the european/japanese name AFAIK, so it will be nice to have the US one too).
A Pinball category... If I can find a good font and some nice glyphs I'll add that too ;)

Is there a way to display the systems in the menu on the specific order we have instead of being alphabetically, similar to how you have the categorized menu? Maybe I missed an option.
I ask this because most times I use more a non categorized menu with a custom order.

There is no option at the moment, but it can be implemented pretty easily

I noticed, in the history panel, that computer fans noise ramp up now, even with low spec mode option to "yes". Is that normal?
Also, in that panel, is there a way to have a similar option to show also less info without the region like in games menu?

In my system fan noise ramp up every time videos are playing, so I'm not sure if there's a difference in the history panel. I didn't change that too much in later versions except adding more data, so not really sure.
I'll check if the "less info" option can be implemented ;)

EDIT: It seems that the playing thumbnail video is not stopped when you enter history page, so you'll have two videos playing. I don't know if past versions were different, I'll check the code...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:10:52 AM by zpaolo11x »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 10, 2020, 05:20:45 AM »
Ah maybe that's the reason for history panel appearing to be more demanding, the 2 videos at same time.

Thank you again so much for all the work. :) Don't worry about the older display method, forward is the way to go. ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #936 on: June 10, 2020, 07:56:30 AM »
Ah maybe that's the reason for history panel appearing to be more demanding, the 2 videos at same time.

Also, history panel enables Lotte CRT shaders, modified by me, so it's probably another cause of performance hit :D
PS: Look, isn't the "Pinball" logo nice?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 10, 2020, 09:55:44 AM »

Also, history panel enables Lotte CRT shaders, modified by me, so it's probably another cause of performance hit :D
PS: Look, isn't the "Pinball" logo nice?

Really nice indeed! Thx again and hopefully the history panel or the suggestions aren't giving you too much trouble. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #938 on: June 10, 2020, 10:54:34 PM »
Really nice indeed! Thx again and hopefully the history panel or the suggestions aren't giving you too much trouble. :)

For the history, I was thinking of a "history only" option where you don't have the first lines with the game name and data, but just the history/overview text under the game title artwork.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 11, 2020, 01:09:51 AM »
Hmm, maybe an option that keeps the game name (without the info in brackets) at least can be a good idea. I'm thinking more about Japanese releases or translated games where the logo may be not enough.
For Arcade/MAME usually "history only" would be enough since the history.dat file already has the game title but overview files normally only have the game info.

PS: With the option enabled to show AF display menu, when we enter the theme I'm noticing the intro sound (woosh) plays 3 times instead of only one. ???

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #940 on: June 11, 2020, 01:29:37 AM »
PS: With the option enabled to show AF display menu, when we enter the theme I'm noticing the intro sound (woosh) plays 3 times instead of only one. ???

Hmm weird, what are your options like? In my setup with everything set to default and only enabled display menu at startup I get just one woosh

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 11, 2020, 06:23:47 AM »
what's the best file for you to check theme options, pref_layoutoptions.txt, or other?

I know that I enabled audio for thumbs and history, besides enabling getting back to display menu when exit a system, for example.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #942 on: June 11, 2020, 06:37:58 AM »
what's the best file for you to check theme options, pref_layoutoptions.txt, or other?

Yes that would be perfect, you can email me at paolo.zago@gmail.com

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.9 [Release] Updated 5 November 2019
« Reply #943 on: June 11, 2020, 06:51:47 AM »
Here you have few of the more common snes games [chrono trigger, super mario kart, lemmings, invaders, final fantasy II, flashback, donkey kong III, the legend of zelda, a link to the past]
https://imgur.com/a/wgbAzHl

Well it took me a lot of time to fix (or better, to remember to fix!) this issue but I think I got it: normally the "attract mode" inside Arcadeflow selects only a portion of scanlines to display, which is fine, but if you have "oversized" video snaps (like 480p or 720p) that might cause excessive zooming as in your pictures, because each pixel line in the video is much smaller than a real scanline.

But worry no more! The forthcoming 8.2 version will fix this for systems recognized by Arcadeflow: it will be able to adapt the rendered resolution to the intended game resolution, so if you have a 720p snap of a SNES game, it will be treated as if it had 224 lines.

See attached image for a preview of the improvement

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 11, 2020, 12:28:59 PM »

Yes that would be perfect, you can email me at paolo.zago@gmail.com

Sent! :)